Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Novak Brushless setup pics

Old 09-15-2006, 04:32 PM
kmwdesign
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak Brushless setup pics

I, like a few others on this forum have either switched from Nitro, or just plain started into electric. With that being said, Ive bought a bunch of cool new stuff and have no clue how to configure them.

So my question is this. Could someone running a FT T4 and a novak 3.5 shoot me a pic of their set up? Im not sure how its all supposed to look when Im through. A bar setter , if you will.

[email protected]

Any tips would help a bunch. Im a long way away from Nitro on this project.

Kevin
SC
Old 09-15-2006, 05:03 PM
pauls2ndblessng

Default RE: Novak Brushless setup pics

I wouldn't put a 3.5r in a Team Associated T4, I have one and run a 19t and its screams on the track, having a 3.5 in it would be uncontrollable on the track, if you bashing its still alittle much. A guy at a LHS has a 5.5 and it'll do rolling wheelies al the way up to about 45 mph. He actually is going to sell it to get a 6.5. I would stick with the 6.5r combo, it'll be fast and controllable. Plus you'll still be able to do rollng wheelies up to you top speed.

This is just my opinion though, you may want the uncontrollable speed. I personally like mine the way it is, although I am getting the 5.5r for my TC4 that I'm building this weekend.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:22 PM
kmwdesign

Ya its all already bought and paid for. I understand how to set it all up. Im just having problems with the layout of the components as well as what the best way to deal with all of Novaks Wires on this thing.

So by looking at someone elses, Ill be more able to figure out how mine is roughly supposed to look.

Thanks for the resonse though. Anything right now helps
Old 09-15-2006, 05:40 PM
BanditMonster

Well the 6.5r in my bandit is pulling wheelies from the get go!

I still have a few upgrades left to do on my Killer Bee Bandit, and I'll post some picks!

Until then, enjoy your Novak, they are awesome!
Old 09-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Elmo6s

I'm running the equivelent of this set-up (a Mamba Max 7700 in a FT T4) - you need a terrain specific tire (mulchers for offroad, street for onroad) otherwise the traction is terrible. I find the truck once it gets up to speed takes forver to stop and as it does spins out about half the time from full speed... I'm taking this setup out of my T4 and dropping it into a touring car, because the truck simply doesn't handle well with something this powerfull... I would recommend going up to at least the 5.5 - 6.5...
Old 09-15-2006, 07:05 PM
DougE

I run the 4.5 / gtb in my losi xxxt, and it doesn't do wheelies. Seems when people talk about the 5.5 they're popping wheelies on demand. Why don't I? I've got matched 6cell packs, tried all kinds of gearing, so what am I missing? I mean, it'll wheelie pretty good if I hit a bump that kicks the front end up a little and then I juice it full, but it won't wheelie "on demand". Any help?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:42 PM
-Inverted-

4.5= low torque motor.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:57 PM
cash25

I hope the photos load up...we will see.

The motor is the 6.5 and I can't do wheelies either. Then again, it is fast and I don't WANT to do wheelies. I cut my power wires and put on powerpoles. This way, I can switch out future motors easier. I want a 3.5 for speed runs and a 13.5 for racing.

http://www.rcpics.net/media.php?sear...earch&limit=10
Old 09-15-2006, 08:27 PM
kmwdesign

Thanks a lot for the pics. I think I might be in the right direction. Ill take a pic and let you all see.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:28 PM
_flyin_bryan_

my 5.5 wheelies on the street, but normally does not get enough traction to wheelie on dirt, although some times it does. its real cool but not as fast as keeping the fronts down.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:42 PM
kmwdesign

Here is the pics.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:44 PM
kmwdesign

Sorry for the size.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:45 PM
kmwdesign

Old 09-15-2006, 09:48 PM
kmwdesign

the servo Wires will be re routed. Its all in there just to see if you all will think it shalt work.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:40 PM
_flyin_bryan_

hey kevin, do you have the spiral wrap stuff to put on the sensor wires, it looks like they could get into the fan?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:56 PM
kmwdesign

Nope, but I will with the next Tower order. Because I haven't given them enough money in the last week.LOL.

Do you all think the switch is too close to the motor. Also I mounted the power cap. on the upper deck right along with the receiver. Good idea or no?

Thanks for the comments. I would really hate having to do this all again due to my own ignorance.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:58 PM
_flyin_bryan_

you cant be too ignorant cuz you got top drawer stuff there, lol.

the spiral wrap im talking about came with my 5.5 system, i just figured yours did too and you didnt have it on there.

hard to say on the switch, maybe a little as far as maybe the switch being affected by motor heat, however, if your motor stays as cool as my 5.5, it shouldnt be a prob.

my power cap is the closest thing to my rx, and i dont have any probs, and im running an am radio.
i did have major glitching probs when i had the rx right beside the nimh cells, so i moved it, (the rx) to a forward location right above the steering servo and right beside the power cap, and now it works perfect, not even a hint of interference.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:57 AM
pauls2ndblessng

Oh! I see that you hav a TC4 and not a T4.
Thats swweet man, I just picked up my TC4 last night, I hope it turns out well. Yours looks great, I would try to mount your rx forward like flying brian was saying. Man you are going to have a crazy fast car there dude. Let us all know what you think! I'm fairly intersted to know how the TC4 handles and runs with the 3.5r setup. I may get it instead if you like it. Good luck and your car looks great!
Paul
Old 09-16-2006, 07:31 PM
cash25

Yeah...I thought he had a T4, not a TC4. I guess my pics didn't help any!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:21 PM
kmwdesign

Those pesky C's get me every time. Slick little devils. I ended up taking her down to the local guru, he gave me the bog ok. THanks to all of you that made an imput. It really helps the rest of us squeak by.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:23 PM
sleepy23

ah,i was about to upload my t4 pics til i saw it was a tc4.
the 3.5 will be fine in that. i dont know what your soldering skills are like, but you could drastically shorten those motor wires.
looking at that tc4 has almost inspired me to sell one of my trucks and pick up a tc.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:35 PM
kmwdesign

After spending money on the chassis, motor, esc,reciever, tires, bat. batt. charger, discharger, radio system, and not being cheap either might I add......And now I have to find a place to race that isnt 4 hours away from here. Where there is a will there is a way I suppose. If anyone is in the Charleston SC area, Im looking for a carpool partner. LOL

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:00 PM
sleepy23

find me a newspaper with someone hiring a mechanical engineer and i will move over there and race with ya
looks good though
Old 09-16-2006, 09:07 PM
-Inverted-

looking at that tc4 has almost inspired me to sell one of my trucks and pick up a tc.
Ill trade you a TC4 for your T4 EVO.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:46 PM
sleepy23

hahahaha......you mean a fully load brushless monster of a tc4 and about $2500 bucks and I will think about it. ( and before anyone asks...i am not entirely sure how much is in the truck, there is a ton of one off custom stuff.... if you count electronics and radio...it might be possible..i think i have about 150-175 in the tranny, depending on how much i was to say the custom work would cost..)
i would trade my other t4 for the tc4 in this thread including my gtb 5.5 but not the radio or servo..and then i still would take a loss.

but any ways, nice looking car. i did head over to ebay to check out a few after i left here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.