Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

nyc racers thread

Old 10-03-2006, 05:40 PM
rc10b4_racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nyc racers thread

hey, everyone i live in queens new york and was wondering if anyone else here lives in nyc. some thing i would like to know is what you race and where? my brother and i both own b4 buggies my set up is a 13 turn speed gems with a 20t pinion and a moped v16 8t limit esc
my bros setup is a 14turn qaud mg reedy flash motor dont know his pinion and a futaba 13t limit esc.
i race at a best buy parking lot that is next to woodside queens ny, if you live there tell me because i am probably going to drive there this friday and also like i said befor tell me where you race
Old 10-03-2006, 05:47 PM
bxpitbull

Default RE: nyc racers thread

ORIGINAL: rc10b4_racer

hey, everyone i live in queens new york and was wondering if anyone else here lives in nyc. some thing i would like to know is what you race and where? my brother and i both own b4 buggies my set up is a 13 turn speed gems with a 20t pinion and a moped v16 8t limit esc
my bros setup is a 14turn qaud mg reedy flash motor dont know his pinion and a futaba 13t limit esc.
i race at a best buy parking lot that is next to woodside queens ny, if you live there tell me because i am probably going to drive there this friday and also like i said befor tell me where you race
If you can get to Nagengast, it's in queens on fresh ponds road (the M train), there are some buggy racers that meet there that race somewhere in flushing. If you have access to a vehicle, there is a track in the Bronx on Gun Hill Road. Be advised, all classes there from 1/18 scale to 1/5. Bring your A-game and be ready for a blast of a time.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:51 PM
rc10b4_racer

hey thanx, its good to know theres buggy racers in queens. do you race there? also what days do the racers usually meet and at what time
Old 10-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

I'm from NYC (Manhatten) - no racing here! There's some great on road action and offroad during the summer at South Shore Hobbies (Coram - about exit 50 on the LIE) and there's supposedly some good onroad going on in Brooklyn. I'm more of an offroad guy, so its SSH and LIR (Long Island Raceway - look that up as well) for me.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:12 PM
rc10b4_racer

about how far is ssh or lic racway from queens, whats your ride
Old 10-03-2006, 06:59 PM
QURC
My Feedback: (2)

FYI, SSH is a sandbox not an off road track...lol....LIR is the place for off road racing....This past Season QURC had one of it's best seasons in Cunnighman Park for Monster truck and off road racing. We race indoors @ Willis Raceway (onroad) and @ LIR for Off Road.

btw, anyone running that checkpoint 13t ?

www.queensunitedrc.com for more info

Old 10-03-2006, 08:49 PM
rc10b4_racer

hey all of your info is real helpful
Old 10-03-2006, 08:59 PM
bxpitbull

Coram is exit 64 (I used to live there). Wyandach is exit 50. In any event, to meet with the guys at Nagengast, get there early Saturday morning. They usually meet there when the store opens, stock up on parts, get tuned and take the train. Most of those cats dont drive. But like I said, if you want to get some serious burn in a spot that isnt a sandbox, Gun Hill Road in the Bronx. Fellas from all five boroughs and a few from Jersey. And the good thing, Bruckner Hobbies, Fordham hobbies and a new hobby store that I dont even know the name of yet, are all within a short drive. Plenty of tech support on hand and if you have an on-road car that you just want to run str8line racing, we do that as well.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Elmo6s

What train do you take from NYC to Wyandach?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:56 PM
cheech4

hey all whats up, i see there a nyc thread now, this is good. hey qurc i see your here to i joined your other forum a few weeks ago. rc10b4_racer you emailed before about where i bash, im the guy with the brushless evader that goes to astoria park alot. Is the best buy across the street to the home depot???
Old 10-04-2006, 06:03 AM
rc10b4_racer

corect it is right acrross from hom depot. i hope to see you at astoria park oneday cause i would realy love to see if the evader is better than people say of it,which i hope. also i will be at best buy parking lot on friday around 4:00pm--5:00pm
Old 10-04-2006, 09:43 AM
bxpitbull

