Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Vision Peak Ultra
10.26%
Duratrax Intellipeak ICE
79.49%
Other(please post wich one)
10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

VisionPeakUltra or ICE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:56 AM
wyattburp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VisionPeakUltra or ICE?

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

I'd have to disagree, IMO the best charger for the money is the Hobbico Accu-Cycle Elite.
That's a sweet charger... I'm trying to figure out though why so many people prefer the ICE over the Elite...
Old 04-05-2006, 11:20 AM
-Inverted-

Yep, Im thinking that will be my next. The elite can also charge two batteries, and comes with a power supply.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:36 PM
NitroStar

I made 2 power supplies out of old computer power supplies. The yellow is +12 volts and the black is ground. The little green wire (on the Aopen brand) is the wire that tells it to come on (when you hit the button on the front of the computer). I cut and soldered this one to the black wire area on the board inside. I picked 2 PC power supplies that have the little rocker switch on the back of them. So I have an on and off switch. I even unbolted the board and unsoldered all the other wires except 2 yellows and 2 blacks and installed a big banana jack/screw terminal (from Radio Shack) on them for $4.99 each.

Just check the specs on the outside sticker. I chose 2 that said +12 volt = 13 amps. I've got 2 power supplies for about $6 each (for the banana jack/screw terminal from Radio Shack). You can find PC power supplies just about anywhere. Every body you know has an old computer that doesn't work or better yet go buy one at Comp USA (one of their brands that are about $20 and make sure it has the rocker switch on the back. Check the +12 volt amp rating also. Get one with at least 13 amps. I bought 2 from New Egg.com that had 25 amp output for $25 each for some PCs I was working on. I bet those would do an awesome job. You could run 2 ICE charger on one of those. I already run 2 Duratrax Intelipeak Digitals on one of the above mentioned power supplies with no problem.