Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

servos

Old 04-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Ziggmiester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos

hey, I'm was wondering what I could put in my evader(not pro) for better steering control.
I'm getting an XS3 Pro as soon as I can afford it, so I'm thinking maybe a little 270 would do the job, but update me if I should get anything more powerful.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:09 PM
SS Pede

Default RE: servos

I've like the JR Z590m in my Stampede. It has durable metal gears and is powerful enough to keep your truck under control. It looks like the Z590 comes with the XS3, so you're all set.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Doahh

Z590M.... Best servo for the evader...
Old 04-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Flyojumper

I think the Hitec 625mg is superior to the z590m in pretty much every way (at least on paper).
Same speed, slightly higher torque at 6V (94 vs 85).
Metal gears also but it comes with ball bearings instead of the bushings on the z590m.
Same street price too it seems (40$).
However for 10-15$ more I think the Hitec HS-5625MG is even better. Slighty faster speed and much higher torque that would allow it to be swapped into other bigger cars later on if you desire. (it comes with an aluminium arm too)
Old 04-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Doahh

Hitecs have problems centering
Old 04-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Flyojumper

They do? I don't own either of these servos but that's the first time I hear that.
I've researched my future servo quite a bit and went on the servos board and I found several posts where people had problems with JR z590m buzzing, etc in car applications but not many (or any from what I remember) about the hitec 625mg.
Are you talking from experience Doahh? If not could you link me to some of those posts about 625mg centering problems?
Old 04-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Ziggmiester

That's funny because me and my bro were kidding about putting the Z590 in there or perhaps even the Z650. After I replace my servo and reciver, none of it's electronics will be stock, kinda sad....oh wait no I'm not

As far as the Hitec, that would be a possiblity.

I know I'm going off topic in my own thread, but do any of you happen to know if the DZ9000T will work with the RS310 and the XS3 Pro, because I am no longer sure because I noticed it was digital
Thanks guys.