Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

track building

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 10:30 PM
moose_guy70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default track building

so the landscaper came over today and i got the bad news that my track is going to be torn down. the good news is that my parents said it would be ok if he brought either a truck load of decomposed granite or just some clay. The granite is suposed to pack down realy good. Also how big are the normal jumps at your local tracks. I am thinking around 9-10 inches tall would work with a few 2 footers. Any help would be apriciated thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 11:20 PM
gunnut

Default RE: track building

sorry to hear that. Here's a good idea for revenge: just use the landscaping as your new track
haha my parents don't like when I do that
Old 02-09-2006, 11:43 PM
moose_guy70

lol yea I probably would if they tried to landscape mt track area but there not they just have to tear it down to level the land so the rain doesnt flood my neighbors back yard.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

do not get clay worst thing to drive on when its dry and it cant hold anywater

that what i hav on my track and its hard as hell

me dad said i could get a truck load of gypsum and top soil from a construction site thats selling the stuff
problem is ant get the truck to the back so were gona have to wheele baro everything back there
Old 02-10-2006, 03:11 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Clay.....not hold water?????What??? That's what i have for my track and that's what i go four wheeling on and it's always wet except for maybe during a drought. I like clay, but whatever.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

doesent work for me + that stuffs ben back there sense like the house was built way back in 1992

but i dont think age would effect it much
Old 02-10-2006, 05:13 PM
moose_guy70

well the BMX track where I go has clay and it stays nice and smooth most of the time and doesnt rut out usually. I dont know im still undecided. does anyone have some pics of there tracks for some new ideas?
Old 02-10-2006, 05:34 PM
livthemoment

If you can, contact a local facility that has a motocross or monster truck event. Find out what blend of dirt they use. The good blended stuff is expensive. But maybe you can mix a bit of their minerals to give good packing dirt.
For jumps, make the landing 1 1/2 to 2 times as long as the initial jump. At the track i race, they have jumps that are up to my waist.. 35 to 40 inches. You just have to think if you want double doubles or triples or whatever combination then work out how far you car normally jumps depending on mod or stock motor. As long as the landing pad is right you can have pretty sick jumps.