Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-Maxx Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:10 PM
carlbellybutton10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-Maxx Thread

ORIGINAL: NoShelfQueen

Ok here is what I would like to do. Let me know how it sounds...

Stock E-maxx With...

7xl

MM/MMM esc (don't know)

That's all I would have the money for. [&o]
if you run the MM you have to wire in an external BEC and fan so nothing overheats. if you get the MMM (like me) it has builf in BEC and fan so you all hooked up for like an extra $20
Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM
carlbellybutton10

oh wait your you are missing something...........................batteries
Old 06-20-2008, 08:11 AM
AVIV123

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS 2 BATT 7.2V AND 8.4V BATT
WILL IT BE GOOD FOR THE EMAXX???
WILL THE BATT WILL GET HOT ???
I NOW THAT THE 7 CELL WILL NOT FIT THE E-MAXX BAT I WILL PUT IT IN A WAY THAT IT WILL FIT THE E-AMXX
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12247.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	974666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65608.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	974667  
Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Lilredmachine

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Just a quck note here.
I have run Feigo Motors in Boats and in my E-Savage. They have never run hot on me and they have been very reliable. I love them.

I run a 380XL in my E-maxx, it runs hot as hell but has never crapped out. However it is true that they have a higher failure rate than other motors, but at the price they are you'd expect that.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:54 AM
carlbellybutton10

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

Just a quck note here.
I have run Feigo Motors in Boats and in my E-Savage. They have never run hot on me and they have been very reliable. I love them.

I run a 380XL in my E-maxx, it runs hot as hell but has never crapped out. However it is true that they have a higher failure rate than other motors, but at the price they are you'd expect that.
why do you say at the price. they seem pretty cheap for brushless
Old 06-20-2008, 12:01 PM
carlbellybutton10

Hey NoShelfQueen.............. i got links!!!!

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUTA3&P=7]MAMBA MAX[/link]

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSWL3&P=7]CASTLE BEC[/link] it says up to 6s lipo

[link=http://www.superfastrc.com/feigao-5408407xl-.html?gclid=CJb6oai3_5MCFQ0MIgod8BllXA]FEIGAO 7XL[/link]

to bad tower doesn't carry feigao motors or else this would be a one stop shop i am just going to use the mamba max with external BEC instead of mamba monster because i cant wait for the monster to come out since i just burned up one of my stock brushed motors [&o] and i need it all running in the next week and a half or so

EDIT: if you can follow this pic it is how you are supposed to wire in the external BEC. my A.D.D. just kicked in so i will have to look at it later
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96632.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	974729  
Old 06-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Lilredmachine

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

Just a quck note here.

They are cheap, that's why you'd expect them to be not as good/fail compared to more expensive motors. Main problem is they're a 2 pole motor, Medusas, Neus etc, run a 4 pole setup.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:06 PM
carlbellybutton10

Just a quck note here.

They are cheap, that's why you'd expect them to be not as good/fail compared to more expensive motors. Main problem is they're a 2 pole motor, Medusas, Neus etc, run a 4 pole setup.
oh so you are saying that the Madusas and Neus and all the others have lower failure rate than the feigaos?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:05 PM
AVIV123

LOOK AT THIS LIPO VERY VERY STRANG PRICE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
Old 06-20-2008, 03:10 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That battery wouldn't last very long.......................... You want atleast 20C
Old 06-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Hey NoShelfQueen.............. i got links!!!!

