Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Best electric car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:27 AM
specialk2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best electric car?

I have been browsing these forums for a couple months and I’m ready to buy an electric r/c car. I was interested in the Team Losi: XXX-T Sport RTR Brushless w/XR2i or a traxxas model. I was wondering if there is any better electric r/c car available, any opinions are GREATLY appreciated. I definitely want:
1. Electric (I must have electric)
2. Ready-to-Race (RTR)
3. Prefer 1/10 scale
4. Prefer stadium truck (or anything that can handle jumps and light abuse)
5. VERY LOW maintenance
6. Fastest car stock, I do not want to do any upgrades, if so very few
7. $500 maximum
8. Prefer 4WD, but 2WD is fine, if its faster

I know exactly what I want, but do want the fastest (hopefully with some durability as well). If there is any electric RTR r/c truck with low maintenance out of the box that is faster than the Team Losi: XXX-T Sport RTR Brushless w/XR2i (2WD), please let me know and I will buy it!

If any has a XXX-T Sport RTR Brushless w/XR2i what do think of it? What about one of the taxxas model's.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:22 AM
bIGmiK

Default RE: Best electric car?

Nope, you have the best RTR Stadium truck right there (xxx-t brushless I mean)

Go for it!!! [>:]
Old 07-31-2006, 11:27 AM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

yeah, if you just want a rtr, then the losi is you only choice. you could get a much faster truck for a minimal amount of time. heck, paypal me and i will build you a faster truck
Old 07-31-2006, 11:39 AM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The XXX-T Brushless would be a great truck for you, get a couple of IB4200 stick packs and you'll be up and running!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:43 PM
BanditMonster

$500 maximum, is just fun!

If you are looking for durability, go with the Traxxas Rustler. They are not as ready to race as the other companies, but if bashing and destroying is the name of your game, rustler is the winner.

A Traxxas Rustler is very cheap, around $130 with the MSC (the old model), and if you want to buy the new model instead, it's around $170. Since you have $500 to spend, you can get a durable Traxxas Rustler, with an Hv Maxx 6.5 and go faster than you can possibly imagine, or get enough torque to climb anything, anywhere.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:00 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

get the brushless xxx-t
Old 07-31-2006, 08:16 PM
jimroad471

If you want RTR, brushless and fast..................go with the Losi. My hometown is Tucson. Where are you in Arizona?
Old 07-31-2006, 11:52 PM
specialk2

Thanks for the input, I think i will buy the Team Losi: XXX-T Sport RTR Brushless w/XR2i.

BTW - Phoenix
Old 08-03-2006, 10:49 AM
chaseman81

Hey I was wondering if you can. Tell me why my connectors between the speed controller and bat. get really HOT, speed controller is an Traxxas XL1 manual the motor is a new cobolt 27 stock just after a couple passes. no racing just passes really hot connector only. 116-123 degrees.

Thanks
chaseman
Old 08-03-2006, 11:03 AM
vtl1180ny

Losi is for racing, Traxxas are Toys....

Although I remember when traxxas trucks were the one's to have....

Ther are no 4wd Stadium trucks and you don't need it....
Old 08-03-2006, 01:22 PM
jimroad471

Those are symptoms of a poor connection. Make sure those bullets are TIGHT!!!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:14 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: BanditMonster

$500 maximum, is just fun!

If you are looking for durability, go with the Traxxas Rustler. They are not as ready to race as the other companies, but if bashing and destroying is the name of your game, rustler is the winner.

A Traxxas Rustler is very cheap, around $130 with the MSC (the old model), and if you want to buy the new model instead, it's around $170. Since you have $500 to spend, you can get a durable Traxxas Rustler, with an Hv Maxx 6.5 and go faster than you can possibly imagine, or get enough torque to climb anything, anywhere.

I dont know where people are getting the idea that a hv-maxx will be good in a rusty but it WILL NOT GIVE YOU GOOD PERFORMANCE!!!! It will give you monster torque but the weight of all the batteries would make the truck sluggish and probably not that fun to drive. DO NOT GET THE HV-MAXX FOR A RUSTY!!!!!

Instead get the ss4300 and a 7 cell battery, that will give you good top speeds and excellent torque.

As for this thread, you can build a better truck for 500 beans. Look on ebay for a xxx-t roller so you can buy your own electronics. You can get a prebuilt truck if building the truck is intimidating to you. Then choose a radio of your choice, a bluebird servo from www.nitrohouse.com , and then go for a novak ss5800 brushless system. It has more top speed than the ss4300 but it might be a little more uncontrollable because of the higher speeds. Just take your time and learn how to drive it and it will treat you well. If you do decide to go for the ss4300 then go for it. I love mine. I run mine in a rusty with 7-cells (gp3300's) most of the time because it gives you wheelies on demand and good top speed.

And the hpi rs4mt is a 4wd stadium truck and you can get one off of ebay, but they are discontiuned everywhere else.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:00 AM
specialk2

Thanks for all the input, does any one have a Losi: XXX-T Sport RTR Brushless?