Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

nyc racers thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:01 PM
E-MaXX360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nyc racers thread

Dude. I Can't wait to go to queens. Do some racing and some bashing. Yea, I'll bring all my vehicles with me when I go. Hopefully theres a place to bash too. Na just kidding. Yea I cant wait though. Too bad its fathers day this weekend, I would of came down. I would like to see this track you and your bro made. And u dont mind if a bring a friend. Well after this weekend I'm free pretty much on the weekends. So let me know when its a good day to come. Either saturday or sunday. Doesnt matter. Looking foward to having 4th of july week off. I'll be bashing everyday. Maybe go to that track thats in farmingdale. I'll bring my bandit or rustler vxl. ttyl
Old 06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
JUSTPASSEDU
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: cheech4

ORIGINAL: JUSTPASSEDU

The duratraxx evader ? I had one of those , they are one of the worst quality rc cars you can buy. Do they still offer there 1 or 2 year stress tech warranty bc everything breaks.
oh wow you just stepped on my toes. OK first off the evader is a beginners truck not meant to be anything special like bashing or racing. there were 2 types of evaders back in the day i bought mine, you had the regular and the pro version, i have the pro and u can ask the guys here, but my evader was a tough truck and it was fast as hell and for a truck it handles nice, actually preferred the handling over over my Losi mf2 which is a champion racing truck. but it retired in Florida i keep it there now cuz there a few nice beaches i go to for bashing. I don't know about today's evaders but the Evader pro was made for a limited time and everyone who had one loved them, i still do mine.
I'm not looking to forum fight you buddy or step on your toes , I don't care what anyone says , special , limited edition whatever they want to call it , duratraxx is crap in the rc world . I have had many cars including duratraxx , I tried to get 3 friends into the hobby with duratraxx , two cars came broken in the mail and one broke on it's first run. They were all evaders. I made them return them and they got Traxxas and slowly got into the hobby without breaking parts. There is a reason why they are the cheapest cars you can buy. Stuff like that just ruins this hobby ...
Old 06-17-2011, 03:27 PM
JUSTPASSEDU

The duratraxx evader ? I had one of those , they are one of the worst quality rc cars you can buy. Do they still offer there 1 or 2 year stress tech warranty bc everything breaks.
oh wow you just stepped on my toes. OK first off the evader is a beginners truck not meant to be anything special like bashing or racing. there were 2 types of evaders back in the day i bought mine, you had the regular and the pro version, i have the pro and u can ask the guys here, but my evader was a tough truck and it was fast as hell and for a truck it handles nice, actually preferred the handling over over my Losi mf2 which is a champion racing truck. but it retired in Florida i keep it there now cuz there a few nice beaches i go to for bashing. I don't know about today's evaders but the Evader pro was made for a limited time and everyone who had one loved them, i still do mine.
I'm not looking to forum fight you buddy or step on your toes , I don't care what anyone says , special , limited edition whatever they want to call it , duratraxx is crap in the rc world . I have had many cars including duratraxx , I tried to get 3 friends into the hobby with duratraxx , two cars came broken in the mail and one broke on it's first run. They were all evaders. I made them return them and they got Traxxas and slowly got into the hobby without breaking parts. There is a reason why they are the cheapest cars you can buy. Stuff like that just ruins this hobby ...this is my opinion so please take no offense to this.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
rc10b4_racer

my freinds evader came in today. condition seemed perfect and parts quality doesnt look cheap...i helped him tune his shocks and he took it for two runs today...crashed into metal gates and mail boxes a few times right on the a-arms and bulk head...nothing broke...barely scratched...the only downside we found was the philiips srew set..i hate phillips lol...we will change him out to hex screws soon! =] It was fun and it handles GREAT. Made me realize just how much harder a 2wd buggy is to control. hes running stock gearing and stock electronics with a 7-cell 3000mah onyx battery which honestly performs pretty damn good! He in love with this thing xD hes just looking to get a new bumper to feel safer since he is fresh in the hobby. he wants to go brushless sometime in the future when he feels he has learned his car enough and how to control it...i think im going to reccomend him the DE10 from duratrax...4 pole 3800kv motor with an esc made from castle...CANNOT go wrong with that in my book....all for 129.99 =]. We will see.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:33 PM
JUSTPASSEDU

