Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
EvaderST00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

ok so u think it will hold up for a few high speed street runs? i just wanna try it out thats all and if i like it i might upgrade to make it perm.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:27 PM
nitrozach54
Banned

I do.Just remember to keep your slipper adjusted right. Ive been fine with only the AL idler when running BL.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:31 PM
EvaderST00

how should i have the slipper adjusted?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
nitrozach54
Banned

heres a quick link:
http://www.rcracingusa.net/slipperfaq.htm
Old 03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
EvaderST00

im having trouble finding the al idler gear. i look on the nirto evader parts list i cant find it on tower.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: nitrozach54

you should be fine, but for extra strength, look into the b2 diff upgrade:

rc10 B2 diff gear
B2 diff rings
nitro evader alloy idler gear ( optional ) but well worth it
5X8 bearing
carbide diff and thrust balls- ( optional ) but good to have
silicon based lube- worth it but ( optional )
ceramic black grease- ( optional )
IMO/OME that Si. based lube should be mandatory...

also if you wanna try something new, go with nitro evader diff rings... cuz they are said to be a bit bigger, you need that cuz the balls are a bit farther out on the B2 diff gear... i'm gunna get some next time i order from tower... and be sure to let you guys know

idler
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7&I=LXFZP0&P=K

the lug
Old 03-10-2009, 11:06 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: EvaderST00

ok so u think it will hold up for a few high speed street runs? i just wanna try it out thats all and if i like it i might upgrade to make it perm.
yes with out a doubt if you have the B2 upgrade, heres a small vid of my evader doing speed runs on 6 cells and a 5800 kv motor

[link]http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/migs4/?action=view&current=P1000773.flv[/link]
Old 03-10-2009, 11:11 PM
cheech4

heres another small vid, just me doing some wheelies, just showing off some off the torque on the motor.

[link]http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/migs4/?action=view&current=P1000774.flv[/link]
Old 03-11-2009, 01:38 AM
monsterbombs

look these guys arnt wrong. but it can handle it without it. just tighten the diff all the way and
adjust the slipper so it doesnt wheelie(st model). if you dont do doughnuts on the pavement and get
silly it will hold up stock. just make sure the slipper is slipping before the diff.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 AM
airmayle

Hi everyone. New to the RC hobby just started two weeks ago. I was looking at adding a second truck. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these three trucks are? Evader EP ST, Evader EXT EP ST and the Evader Pro ST seam like the same except in price and transmitter. Also will parts from one truck fit the other trucks or does each truck have there own replacement parts. Can anyone say one is better than the other? Towerhobbies has the Evader EP ST RTR for $99.97us was thinking of purchasing this one. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:57 AM
SacramentoJoe

You are right about the transmitters. The EXT also has plastic shocks, a gear differential, and a differerent motor. The ST for $100 is a great deal. I didn't know they still made the PRO.

Oh, and welcome to the forum and the TEC!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
sam rojas
My Feedback: (3)

Other than shocks (the EXT are crap), different tranny/drives/rear axles (EXT stock dog bone drives also suck - recommend replacing with EXT CV's), phillips head screws vs. allen head. Other than that ST and EXT are basically same rig - interchangeable plastic parts. Pro is simply the Graphite version - subject to parts breaking during high speed crashes. I prefer the front end of the ST and with what I'm running, I'm neutral on what tranny is better. my two cents. Kids and I have equal good time with both rigs. The flexibility of the stock EXT plastics is a bit better if your bashing, but handling suffers a bit. For $100 - I'd buy the ST and then keep an eye out for a bare roller for backup parts - $20 to $30 on ebay or the lobby boards. Keeps ya runnin while waitin for parts from LHS or Tower.

BTW - got my ST back together last night - complete tear down. inch and a half crack in the graphite tray - ouch. Got lucky and didn't waste my steering servo when my kid crashed it last week. Back to running like a raped ape. good times.

Got some minor glitching from a bad antenna wire - any suggestions on replacement wire? was thinking of just using home alarm signal wire - small guage wire. Is wire guage critical?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:48 PM
mykull

Okay, some times I'm cheap... but I'm sure some of you on here might have done this and had success. I have the original pin type tires that are now officially bald... but the rims are mint. Of course these are a .... pain to get the rubber off the rims due to the glue. I in the past have used Acetone, since I read (not on here) that it works with some manufacture rims... but I found out the hard way with the Duratrax versions that they melt... which I knew was a 50/50 chance of that happening. So anyway.. this time around I figure I would rip the tire off the rim... done.. BUT.. there still is some rubber in that groove... with glue of course.. pulling at it really isn't helping. Any suggestions on how maybe some of you have had luck with getting them off the rim... and of course I could just buy new rims.. but a shame with these being mint.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
SacramentoJoe

Any suggestions on how maybe some of you have had luck with getting them off the rim
They make a debonder that works okay. It isn't fast, but it works.

