Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

xxxt owners, need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 08:21 PM
fugaziiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xxxt owners, need some help...

I'm stumped....
The diff on my XXXT slips, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can think of (or have done thus far) to stop it from slipping.
If anyone has any input as to how I might go about getting it to stop slipping, please clue me in.
Thanks.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: xxxt owners, need some help...

Are you sure the diff is slipping ? If you have the diff screw tight it should not be slipping . You might be hearing the slipper slipping if that is too loose .
Old 04-29-2006, 10:51 PM
fugaziiv

No, its the diff. If it was the slipper, the diff gears wouldn't be melting. (lucky for me they are cheap)
I just find it odd that I can tighten the diff screw all the way, and yet still be able to spin the gear. What diff grease do you use, maybe mine doesn't work.
I know other guys use the GTB/5.5 with this tranny with few issues, so its making me confused.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:27 AM
Gex_61

First of all how long have you been running it. Is it brand new?

Strip it down and rebuild the entire diff using the owners manual. It obviously shouldn't be doing it. Maybe contact losi for help or parts.

You could also disassemble and take pics of all the pieces. I might be able to point something out.

-----------------------

I actually had diff problems last week. I messed with my tires one day before a race and when I turned the tire backwards it worked like it was supposed to. I turned it forward and the other tire went forward as well and turned my moter.

I went ahead and changed gear, balls, and both of the plates in case of bald spots.
Here's was the problem-

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17604.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	452875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66411.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	452876  
Old 04-30-2006, 07:20 AM
fugaziiv

I'll strip it down and get some pictures for you. I've done melted a couple of diff gears now, so those pictures look VERY familiar to me.
I've been running it for a little while, but with a 19t.
I've rebuilt it since then, and now its slips like crazy. I prolly need new plates and balls, and like a fool didn't pick them up then I was at the HS yesterday, and its like an hour away.
Contacting Losi is a GREAT idea, I wish I thought of it first, I'll keep you posted as to how that goes.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:39 AM
bIGmiK

Make sure you put the diff back in the correct way, so it wont loosen it self...
Old 04-30-2006, 07:21 PM
fugaziiv

well, i went ahead and changed the balls, plate, gears, and switched to a different diff lube, and now it works great!
thanks for the ideas guys.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:38 PM
dalllas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thos pictures of the gears are way too familiar, i hate it when that happnens... i hate rebuilding diffs... and shocks, those are the pieces of my kits that i would like to pay my brother to do... but he came in a little late... hes only 2
Old 05-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Gex_61

No kidding it worked. I still don't get why it would slip after you tightened it down all the way. I figured the problem would be a missing washer or something. You probably can't tell on the balls, but on my plates that go on the outdrives there was a ring around them.

Good to hear that it works.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:58 PM
fugaziiv

Yeah, i also had a ring on the drives, so maybe i had a flat spot on the balls or something...
anyhow, i'm now having a blast making my nitro buddies cry