ORIGINAL: Elmo6s

Take the LIRR to Babylon and switch for the train to Wyandach. But, seeing that you are in NYC, it would be quicker for you to come up to Gun Hill Road. Don't worry, there are white guys up there getting burn. The locals won't take your truck..just kidding. Come on up and have some fun, some serious racers up there getting it on.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:19 PM
QURC

ORIGINAL: bxpitbull

Take the LIRR to Babylon and switch for the train to Wyandach. But, seeing that you are in NYC, it would be quicker for you to come up to Gun Hill Road. Don't worry, there are white guys up there getting burn. The locals won't take your truck..just kidding. Come on up and have some fun, some serious racers up there getting it on.

What is up with the "white guys" comment ? I thought R/C was color blind ? lol....
Old 10-04-2006, 03:44 PM
rc10b4_racer

i guess its just that you dont often see blacks and hispanic racer but im not sayin that there isnt because im hispanic myself
Old 10-04-2006, 04:08 PM
QURC

ORIGINAL: rc10b4_racer

i guess its just that you dont often see blacks and hispanic racer but im not sayin that there isnt because im hispanic myself
Actually, that is a good point and the Mfgs and other sponsors of drivers should take note about the lack of diversity except for the one factory driver I know of (American Driver). At Cunningham we actually have the best and diverse crowd with all having different talents. Interesting topic though, RC10b4 ! - btw, one of the guys just finished his B4 and the rest of us have MF2s let me know when you plan to go to LIR, would be fun to meet up and race.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:13 PM
rc10b4_racer

it would be fun, i'll make sure to tell you when i go down to LIR. is that dudes B4 fast because mine has a 13t and want to make sure im not to behind in the compotition lol. my guess is im around 32mph at the moment and my bro around 34mph,cant wait to test out my new moped V16 esc on a race track, it preformed well at the parkinglot and i see no sighns of heating up
Old 10-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Elmo6s

I may have to bring my TC4 with the 7700 System and 2s Lipo for some street racing
Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 PM
QURC

Im running a 13t Checkpoint and that seems to be around the wind they are using there....What gearing do use on the street ? (pinion/spur)
Old 10-04-2006, 06:24 PM
bxpitbull

ORIGINAL: QURC

ORIGINAL: bxpitbull

What is up with the "white guys" comment ? I thought R/C was color blind ? lol....
R/C is color blind. Me, I could care less about race. But, that being said, I would hate for somebody to come to the Bronx and be somewhat culture shocked. No one up there gives a crap but I wouldnt want anyone to feel out of place either.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:26 PM
bxpitbull

I may have to bring my TC4 with the 7700 System and 2s Lipo for some street racing
Elmo bring it! I am looking forward to duffing out some of those nitro clowns with my GTB/4.5 Li-Po powered Hara Pro 4. Electrics shutting them down! That will be sweet. Look for the guy with Cherry Red Acura NSX body, Savage on roids and talking mucho crappola! That'll be me.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Elmo6s

Sounds good! Im going to try and make it out there soon!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:33 PM
rc10b4_racer

ima go wit yous to see the nitro chumps fall LMAO!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:40 PM
bxpitbull

When you get uptown, get off at Gun Hill Road. When you get downstairs (escalator), when you get to the booth, make a right. Walk down the hill. There will be an exxon mobil gas station on both sides of the street (go figure). When you get past the gas station, there will be a winding hill. Follow that down and listen for the engines and the crowd. Yes, it's like that!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:40 PM
QURC

Bx, is it true that the Pro 4 is being discontinued ? I run touring car indoor and NO ONE runs them ! Everyone got rid of them when HPI stopped the HPI challenge .....
Old 10-04-2006, 06:48 PM
rc10b4_racer

soon we'll be tellin people to listen to the brushless motors and for the people booin the 1 or 2 nitro fools who stand in our way.LOL!!!
if you run nitro dont get ofended by what i said becuase i dont totally hate nitros its just that i dont think people give electrics the respect they truly deserve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.