This is the one I use, but there are other brands.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCX60&P=7
Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
evader8

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: nitrozach54

you should be fine, but for extra strength, look into the b2 diff upgrade:

rc10 B2 diff gear
B2 diff rings
nitro evader alloy idler gear ( optional ) but well worth it
5X8 bearing
carbide diff and thrust balls- ( optional ) but good to have
silicon based lube- worth it but ( optional )
ceramic black grease- ( optional )
IMO/OME that Si. based lube should be mandatory...

also if you wanna try something new, go with nitro evader diff rings... cuz they are said to be a bit bigger, you need that cuz the balls are a bit farther out on the B2 diff gear... i'm gunna get some next time i order from tower... and be sure to let you guys know

idler
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7&I=LXFZP0&P=K

the lug

i have finally gotten all the parts except for the al idler (comin tomorrow from backorder) i am wonderin what to do with the silicon and grease, i dnt know where exactly to put each one?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Matt_Gruizinga

the rpo also comes with a better ESC and a 15T motor. the EXT has very soft and flexible plastic but it also has the even more junky electroncis, i would buy the st and when it breaks use the ext plastic. o and the pro has some other stuff they don't mention that is really nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFwY_JFq-4s

this is how to build a rc18t diff and it might vary a little but this is basically how you should built yours.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:19 PM
BEARBYSR

Okay, some times I'm cheap... but I'm sure some of you on here might have done this and had success. I have the original pin type tires that are now officially bald... but the rims are mint. Of course these are a .... pain to get the rubber off the rims due to the glue. I in the past have used Acetone, since I read (not on here) that it works with some manufacture rims... but I found out the hard way with the Duratrax versions that they melt... which I knew was a 50/50 chance of that happening. So anyway.. this time around I figure I would rip the tire off the rim... done.. BUT.. there still is some rubber in that groove... with glue of course.. pulling at it really isn't helping. Any suggestions on how maybe some of you have had luck with getting them off the rim... and of course I could just buy new rims.. but a shame with these being mint.

Thanks in advance.
I think we all have had our experiances with tryin to reuse rims and remove old tires to try and save a couple bucks, however,(and I can be pretty cheap to sometimes), in my experiance(and reading many other threads on this topic) it seems better to sport a couple bucks for some cheap replacement DTX rims to mount new tires to. I have tried all the tricks to remove tires in the past but it usually ends up buggerin up the rims someway,somehow,(and lots of gray hairs) Some ways worked better then others but over time, this is one area that I have just gave up and opted for some cheappy spare rims. This is JMO and I know that there are some guys that have had better luck with this then I.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:28 PM
sam rojas
My Feedback: (3)

Anybody try freezing tires? wondered if any the northern folks who run in the snow have problems with tire glue failing. Just a thought, probably a stupid one.

Boiling works (other than burnin the hell out of yourself) to recover good tires off bad wheels, but tweaks the wheels in the process.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Matt_Gruizinga

i have boiled a set of tires and i didn't think it was that bad. i wanted the tires not the rims though. i would just buy new rims.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:03 PM
monsterbombs

it would probably cost you more in time messing with the old wheels, than getting new. the guy at my lhs told my mate
to soak his rims in acetone i just left shaking my head. on the ext/st differences, theres one you left out.BEARINGS.
big decider for me.the ext doesnt have bearings.brass bushings.cheap.

i chucked on a shock tower on from my nitro,and took the big fella down the river.didnt charge the lipo still had 1.4v
before cutoff. [X(]wooot woot.wheelies on grass at like 60kph.its been a week. wow, ive missed this thing. got a bit
cheeky doing doughy's on the grass. im on another forum and apperantly the vader cant handle a 19t reedy.
what garbage.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:18 PM
rclugnut10

this Q was asked last page for BALL DIFFS
use BALL DIFF SPECIFIC SILICONE GREASE, for everything else use black grease or similar,

as for tires, i either rip them off, (IMO zap CA products SUCK!!!! terrible experince with them) or use some great planes debonder but will try boiling, also just an FYI ALL T4/B4 rims fit just fine

the lug
Old 03-11-2009, 07:24 PM
FairTax4me

Chuck the wheel into a high sped drill and spin it til the tire flies off.

Nah I'm jk. I've used an Xacto knife to cut old tires off of wheels before, and it works pretty well as long as you're careful and don't cut your finger off instead of the tire. I didn't really bother to get the extra left over rubber off the wheel, but Xacto does make some wood carving blades that might be skinny enough to fit in there.
http://www.xacto.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=171
Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

ORIGINAL: evaderholic

it would probably cost you more in time messing with the old wheels, than getting new. the guy at my lhs told my mate
to soak his rims in acetone i just left shaking my head. on the ext/st differences, theres one you left out.BEARINGS.
big decider for me.the ext doesnt have bearings.brass bushings.cheap.

i chucked on a shock tower on from my nitro,and took the big fella down the river.didnt charge the lipo still had 1.4v
before cutoff. [X(]wooot woot.wheelies on grass at like 60kph.its been a week. wow, ive missed this thing. got a bit
cheeky doing doughy's on the grass. im on another forum and apperantly the vader cant handle a 19t reedy.
what garbage.
they carn,t handel squat there junk ..every body knows it but this thread ,,
Old 03-11-2009, 07:38 PM
rclugnut10

i know it... get T4 rims they'll kick the stockers ***** and only run you 2.50 more per set and i'd say thats a deal cuz everytime i try to get new rubber it seems i end up with new rims as well..

the lug
Old 03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
mykull

Hey thanks everyone for the suggestions... always know where to come to get answers. Thanks.. I'll give some of them a shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.