Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

nyc racers thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 12:05 PM
rc10b4_racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nyc racers thread

cant wait to see the new videos either =]
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 AM
JUSTPASSEDU
My Feedback: (20)

Guys come out to kissena park in queens , we bash & race there every weekend usually all day. Any car is welcome. Also there sometimes on the weekdays. You wanna look for the vellodrome when u get there. It's the bike track. I was there yesterday and there were about 15 Hpi bajas , a few revos and slashes , and a bunch of 10th and 8th scale onroad cars. Gas and electric... Come check it out. I went about 4 o clock Sunday afternoon but there's usually people there all day ... Also allot of helis and planes flying around rc of course.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:04 AM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: JUSTPASSEDU

Guys come out to kissena park in queens , we bash & race there every weekend usually all day. Any car is welcome. Also there sometimes on the weekdays. You wanna look for the vellodrome when u get there. It's the bike track. I was there yesterday and there were about 15 Hpi bajas , a few revos and slashes , and a bunch of 10th and 8th scale onroad cars. Gas and electric... Come check it out. I went about 4 o clock Sunday afternoon but there's usually people there all day ... Also allot of helis and planes flying around rc of course.
i used to go to Kissena park with my onroads to mess with when i was actively racing them. the velodrome track is awesome for testing and practice. alot of people do go there. for me its not a problem to go there cuz i drive but im not sure about the other guys here making the trip.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:33 AM
rc10b4_racer

the trip wont be a problem..its fairly easy to get to flushing by train =] and we have bags for the cars. Im gunna wait till i get myself onroad tires first though because i dont want to shred my goosebumps on road
Old 06-27-2011, 02:23 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: rc10b4_racer

the trip wont be a problem..its fairly easy to get to flushing by train =] and we have bags for the cars. Im gunna wait till i get myself onroad tires first though because i dont want to shred my goosebumps on road
its not only onroad there they have many places there to bash the 2wd buggies and stadium trucks. im just saying it has a nice oval track perfect for onroad cars.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:40 PM
JUSTPASSEDU

ORIGINAL: cheech4

its not only onroad there they have many places there to bash the 2wd buggies and stadium trucks. im just saying it has a nice oval track perfect for onroad cars.
It's def. A nice place but it has changed allot. I went yesterday , now not only onroad cars run on the track but off road aswell. There were a ton of Hpi bajas racing , it was like a huge gang of them lol. If your car is allot smaller it's no big deal bc typically they do like 3 laps around and then work on there cars for 30mins and then the track is all yours. But honestly it doesn't matter , it's just a fun place , there are a ton of bashing spots there and people are there everyday so it doesn't matter when you go. I myself am trying to go Saturday's and Sunday's in the afternoon. I just have to finish rebuilding my Mugen Eco buggy and I grabbed some new onroad tires for it. I wanna try them out , also use my off road tires on that track also. Seems like the onroad track has become more of a off road track these days lol. But if you guys can ever make it out it's a nice place to be. And I also noticed they just put a port a potty there lol just incase you gotta use the bathroom. Lots of planes and helis flying around there also.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:41 PM
E-MaXX360

Wutup Cheech. Let me know when you guys do this, And where and what time. Looking foward to meeting you all. so are you guys going to that park or you going to the track that marcos made?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:17 PM
cheech4

not sure yet either is fine with me, the track Marcus made up is alot closer to me though. still need to finish my truck though. just to many things going on.. i cant be playing with trucks when there's no job and no funds coming in being unemployed ya know
Old 06-27-2011, 04:47 PM
JUSTPASSEDU

What kind of track did Marcus make? Is it a backyard track? Any pics
Old 06-27-2011, 05:40 PM
rc10b4_racer

Hey guys. First to answer the question about he track, its really nothing special. Just a small course made from cones. The track does work i just woukdnt want to have such a fast setup on it. today is where we ran into a huge problem tho...the dirt today was almost the consistency of sand. I am assuming its drying up but it almost looks like a new layer of dirt. me and marcos will try to find a way around this asap when we test out the track again.

On another note me and marcos got our LiPo's in! i havent tried mine but marcos did charge his and try it out...all i can say is its a BEAST i cannot believe the difference in power [X(] wheelie madness lol...I really cannot see using 3cell lipo as practical lol (unless ofcourse in 1/8th scale applications)
Old 06-28-2011, 06:42 AM
cheech4