I'd suggest he'd go with a castle sct system over a duratraxx , not only is it cheaper , it's better. Hopefully your friends evader has metal gears in the tranny or brushless will not be good for it. Glad your friend is having good luck with his car....
Old 06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
rc10b4_racer

yeah we are going to look into all the needed upgrades if any are to be needed. I would tell him to go with the sidewinder but he likes to offroad alot so he wants to run low kv and castles lowest is 4600.....ever since i went low KV gearing options became heaven and so has temperatures ...I havent heard anything bad from the de10 motor...its 4 pole and a nice kv. the esc is from castle itself so theres no way its going to just suck. only the motor is duratrax and if it really is crap and fails then he can replace it with a tacon or hobbywing motor for 25-30 dollars. Something tells me the DE10 will be more the sufficient enough for him. Hes just looking to have fun and drive =]. THE sidewinder is only a hundred dollars tho and the esc is obviously good so i think ill tell him about it seeing as with my earlier logic...if wrost comes to wrost and he doesnt like the KV of the motor, then tacon or hobbywing it is =]...thanks for bringing up the castle...totally over looked it x]....but a 3800kv 4 pole sure sounds tempting to me
Old 06-17-2011, 07:09 PM
JUSTPASSEDU

Your friend is in luck , castle has a few motors with a kv below 4600 which anything below that should be perfect for him. I am unsure of the evaders tranny though , is it steal gears bc if not he may need to upgrade that also , I don't think the evader will handle the power of brushless without some steal tranny gears.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:00 AM
rc10b4_racer

thanks for the advice. Ill deff look into that. I knoww alot of people run the evader ext2 brushless on 3s lipo...so i know its doable..i just need to find out if they are upgraded or not. I know with the older evaders people would upgrade it to a b3/t3 tranny for brushless...but this one is new so i have to see if either that tranny still fits or if there is other mods needed instead. However for him going crazy fast isnt an issue..he wants brushless for the fact that its cheaper to maintain and lasts lots longer, more efficient and runs cooler generally...He wants something in the stock speed area so about 3000-3800-ish kv. Ill keep you posted =]
Old 06-18-2011, 01:42 PM
rc10b4_racer

update guys! me and marcos just ordered a lipo charger and a gens ace 2s 5000 mah hard case a piece >=] Lets see how this goes! also ordered a lipo sack for charging
Old 06-18-2011, 07:08 PM
cheech4

I'd suggest he'd go with a castle sct system over a duratraxx , not only is it cheaper , it's better. Hopefully your friends evader has metal gears in the tranny or brushless will not be good for it. Glad your friend is having good luck with his car....
if you look at my signature, you will see that i have a way to upgrade the tranny to handle any kind of brushless. those 2 guys can vouch for me here, i do have a fast brushless system and its running on plastic gears no metal anything. as far as the new evader tranny im not sure if its plastic or not.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:42 PM
rc10b4_racer

yeah the associated stealth trannies are so effeient you dont need metal gears I just hope the ext is similar enought that the onversion works cause you vader has a mamba max system in it and i believe you were running 7 cell and you run lip too...deff wrks a charm! but none the less on youtube i see everyone beasting out their EXT2's so im sure its doable =].

I cant wait for my Gens Ace lipo to come in! The charger can charge lipo and life packs so illill probably get a life pack down the road too for the experience and viarety of voltage
Old 06-18-2011, 08:29 PM
cheech4

next time i go to florida might be a month or few months from today, i will bring my camera down to get speed runs again with the LIPO. I have a speed run already but that was on 6 cell nimh.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:40 PM
rc10b4_racer

=] you plan on getting a 3s? also when do you wanna meet up?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:09 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: rc10b4_racer

=] you plan on getting a 3s? also when do you wanna meet up?
nah that would require to buy more motors and batteries, im fine with the 6900's speed. the hobby doesn't excite me like it used too where i wanted all different types of RC for different uses. The firestorm is perfect for my needs. great basher, great speed demon. like i said before, if i were to get another RC it would be a Mini 4wd like the Mini E Revo.

