Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-Maxx Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:46 PM
carlbellybutton10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-Maxx Thread

they just went out 2 days ago. i didnt even think about my LHS carrying titans
Old 06-23-2008, 10:55 PM
R/C fan-addict

dude titans are junk, why would you ever buy them! lol Can't say I've tried the kershaws, but I have the s-600 motors in my emaxx and they work really well. They're cheaper than the titan replacements too. Tower sent me a special offer a few days ago: L31089 is the stock number for a $3 cheaper s-600. Same motor just discounter : )
Old 06-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Always Dreamin

Is the E-maxx that fun to drive? Like funer then other cars?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

dude titans are junk, why would you ever buy them! lol Can't say I've tried the kershaws, but I have the s-600 motors in my emaxx and they work really well. They're cheaper than the titan replacements too. Tower sent me a special offer a few days ago: L31089 is the stock number for a $3 cheaper s-600. Same motor just discounter : )
If you would have been reading along you would have realized that he is looking for a QUICK replacement so he can take his truck with him on vacation. It is possible that he may not get something that has to be shipped on time and I was just saying to pick up what his local hobby shop carries. Which is more than likely a pair of Titans
Old 06-24-2008, 07:37 AM
syncronized77

Are you runnning 6 cells or 7? I've heard that the S600's can burn up pretty easily on 7 cells. Did you gear down?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

A RC monster truck is very different than a RC Car. You can't really say that one is more fun to drive than the other. Sure some people will say that a RC Car is more fun and some others will say that a RC Monster Truck is more fun. But I don't think that is what you really meant to ask.
Even comparing one truck to another, it's just a matter of opinion that one may be funner than the other. As for durability, speed and quality, that is another subject which has been done to death in about 50 threads on RCU.

As for my opinion, My son and I love our E-Maxx's and would not trade them for any other RTR Electric Monster truck on the market. We definitely would not trade them for ANY Nitro truck. I would however trade it for a Brushless LST2 that has a XL Brushless motor.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:22 AM
carlbellybutton10

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

A RC monster truck is very different than a RC Car. You can't really say that one is more fun to drive than the other. Sure some people will say that a RC Car is more fun and some others will say that a RC Monster Truck is more fun. But I don't think that is what you really meant to ask.
Even comparing one truck to another, it's just a matter of opinion that one may be funner than the other. As for durability, speed and quality, that is another subject which has been done to death in about 50 threads on RCU.

As for my opinion, My son and I love our E-Maxx's and would not trade them for any other RTR Electric Monster truck on the market. We definitely would not trade them for ANY Nitro truck. I would however trade it for a Brushless LST2 that has a XL Brushless motor.
this is all true it all depends on what you think is "fun". you know? i might think beating the hell out of my truck is fun and other might thinks its stupid and would prefer to race.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

this is all true it all depends on what you think is "fun". you know? i might think beating the hell out of my truck is fun and other might thinks its stupid and would prefer to race.
I'm in a different category. I like to sport run my stuff. I don't like to beat them up and I Don't like to race anymore. I like to go out and see how much fun I can have without breaking something
Old 06-24-2008, 03:06 PM
carlbellybutton10

I'm in a different category. I like to sport run my stuff. I don't like to beat them up and I Don't like to race anymore. I like to go out and see how much fun I can have without breaking something
perfect example i like to beat the piss out of my trucks to the point where people call the RC control (get it?) on me and then build it back up to where i can do what i just and even more and wheelnut likes to run his stiff and have fun
Old 06-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Always Dreamin

i started a thread.. stampede vs e-maxx. for those of you guys that really love your new maxx's, please post.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:34 PM
carlbellybutton10

i started a thread.. stampede vs e-maxx. for those of you guys that really love your new maxx's, please post.
whats there to compare? jk i have never drivin a stampede so i guess i cant really say anything bad about it yet
Old 06-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Always Dreamin

whats there to compare? jk i have never drivin a stampede so i guess i cant really say anything bad about it yet
you can comment about durability, though.. think like 10 ft jumps.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:40 PM
carlbellybutton10

tall or long? i let my uncle drive my emaxx while i went to get a drink the other day and he said he jumped it like 10ft high and 30ft long. i dont really beleive him because i am 6'5" and with the ramp he used i can barely jump myself staanding
Old 06-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Always Dreamin

tall or long? i let my uncle drive my emaxx while i went to get a drink the other day and he said he jumped it like 10ft high and 30ft long. i dont really beleive him because i am 6'5" and with the ramp he used i can barely jump myself staanding
tall. i really don't bash my pede that hard. but i want to know that this car will be able to take some abuse. i jump maybe 6 ft high, sometimes 10. i want to know that this truck will be more durable then my stampede. especially since it's expensive to fix and very heavy.

post in the thread.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:02 PM
carlbellybutton10

oh you are stuck between buying an emaxx or keeping your stampede! i was so confused i was like why do you want to know the differences.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:46 PM
andrewtexas123

I dont remamber starting this thread!!![&:][:@][X(]

Not to happy you guys are enjoying yourself with out me[:@] I currently dont own an e-maxx but I do have future plans for a t-maxx conversion which will have loads of gooooodies! and will be a great project! Will keep you guys posted a little bit over here when the project begans

Link to thread:
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7650548/anchors_7656661/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#7656661]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7650548/anchors_7656661/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#7656661[/link]

Thanks
Andrew
Old 06-24-2008, 06:44 PM
carlbellybutton10

ORIGINAL: andrewtexas123

I dont remamber starting this thread!!![&:][:@][X(]

Not to happy you guys are enjoying yourself with out me[:@] I currently dont own an e-maxx but I do have future plans for a t-maxx conversion which will have loads of gooooodies! and will be a great project! Will keep you guys posted a little bit over here when the project begans

Link to thread:
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7650548/anchors_7656661/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#7656661]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7650548/anchors_7656661/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#7656661[/link]

Thanks
Andrew
oh so you start an awesom thread then leave us?!?! jk i have been reading that thread you started about your MONSTER truck adn it sounds awesome!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:52 PM
andrewtexas123

Thanks!

You guys are making me miss my emaxx which had full RPM arms, upgraded drivetrain, hv maxx, 7 cell nihm's... Few extra upgrades as well!

Andrew
Old 06-24-2008, 06:53 PM
carlbellybutton10

why did you sell it?
Old 06-24-2008, 06:59 PM
andrewtexas123

Had airplanes on my mind at that time... Plus not having a good place to run your trucks and cars make them no fun after i build them!!!

Andrew
Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
carlbellybutton10

i was just thinking, what should i upgrade in my drive line as soon as i go brushless? so far everything is from a 3.3 tmaxx i know i want CVD's soon then maybe fully metal trans? after all this i will start to make it look good
Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Wheelnut

perfect example i like to beat the piss out of my trucks to the point where people call the RC control (get it?) on me and then build it back up to where i can do what i just and even more and wheelnut likes to run his stiff and have fun
Thanks, now I know not to buy any of your used stuff lol
Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Always Dreamin

post in my thread if you love your 3905!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:01 AM
andrewtexas123

Couple pictures of my old maxx:

Before the RPM a-arms..

Andrew
Old 06-25-2008, 11:20 AM
carlbellybutton10

thats a cute little wing just playin thats actually nice!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.