Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Flyojumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

Alright, just asking, could have been useful info for me since I have that ESC
Old 02-03-2006, 11:52 PM
duneslider

Right off the top of my head if you can find a pic of Doahhs evader he had shock covers on his shocks. I believe he used balloons too. Basically, you cut the top of the balloon off so it is like a sleave to go over the shock. Put a zip tie top and bottom of the shock. This way no dirt can get to the shaft and then to the seals. Those seals by mip that jakjr posted are the right ones. Give them a try. I have heard it is tough to get the shock completely 100% free of air.

Later
Duneslider
Old 02-04-2006, 12:00 AM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flyojumper id just be careful when choosing a motor i also bought a tazer 19 turn limit esc and was running a 27 t green machine with it and cooked reverse
some of the mod spec motors actualy put out more power than some of the lower turn mod motors
Old 02-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Flyojumper

Well if I stay under manufacturer specs, the warrantee should/will cover it. I have 2 more months of warrantee on my ESC right now (3 months correct?).
I'm not planning to push the envelope too far but I may run a 12t Revolution on my 12t Intellispeed ESC.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:44 AM
raz54

Finally got the 'pro' version today! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I noticed the rear axles are not the same as the basic evader, I see these have that pin that some one
else lost. I think the basic axles might be better. You guys that have had the pro longer might know which axle is better. I also got the sand tires today and they rip! Rooster tails flying and now it really flies up the dunes. I'll post a couple pics later.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:29 AM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

The cvd's on the pro are a little better. Make sure you loctite that pin before you run, they always fall out. I made custom ones, and i don't have problems anymore.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:40 AM
discgolfer72

Flyojumper i couldent warnty either because i had to change the connectors to deans and it says that if u change their connectors it voids warnty all of these companys needs to get togather an start selling products that come with deans
the tamiya plugs are actualy made for sound systems and were designed to carry no more than 5 v i gueess they were ok back in the 80s when 5v whas what most cars ran at but now with these high voltage and output bats somthing needs to change
Old 02-04-2006, 09:41 AM
CustomTamiyas4Life

What speeds are you getting with the method 11t?
Old 02-04-2006, 10:25 AM
raz54

ORIGINAL: tamiyacrawler

The cvd's on the pro are a little better. Make sure you loctite that pin before you run, they always fall out. I made custom ones, and i don't have problems anymore.

Do you mean remove the pin and put on the locktite?
Old 02-04-2006, 10:55 AM
duneslider

The cvd's have a grub screw that hold that pin. I don't think it was the cvd's that have the problems with the pin coming out. I believe it is just eh cvd's. As long as you keep that screw tight it won't come out. It would probably be a good idea to lock tight the screw.

Later
Duneslider

P.S. Congrats on the pro.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Doahh

ORIGINAL: discgolfer72

Flyojumper i couldent warnty either because i had to change the connectors to deans and it says that if u change their connectors it voids warnty all of these companys needs to get togather an start selling products that come with deans
the tamiya plugs are actualy made for sound systems and were designed to carry no more than 5 v i gueess they were ok back in the 80s when 5v whas what most cars ran at but now with these high voltage and output bats somthing needs to change
Buy Novak.... They don't care if you soldered deans on....
Old 02-04-2006, 12:42 PM
discgolfer72

not true for all their esc my spy says in the manual if u replace the connectors it wiil void warnty
edit
oh yea just got back from lhs and picked up a new ft brace for my evader ive went through 15-20 of the stock ones i hope this one holds up to my jumping
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79868.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	401785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14537.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	401786  
Old 02-04-2006, 01:17 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: duneslider

The cvd's have a grub screw that hold that pin. I don't think it was the cvd's that have the problems with the pin coming out. I believe it is just eh cvd's. As long as you keep that screw tight it won't come out. It would probably be a good idea to lock tight the screw.

Later
Duneslider

P.S. Congrats on the pro.

Thanks, I found the grub screw you talked about and pulled it and added locktite. I got to try it for a couple minutes then the rain started again but tomorrow it's back to the beach with the sand tires and tear up some dunes (lol).
Old 02-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Flyojumper

Alright, thanks Duneslider for the explanations on balloon covers.
Is it still needed with those new blue seals though? I have never seen someone use balloon covers before though, although it sounds like a pretty sound idea.
From all the users here who own an Evader, all of you settle for not quite 100% air free shocks?
There must be someone here who knows precisely how to fill those shocks perfectly free of air, I don't want to believe it's a design flaw...

