Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFFICIAL TOURING CAR THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Haulin Azz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL TOURING CAR THREAD

[8D] Ok it is time we get a touring car thread, to discuss anything about all of them, in this forum. I have a tc3 with a Tekin 412p/Speedstar esc, a Futaba Magnum radio system, Hitec servo, a trinity Monster Horse Power 1987 worlds motor, a Ford Gt40 body, aMustang Saleen body, and a Mustang Gt body. I raced tonight and I am never buying an LRP esc again![:@][:'(] This is the third esc from them that went bad on me![&:](IMO they SUCK) I am sticking to Novak and Tekin. My car was kicking butt in the final race because the first two heats my junk lrp esc kept messing up then finally died 5 laps into the second heat. Before the main I swapped out my Lrp with my Tekin and my car REALLY woke up![:-] it was really uncontrolable on carpet with my rubber tires (left my foams at home). I still used traction compound but it was very fast! I lost control bad 3 times in the 8 minute race and had to repair my car twice (toe rods kept popping off) I was in 5th place behind 4th place by around 5 or so laps. By the end of the race I came all the way up to third and finished in the top 3 (3rd place!). The Gt40 body is harded lexan then most bodies because it craked and i have a huge hole in the front the size of a dime! lol Looks cool! So everyone teel about your touring cars and your latest races!
Old 05-29-2006, 02:25 AM
stumpjumper69
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: OFFICIAL TOURING CAR THREAD

Finally someone with a recent post about the TC3. I just picked one up on E-bay and was wondering about a couple things. I am new to electric as I have some limited experience with nitro STs. My first question is what is the best gear ratio for top speed? I am racing a few freinds in a very wide open parking lot and there is a really long straightaway that allows us to really open it up. I am running a NOVAK SS5800 brushless system, the body is a BMW M3 coupe. It has a venom speed meter that is telling me I am only hitting about 33 at top speed. I know these cars can do more than that...
Also I am gonna need some new tires soon and wondered what you thought about these..
[link=http://Tires]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHUL6&P=0[/link]
I race on asphalt only for now...Finally...what is the best steering servo for this car? Will it take a Hi-Tec 645?? I prefer metal gears...
Thanks
Old 05-29-2006, 10:27 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

This is the electric froum but I just picked up a HPI RS4 Evo 3. It has a blown engine but I will soon be swapping in a O.S. .18
Old 05-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Doahh

I have a XXX-S Graphite Plus edition with Novak GTB and Monster Goose motor.
It has transponder number 3125292
Old 05-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Johnny9s

I have a TC4 and an X-Ray T1-FK05 with T-Bang 27t and 19t motors. The TC4 is my bashing car and the X-Ray is my race machine.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:14 PM
kostaktinos_mt

i have a tc3 but it will soon be a shelf queen because i want something new to built from scratch. i would like to hear opinions about the xxx-s. it looks like a pretty decent choice to me...
Old 05-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Ash_uk

Here my touring car...

It's a tl-01 chassis with -

- Fully ball raced
- Oil filled shocks
- Take-off rubber
- LRP F1 pro digital reverse ESC (no motor limit)
- Team Orion Orbital Pro BB 14X2 motor

I also have a tt-01 on its way with some other goodies going on, i'll post pics when its sorted...

Quick question...I have standard gears on my tl e.g. 19t pinion etc, would changing the spur and pinion sacrifice alot of torque? especially as I want to drift with it... Can anyone recomend gear combinations for this chassis?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76509.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	468661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69758.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	468662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze87236.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	468663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zs51549.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	468664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj65406.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	468665  
Old 05-30-2006, 10:44 AM
×SlappY×

I have a XXX-S, aluminum c-hubs and soon ill have aluminum a-arms front and back. Im running the SS5800 in it with a HPI Audi A4 Wagon ish type body.

