Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya models

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Nawabi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya models

Hello.

I would like to know, if there is a complete guide on Tamiya's chassis names.

Its very hard to find anything usefull on the net that tells me whats the difference on the models.

This is what I have come up with, please correct me if im wrong.
FF = Front motor, Front wheel drive.
TA = Belt drive.
TB = "Shaft"driven, a offroad version of TL?
TL = "Shaft"driven, newbie car?.
M = Middmotor.

I have no clue what their "endning" abbrevations (R,SS,LA,D) is. A plus would be to see what has happend during the years, since there are 01-02-03-04-05 off some of the chassis types.

Could someone please guide me where to find this information.

/tobias
Old 02-27-2006, 11:24 AM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya models

try here
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/
Old 02-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Nawabi

Thanks, but it does not help me all the way.

I still cant see the difference between the models, more then what I have writen down.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:35 AM
saco1973
My Feedback: (-1)

if you go to the website listed above and go to the chassis list it tells you every model made on every chassis. Play around with that site and you can find out everything that there is to know about any Tamiya vehicle ever made.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:54 AM
infernalstone

M chassis cars are the Mini sized vehicles. Reserved for cars that can't be to scale with the regular lenth cars. This is where you see your Mini Coopers and VWs and such.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:00 PM
pyrodon

TL models are not newbie car[:@] I enterd my TL-01 in a race and i came in 3rd. So dont call it a newbie car.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:34 PM
_iceman_

R is the REVISED version of the car like the tt-01 for example they came out with the tt-01 and then like a month or so later the tt-01R with had key hop-up's already with it
Old 02-28-2006, 08:16 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

a few things you should know about tamiya is that they do not have all that many different chassis for their cars, they have alot cars but they also share relatively the same exact chassis. like the ta02 for example, they have about 6 different trucks with very very minor differences between them, tamiya will take a proven chassis and change the body and the ready set and sell it as a different car. xb just means they are pre built (xpert built) and they are rtr.

the names of these cars have nothing to do with their driveline, the m chassis acutally has the motor in the front on most of them, the mini cooper for example is mounted almost where the front bumper would go, but the alfa romeo has a midmount motor or rear mount motor.

tb chassis is shaft drive, they have the tb01 and tb02 and i think they might have a few more, the only difference between these would either be color or shock height or they might switch the arms but will always share the same chassis. hop this helps,

on tamiyaclub they have every model with pictures ever produced on a large scale, a few cars which are very very rare you will probably never see, they are know as prototypes and have really really wierd features but still very cool.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Nawabi

thank you all that have ansvered on this thread.

I have gotten enlighted on some topics, but these still remains.

1. Whats the difference between the TB ant the TT chassie (exept that the TB has oil filled shocks.)?
2. Wich chassie is "best" for offroad(flat gravel surface)/tarmac?
3. Are there any "BIG" performance difference between the TB, TL and the TT models, I have not included the TA chassie, as I udnerstand this to be a pure tarmac racer (am i wrong to think so)?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:16 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

tamiya is not going to be amazingly competitve because as of today all of their chassis designs are severly outdated, except for maybe their new buggy which is still low level, tamiya is more of a scale rc car, scale because their bodies are absolutely beautiful, and their wheels are spot on, hopups arent available all that much in the us but you can find them. THE GOOD THING IS THEY ARE CHEAP!! CHEAP FUN LITTLE CARS THAT WILL NOT STEER YOU WRONG!!

i cant really tell you the difference between tt and tb, i dont know all of the layouts off the top of my head, visit tamiyaclub and do a little research, josh