As far as meeting up, maybe sometime this week.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:02 PM
E-MaXX360

Wutu  New York . Hope everyone had a happy fathers day!!.  Anyone do anything crazy this weekend?  Blew out my spurr in my e-maxx brushless doing 360's.  Hate when that happens. lol
Old 06-19-2011, 06:33 PM
rc10b4_racer

NICE lol happy fathers day to you guys to to any fathers! Well i finally bought a lipo that should be comming in if that counts as crazy planning on ordering goosebump tires as well...my holeshots are just too warn out
Old 06-20-2011, 06:20 PM
marcosrc10b4racer

hey guysjust wanted to say tha the lipo packs and charger i ordered should be here by the end of the week we will let you guys know how evrything goes... i cant wait lol
Old 06-22-2011, 11:26 AM
rc10b4_racer

guys any tips on how i should store my LIPOs?
Old 06-24-2011, 02:54 PM
marcosrc10b4racer

hey cheech any idea when u can come thro? you 2 emaxx360 when do u think u can come down? maybe we can set up a day so we all can meet up 2gether
Old 06-24-2011, 03:15 PM
rc10b4_racer

LiPo package was delayed do to a "train derailment" ...i dont honestly believe that but its delayed =/...So anyways i wanted to buy new tires for the loose dirt i race on, i wanted to go to NYC Hobbies but when i called it said the number was not in service...i got skepticle that they may have closed so i called bruckner hobbies and a store clerk answered the phone and confirmed they had 2.2 inch buggy tires so i headed over to the bronx which was a mission but it was well worth it and honestly not THAT bad. The store wasnt a long walk ana it was a nice hobbyshop =] they carried alot of parts and brushless/lipo. I got myself the tires i wanted which were JConcepts goosebumps and a 15t pinion gear. cant wait to try out the new tires! may need to fix my chassis tuning for the new grip
Old 06-24-2011, 03:29 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: marcosrc10b4racer

hey cheech any idea when u can come thro? you 2 emaxx360 when do u think u can come down? maybe we can set up a day so we all can meet up 2gether
this weekend is shot, got a party to go to 2moro and hanging out with the Wifey Sunday. next week looks better for me, but that all can change very fast.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:13 PM
marcosrc10b4racer

ORIGINAL: marcosrc10b4racer

this weekend is shot, got a party to go to 2moro and hanging out with the Wifey Sunday. next week looks better for me, but that all can change very fast.
oh ok cool just let me know at least a day before so we can all know.... i cant wait!!! its been so long since we last RC'd lol
Old 06-25-2011, 08:18 PM
E-MaXX360

Hey wutsup marcosrc10b4racer, I'm working l this week. Saturday I hve a 4th of july party to go too. Sunday I'm free. Monday is 4th of july. Tuesday I'm going to Great Adventure. But after Tuesday, I took off from work all week so pretty much Next sunday and Wednesday and on I'm free. So July 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th,h nd 10th. So good to be off for the 4th of july week. ll I'm doing is going bashing and fly some helis andmy f-18, That I havent flown yet. Just let me what days your gonna do this. I went bashing all day today with my E-Revo for the first time. Gonna put up some new videos. Niot the best vehicle to go bashing with.. My E-maxx brushless differential was stripped so I couldnt drive it. But I just fixed that tonight so its back in action for tomorrows bashing. So just hit me and let me know. If you want to call me or text me here is my # 631-624-5052)
Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 PM
marcosrc10b4racer

ORIGINAL: E-MaXX360

Hey wutsup marcosrc10b4racer, I'm working l this week. Saturday I hve a 4th of july party to go too. Sunday I'm free. Monday is 4th of july. Tuesday I'm going to Great Adventure. But after Tuesday, I took off from work all week so pretty much Next sunday and Wednesday and on I'm free. So July 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th,h nd 10th. So good to be off for the 4th of july week. ll I'm doing is going bashing and fly some helis andmy f-18, That I havent flown yet. Just let me what days your gonna do this. I went bashing all day today with my E-Revo for the first time. Gonna put up some new videos. Niot the best vehicle to go bashing with.. My E-maxx brushless differential was stripped so I couldnt drive it. But I just fixed that tonight so its back in action for tomorrows bashing. So just hit me and let me know. If you want to call me or text me here is my # 631-624-5052)
thats whats up man ... ima going to pass you a text so you have my number aswell we can set a day soon.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:57 AM
rc10b4_racer

hopefully the LiPo's come soon x[ lets make it happen guys! =]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.