On another note me and marcos got our LiPo's in! i havent tried mine but marcos did charge his and try it out...all i can say is its a BEAST i cannot believe the difference in power [X(] wheelie madness lol...I really cannot see using 3cell lipo as practical lol (unless ofcourse in 1/8th scale applications)
Cool isnt it. love my LIPO.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:48 AM
rc10b4_racer

yeah its deffinatly cool =]. But honestly did NOT expect that much of an increase in power. it honestly felt like going from brushed to brushless al over again I cant wait to charge mine up! might take some video footage aswell. im not going to lie tho i was paranoid on that first charge I mean we only charged at 1C so nothing should just combust. as long as i respect the rules it doesnt seem there should be a reason that they explode (unless i crash really hard) but then again i watch Emaxx's videos and he runs soft LiPo's in a bashing E-maxx and his cells looks like they have taken a fair beating doing flips and jumps and what not. I highly doubt unless i crash into a wall that i will get a had case to explode in a raceing B4 lol
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 AM
JUSTPASSEDU

Iv been running soft case lipos for a few years now and have yet to have a problem , even in huge crashes with my revo and savage flux. Charging higher then 1c should be fine also and you'll get some more punch off the line that way but it seems you don't even need it. What are you running ? What kind of lipos? 2s usually isn't as powerful as a 7.4 volt nimh but you will feel a difference no doubt going from reg 6 cell packs.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 AM
marcosrc10b4racer

Iv been running soft case lipos for a few years now and have yet to have a problem , even in huge crashes with my revo and savage flux. Charging higher then 1c should be fine also and you'll get some more punch off the line that way but it seems you don't even need it. What are you running ? What kind of lipos? 2s usually isn't as powerful as a 7.4 volt nimh but you will feel a difference no doubt going from reg 6 cell packs.
me and my brother where running the b4 with mamba esc & 3200kv tacon motor... the lipo used was the gens ace 5000mah 2s and i think the gearing was 81/24 everything ran cool andit was fast as hell. like my brother said we are mostlikely going to post up a video soon
Old 06-28-2011, 01:29 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: marcosrc10b4racer

me and my brother where running the b4 with mamba esc & 3200kv tacon motor... the lipo used was the gens ace 5000mah 2s and i think the gearing was 81/24 everything ran cool andit was fast as hell. like my brother said we are mostlikely going to post up a video soon
since u been running soft LIPO for a while, i got 2 in florida that swelled on me a little. there not LIPO but LIMN from apogee( supposed to be safer) but i am afraid to charge them now. what can happen if i do charge them? to be honest i would love to save them they weren't cheap and if i lose them i just might sell the truck all together, cuz i don't want and cant right now put anymore money in the hobby.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:22 PM
JUSTPASSEDU

Nice on my b4 I couldn't race it anymore this was like a few years back so I dropped a mamba max and 5700kv castle motor with a 3s maxamps lipo and some aggressive gearing , half way down the street it took off like an airplane. I'll never forget that , this was when I was just starting to get into speed runs and it was all I had at the time.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:25 PM
JUSTPASSEDU

There may be a way to save those , I am more familiar with lipo but it may be similar , it involves opening the pack and discharging the cell and charging separately. I have also heard of people using either nicd mode or nimh mode. But listen do a search bc I am not 100% sure and I don't want you to blow up your pack. I know it's something similar to what I said.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 PM
cheech4

There may be a way to save those , I am more familiar with lipo but it may be similar , it involves opening the pack and discharging the cell and charging separately. I have also heard of people using either nicd mode or nimh mode. But listen do a search bc I am not 100% sure and I don't want you to blow up your pack. I know it's something similar to what I said.
doesn't a balancer do that already? they say never discharge a lipo but if i can, do you think it can be done with a balancer?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:03 PM
marcosrc10b4racer

ORIGINAL: cheech4

Hey cheech y don't u just buy a new gens ace 2s pack for about $34 on hobbypartz.com ??? They are great for the price trust me
doesn't a balancer do that already? they say never discharge a lipo but if i can, do you think it can be done with a balancer?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:05 PM
marcosrc10b4racer

Hey cheech y don't u just buy a new gens ace 2s pack for about $34 on hobbypartz.com ??? They are great for the price trust me
Old 06-28-2011, 06:14 PM
rc10b4_racer

http://www.hobbypartz.com/gensace2s40c.html
Old 06-28-2011, 07:19 PM
JUSTPASSEDU

I am not 100% sure , do a search there is a way of trying to get the life back out of the.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:25 PM
JUSTPASSEDU

I just got the jr 9100hvs servo for my Mugen buggy , the new all metal case high voltage servos. My jr ds8711 was just to powerful for my buggy so I put it fs on here if any of you guys want it local I can go down a few bucks. I'm also selling some brand new 3s lipos and monster truck tires if anyone needs anything.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:39 PM
rc10b4_racer

once you go LiPo.....u never go back
Old 07-03-2011, 07:27 PM
marcosrc10b4racer

Hey cheech just wondering whats the update?? is the firestorm up and running yet? we gotta meet up

oh and emaxx360 sorry i didnt get back 2 u something came up had to go upstate if want maybe next weekend we can meet up if ur free or if not just name the day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.