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUTA3&P=7]MAMBA MAX[/link]

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSWL3&P=7]CASTLE BEC[/link] it says up to 6s lipo

[link=http://www.superfastrc.com/feigao-5408407xl-.html?gclid=CJb6oai3_5MCFQ0MIgod8BllXA]FEIGAO 7XL[/link]

to bad tower doesn't carry feigao motors or else this would be a one stop shop i am just going to use the mamba max with external BEC instead of mamba monster because i cant wait for the monster to come out since i just burned up one of my stock brushed motors [&o] and i need it all running in the next week and a half or so

EDIT: if you can follow this pic it is how you are supposed to wire in the external BEC. my A.D.D. just kicked in so i will have to look at it later
They don't carry Losi either. I am sure there is other stuff they don't carry as well.
At least they just started carrying CEN.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:27 AM
Lilredmachine

Just a quck note here.

oh so you are saying that the Madusas and Neus and all the others have lower failure rate than the feigaos?
Yes, but you will pay for the privilege of owning a Neu/Lehner, to a lesser extent the Medusa.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:49 AM
AVIV123

TODAY I SEE THIS

http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...ories_evx2.htm

Rated Current–FWD/REV: 180 amps / 180 amps
Braking Current: 360 amps
Continuous Current
(@100°F amb.): 30 Amps

THERE IS NO NORML BATT THAT CAN HOLD THIS AMP
Old 06-21-2008, 07:44 AM
lostkause

i just bought an e maxx should be getting it in about 3 weeks i hav read about every post in here an concluded for a stock e maxx 3600 batts are best rpm suspension seems to work well what other minor upgrades are recomended
Old 06-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: lostkause

i just bought an e maxx should be getting it in about 3 weeks i hav read about every post in here an concluded for a stock e maxx 3600 batts are best rpm suspension seems to work well what other minor upgrades are recomended
3600mah batteries are best if you don't want to deal with lipo. I just made the jump to two 4800mah lipo's. I am going to test them today.
Another minor upgrade would be a set of CVD's. And maybe a set of wheels and tires. But a good set of wheels and tires are going to set you back about $100.00. If you do go for a set of wheels, it would be a good idea to get a set that has a 1/2" offset so it will give you a wider foot print that will help cut down on flipping the truck in corners.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:06 AM
lostkause

what are cvd,s and where can i order the battery packs i am currently in iraq so shipping sucks and takes forever so i would like to order the stuff soon
its an old e maxx by the way
Old 06-21-2008, 08:29 AM
lostkause

i know you guys get tired of us newbies but i really appreciate the help and advice you seem to know what your talking about i will put up some pics when i get it
Old 06-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Wheelnut

We only get tired of it when a newb is asking a question in a thread where that question has already been asked and answered. Please read this thread, it's only 23 pages. I have read threads that were over 100pages before I asked questions.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:01 AM
lostkause

i thought i read most of it but my internet is extreemly slow i might have missed a few pages sorry thanks for the advice let me know how the lipo works
Old 06-21-2008, 09:44 AM
AVIV123

HI
IS THERE ANYBODY THAT WANT TO SELL THE STOCK ESC
THANK YOU
AVIV
Old 06-21-2008, 02:35 PM
rmesa4321

has any one had any good results using a mamba max esc, a single feigao or vxl motor and a 3s lipo on an emaxx. it seems that alot of people use the feigao motors for bigger trucks but i dont know if these components are sufficient for an emaxx. I know i could get a MMM and neu motor but i dont feel like spending that much so if a mm esc and feigao or vxl motor would work then that would be great.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: AVIV123

HI
IS THERE ANYBODY THAT WANT TO SELL THE STOCK ESC
THANK YOU
AVIV
You have a pm, but shipping to you won't be cheap.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:53 AM
rmesa4321

does any one know if the 14.4v emaxx's transmission has metal internal gears? Also what elso do i have to do to make it brushless ready?
Old 06-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: rmesa4321

does any one know if the 14.4v emaxx's transmission has metal internal gears? Also what elso do i have to do to make it brushless ready?
I would guess not. Drop a new tranny in there, from the 16.8 maxx.

I still want a Maxx, but I am so attached to my Stampede. Will have to see how the wallet is doing in a little while.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:43 PM
lostkause

i just ordered a bunc of rpm stuff for my e maxx and some elite 7 cell 4000 i am yet to order the rpm bulkheads but they will be next along with some cvd's and new wheels all of this and i dont even have it yet it is in the mail though it takes about 3 weeks to get stuff over here so i am prepairing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.