Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

glitching

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 02:16 PM
ryuhito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glitching

Here is a few pictures of my setup. I'm getting glitching and interference. The other day I spun out, when I gave a little throttle suddenly my car took off and slammed into a curb, stuck at WOT until I got within about 2 feet. It has happened 3 or 4 times in the 30 minutes of drive time I have with this current arrangement. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60838.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	429811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54351.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	429812  
Old 03-20-2006, 02:21 PM
MuffinMan06

Default RE: glitching

do you have capacitators installed on the motor? The capacitators lower the chance of glitching. I'm not sure about BL motors, but with brushed you need to put them on[&:]
Old 03-20-2006, 02:47 PM
losiracer753
My Feedback: (1)

try switching the reciver and the speed control
Old 03-20-2006, 03:05 PM
raz54

With a bl motor they suggest having the rx and antenna as far away from the motor and battery wires as possible and your rx is right next to the motor. I would relocate it some place else. You do not need capacitors on a bl motor.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:02 PM
gunnut

First, try these:
---twist the wires going to the motor, and the wires coming from the battery.
---Try turning the speed control 90 degrees in either direction. For some reason this greatly effected the glitching I was getting from my novak BL setup.
---check if there's any extra slack in the antenna wire(if there is, pull it through the tube, don't let slack lay around inside the car)
---make sure there are no other wires wrapped around the antenna wire/tube.
---Take your car to a different location and give it a try.

Still glitching? Some more drastic measures:
---relocate the receiver, get it mounted as high as possible inside the car and far away from the motor, ESC, and any metal parts.
---relocate the antenna, get it mounted as high as possible inside the car and far away from the motor, ESC, and any metal parts.

If none of this works, try getting higher quality batteries. Try some other radio systems if possible.
Good luck, hope your glitching goes away!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:27 PM
ryuhito

Thanks for all the help guys, those are all great ideas. It looks like my budget is a little more flush than expected, so I'm just going to pick up a Spektrum DX2 from the LHS in the morning. Wow, a 4.5 GTB and a Spektrum radio in less than 7 days. Cool. In case anyone forgot, this hobby is a freakin money pit
Old 03-20-2006, 11:57 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: ryuhito

In case anyone forgot, this hobby is a freakin money pit

If you think this is a 'money pit' you should try RC boating, this is chicken feed compared to that.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:21 AM
gunnut

ORIGINAL: raz54

If you think this is a 'money pit' you should try RC boating, this is chicken feed compared to that.
You're right about that--- I am just getting into boating and can cost big bucks. Then you have all this expensive electronics and and it's almost certainly going to get wet! [] [:@] [&:]
all part of the hobby I guess
Old 03-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Roy Dietsch

this hobby is a freakin money pit
ROTFLMAO

Try racing big cars 30K plus a year...you are getting off light!

Roy
Old 03-21-2006, 11:57 PM
ryuhito

Lol my thread kinda got hijacked...

First of all boating would be part of this hobby, if it was seperate there is no way it could compete with ground RC since my interests include touring, off-road and micro, gas and electric, grip and drift, crawling and bmx track bashing/jumping. Dude, theres only one kind of boat. Plus theres no grip so theres no suspension so it's boring. IMO. lol. "Uh, I turned up the trim on my rudder, it turns fast now...huhhuh."

Second, full-scale automotive costs are why I'm into R/C in the first place. I still have my eye set on a Borla catback exhaust for my Grand Prix, but for the same price I got a totally pimped out XXX-S. Plus I'll never get a ticket for my XXX-S breaking 40 in a 10 or my brushless motor not complying with turbo laws.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:50 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

The automotive hobby is very expensive but please do waste your money/time on a Pontiac Grand Prix LOL
Old 03-22-2006, 09:23 AM
raz54

ryuhito. Did you get your glitching problem solved?
Old 03-22-2006, 12:36 PM
ryuhito

Ouch, rippin on my Prix. lol. When it comes to performance cars my taste run extremely heavily to the land of the rising sun, but for my daily driver I hope I still have my Prix in 10 years. It's a sweet ride, big and plush. Up front I have all the power I need and out back I can fit a ton of R/C stuff in that trunk. The only drawback is that there's a million of em out there, but once I get that exhaust on there, it'll be easy to pick out.

Secondly, the glitching is fixed, I just bought the Spektrum DX2 system. I was actually a little disappointed in the presentation. Looks like we're paying for technology here; the radio is a brittle-feeling-plastic and laughably top heavy. The antenna on the receiver had a crappy weld and actually popped off. Horizon said to send it back to them so they could do it. haha. I don't think so, wheres my soldering stuff? 10 minute fix. And no stickers? How am I supposed to flaunt my goods with no stickers? (that was a joke) It's 25 degrees here so I haven't gotten to drive which is why I keep typing so much in these posts.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:52 PM
raz54

[quote]ORIGINAL: ryuhito

Ouch, rippin on my Prix. lol. When it comes to performance cars my taste run extremely heavily to the land of the rising sun, but for my daily driver I hope I still have my Prix in 10 years. It's a sweet ride, big and plush. Up front I have all the power I need and out back I can fit a ton of R/C stuff in that trunk. The only drawback is that there's a million of em out there, but once I get that exhaust on there, it'll be easy to pick out.

I owned a 63 Grand Prix and loved it. 389 ci, tri power, hurst shifter, Muncie 4 speed, Sun tach, dual exhaust with glass packs, racing clutch, bucket seats, electic seats, antenna and windows. It was big, heavy, smooth ride but fast! I never lost a drag race in that car.

Glad to hear your glitching is gone and keep the prix going!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:46 AM
ryuhito

Sounds like a sweet ride. To bad about the past tense, don't tell me your wife made you get rid of it. Those are real sad stories. Mines not a classic, only a 2001 and naturally aspiriated, but I was getting sick of spending tons of cash on my Blazer engine, I just wanted something super-dependable.

Bump.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:56 AM
raz54

Sounds like a sweet ride. To bad about the past tense, don't tell me your wife made you get rid of it. Those are real sad stories. Mines not a classic, only a 2001 and naturally aspiriated, but I was getting sick of spending tons of cash on my Blazer engine, I just wanted something super-dependable.

Bump.

No the wife loved the car too, it was a huge buck walking across the freeway one night that totalled it out one night.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Hordsak

I have a 1998 GTP =) Few mods hehe. I also have a glitching problem with a used Duratrax GP I picked up.. I think I might get a cheap FM for it, see how it goes.