On another topic, does anyone know the rims that are a DIRECT fit for the Bx?
I don't fancy those Duratrax rims, I cracked them in several spots already and would like to get new rims for my future new tires (probably Dirt Hawgs).
Are B4 a direct fit? Something else?
I don't want to reduce my turning radius on the front or have to change my shock position in the back (using outside hole at the moment), so I'd like a pretty much perfect direct fit.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:57 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

I think the shock air is a design flaw because i've tried everything and they still fell and sound like crap.
I beleieve b4 rims will fit as lond as you get them both up front and rear, so you don't throw anything off.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:05 PM
duneslider

Well, all the big racers rebuild their shocks so frequently that they wouldn't use the covers. All us bashers pretty much don't care enough to have perfectly built shocks so we only run the covers for the looks. So, are they a needed item? I doubt it but they do look king of cool.

Also, check the losi wheels. I thought they were supposed to fit even better than the b4 wheels. I don't know a lot about the buggy wheels though.

Later
Duneslider
Old 02-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Flyojumper

They look cool?!? I was actually thinking they would look kinda crummy. Anyone has a link to a pic of a buggy with balloon covers? The balloon goes tightly under the spring covering the inside part of the shock only or does it cover the whole entire shock thus hidding the spring? If so it must be pierced for the screw holes I guess...

The losi wheels, I couldn't find a whole lot on Towerhobbies, anyone know which model is it? Everyone here uses the duratrax ones? (damn they cracked easily for me and I didn't even abused the car...)

For the shocks, I have a feeling the problem lies in the cap keeping some air while you assemble it.
Don't laught but I had this whacky idea that would most certainly work on any shock: assemble the shock while submerged under oil!
You would need a little container (as small as possible to not use too much oil while still fitting the shock) and assuming you cleaned the shock and parts EXTREMELY thoroughly before assemblying it, that oil would not be contaminated and could be reused on other shocks.
It's a little extreme I know but I'm pretty sure it would result in completely air free shocks...
Old 02-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Doahh

Wheels, These are the ONLY ones that FIT
Rear: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3&I=LXDW24&P=K
Front: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3&I=LXDW22&P=K
I think they look nice...
Heres my vader with them... It only had 3 of every color so that's why it's yellow and green
Old 02-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Flyojumper

Thanks for the links and pics!

On the pic it looks like the green balloon is covering the whole shock, but we can see the spring with the yellow balloons, did you mount them the same way? (both covering the springs?) Did you settle with air in your shocks also?

For the rims, Tower doesn't have a pic of the front ones, do they fit the BX as well as the ST? (BX has narrower front rims, not sure if BX and ST share the same rear rims).

I see you have a stick sport pack in your evader, what motor are you running and what speed do you achive with that setup? I'm also using a sport pack but my evader pro BX is only doing 23mph...
Old 02-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Doahh

I'm running an SS5800 and I hit 35... With some IB's I could probably hit 40
the yellow ballon was smaller so I had to stretch it more making it tighter around the spring... I also got shock oil on the outside making it shrink a little... oops
Weird proline doesn't have the fronts...
This should be the front wheels though...
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEMF0&P=7
Old 02-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Flyojumper

Well they do offer the front, but Tower doesn't have the picture, so are they wide front or narrow BX style? (the first ones you posted)
The second ones you posted are for the B4, so they should be identical to the AE b4 rims, which I'm not yet sure are a direct fit.

Damn! 35mph! And on a sport pack... I envy you but now I don't understand why so many people think my battery is the limiting point in my setup (see my other topic).
I know the 13t Fireball I have is a budget motor but only getting 23mph out of a 13t is very disappointing to me... (even with a sport pack, Team Orion 3000mAH) I was expecting more in the range of 27-30mph.
Did you run other motors on your car? I want to know what kind of speed Evader users are getting out of a sport pack with a brushed motor.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Doahh

th seccond ones are the B4 ones... don't know why their called wide rims
Old 02-04-2006, 07:54 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

ok, i took the plane and reedy quad mag off my list of stuff to buy, so now i have like 90 bucks to get some bling. What do you guys think i should get?
1. all around aluminum arms
2. front and rear shock towers
3. bulkhead+front shock tower
Old 02-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Doahh

None of that
Don't get aluminum it's heavy not as durable as the graphite and doesn't do anything benificial... Only aluminum yyou should get is the Aluminum Motor Mount/heatsynk
Old 02-04-2006, 08:17 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

What?????!!!????not as durable????

Well, i dunno. I wish i had more money. I don't know if i want the quad mag and a plane, or if i want some aluminum, or if i want a 10t esc with a 11t motor. I need to order soon too, because i need that dang servo.

How much better is the reedy quad mag compared to the speed gems acronite 19x1? I always hear people like "it's so fast" and "the power is amazing". I guarantee you that the acronite has more torque, but the speed is less than adrenaline pumping. I want to know because this can be a short cut or i might have to get a 10t. Do you think the 10t would kill my tranny?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.