Its a sleeper [8D]

Ash_UK, I had that esc before i got my brushless and wow does it take a beating! it never overheated once. and it was submerged in water for a good hour. (snow bashing) after a couple snow bashes it finally died down on me. too much water got in there and it just made a frying sound and started to smell really bad. so keep it out of water[:@][:'(]
Old 05-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Ash_uk

ok, good job it hardly ever snows here then!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:19 AM
×SlappY×

haha lucky

oh btw, for your drifting question, just use the gearing you have now, ull be fine. just slap on some abs or pvs tires and your good to go. I drift with my SS5800 sometimes.. its TOO powerfull but when it gets up to speed i can over rev it like crazy and pull some long drifts .
Old 05-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Ash_uk

great im going to try some in a bit when the car park emptys tonight!

sl4ppinb4ss3r, have you got any experience of using lower turn motors? I'm thinking about putting a trinity D4 9X2 in my other tt-01 chassis, just worried about stripping the gears [&:]
Old 05-30-2006, 03:43 PM
stumpjumper69

Can anyone please tell me what the best stereing servo is for the TC3?? Will it take a Hi-Tec 645?? I prefer metal gears...
Also the best pinion to spur ratio for top speed?? I am running a NOVAK SS5800 brushless system, the body is a BMW M3 coupe. It has a venom speed meter that is telling me I am only hitting about 33 at top speed. I know these cars can do more than that...

Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 07:52 PM
MuffinMan06

I too, have a xxx-s and its a very reliable and an easy to adjust car. Here's my upgrades:
-Graphite chassis and F/R diff covers (used to be plastic composite)
-19T reedy
-Novak GTS (I thought I fried it last weekend, but I just had the throttle
wire in backwards lol)
-IB3600s
-Proline Mazda 6 body
-JR XR3i radio w/ JR 590 metal gear servo

I had a race two weekends ago and I did alright. I won the second heat in the novice class. My body has a few scratches and the whole right front links/ c-hubs fell off during the mains so I was like aaaaaa
Old 05-30-2006, 07:55 PM
kostaktinos_mt

ORIGINAL: MuffinMan06

I too, have a xxx-s and its a very reliable and an easy to adjust car. Here's my upgrades:
-Graphite chassis and F/R diff covers (used to be plastic composite)
-19T reedy
-Novak GTS (I thought I fried it last weekend, but I just had the throttle
wire in backwards lol)
-IB3600s
-Proline Mazda 6 body
-JR XR3i radio w/ JR 590 metal gear servo

I had a race two weekends ago and I did alright. I won the second heat in the novice class. My body has a few scratches and the whole right front links/ c-hubs fell off during the mains so I was like aaaaaa
how is the belt holding up so far? have you tried more powerfull motors?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:27 PM
MuffinMan06

nah not yet but I'm thinking about getting an Orion Revolution 14 or 13T, I heard that they can go up to 50 runs without having to get the comm cut. So far I only had to replace the belt once and the tranny seems to hold up fine without any major problems. The design is pretty good. I like it
Old 05-30-2006, 08:28 PM
kostaktinos_mt

i suppose the handling is the usual losi`s kick-*** one?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:36 PM
MuffinMan06

yeah the handling is kick *** like all losi cars but I should replace the shock oil ... shhh dont tell anyone The only thing I dont like is that the turbuckles are really stiff and without enlarging the hole in the buckle, you have to take it off and adjust it with pliers
Old 05-30-2006, 08:38 PM
kostaktinos_mt

ORIGINAL: MuffinMan06

yeah the handling is kick *** like all losi cars but I should replace the shock oil ... shhh dont tell anyone The only thing I dont like is that the turbuckles are really stiff and without enlarging the hole in the buckle, you have to take it off and adjust it with pliers
nah, thats ok. if one is tempted to it, then...there is lunsford for these matters!

anyway, it seems that i will be picking an xxx-s through this summer... have to dig out the versions though...
Old 05-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Dokioto

I have a TC4 RTR. I will be upgrading it to Factory Team specs. I wish I could start racing but there isn't any tracks near me. []
Old 05-30-2006, 08:48 PM
MuffinMan06

well good luck kostaktinos and youll probably find the xxxs to be a reliable and a good little car.

Dokioto is there a hobbytown usa near you? The one near where I live are holding races so you might want to check that out. Did you already check the track listings?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Dokioto

MuffinMan06, There is not a hobbytown usa near me. I looked all over for tracks but I can't find any.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:03 PM
MuffinMan06

hmmm... thats a tough one Dokioto... I dunno what you should do[] Maybe try to ask all of your LHS about some tracks even remotely close.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Dokioto

ya, I am going to keep looking till I find one but until that I can still bash. Thats better then nothing.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:41 AM
stumpjumper69

Can anyone please tell me the best pinion to spur ratio for top speed?? I am running a NOVAK SS5800 brushless system, the body is a BMW M3 coupe. It has a venom speed meter that is telling me I am only hitting about 33 at top speed. I know these cars can do more than that...

Thanks
Old 06-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Haulin Azz

what is your gearing right now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.