Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-Maxx Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM
flmrustler25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-Maxx Thread

hey, I am planning on getting the monster max 2200kv setup when it comes out for my 3905 and was wondering if anyone know of some good, fairly cheap lipo batteries with a good enough discharge to run that setup, discharge is what I am worried about and I really dont want to spend a fortune on maxamps batteries
Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 PM
fusebmx13

[link]http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/25127[/link]
mah is a little low though, let me find some more.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:03 PM
mycarisaser

Cheak out www.cheapbatterypacks.com . There elite batteries are really good for the money and the price for there 35c 5000mah lipos is unbelivable. I will be getting a set when they come back in stock. I had 4 of there 2s 4800mah 25c ones and they performed very well in my brushless emaxx.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Bgdustin4

want to know befor i spend like 400$ lol will the Elite 4s 5300mah Cell 30C from cheapbatterypacks.com work whell with http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...ems/index.html any will i need 2 of them packs or 1 ? please let me know something this will be my first lipo battery and don't want to blow my new brushless system up thanks in advance
Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 PM
BigBrett

Here are some pics of my Emaxx at this past weekends Pumpkin Smash at Diggers Dungeon aka "Grave Digger" With Dennis Anderson.
We had a total of Five real monster truck drivers .
It was a great time all in all. If you ever want to rub elbows and just hang out these are the events that you have to make !!
Next Big one is memorial day weekend .
check out nolimitrc.com and nolimitrcofvirginia.com .
Oh I got 1st in pulling with the emaxx. Running the new Novak 7.5 brushless.
take care
Oh and the last couple are my son's Esavage .with Dennis signing it .
BigBrett

Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM
mycarisaser

brett I live 2 mins up the street from diggers dungon. Let me know the next time you up ! Thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: flmrustler25

hey, I am planning on getting the monster max 2200kv setup when it comes out for my 3905 and was wondering if anyone know of some good, fairly cheap lipo batteries with a good enough discharge to run that setup, discharge is what I am worried about and I really dont want to spend a fortune on maxamps batteries
Protek is a great brand. I have their 2s, amazing packs. But not that cheap. If you want cheap packs, check Hobbycity.com. It is located in China, and although it may be a turn off for some people, where else can you get a quality 4800mah 25c 3s pack for $60? Which by the way would be something else in that Bl E-maxx.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:53 PM
BigBrett

Dude we where just there this past weekend for the Pumpkin Smash.
We are going to have our last race for the year at RC Pro Racing up in Gloucester. Going to be some real cool prizes handed out !! You need to make it !!
We may have some races at the Dungeon after the first of the year not sure yet I am not the promoter for no Limit rc of va anymore .
Old 11-07-2008, 10:12 PM
mycarisaser

brett , pm me with some details. I would love to go!!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 PM
BigBrett

Check out nolimitrcofvirginia.com to get some more details .
Hope you can make it .
Old 11-13-2008, 03:12 PM
coryjones

Where is it? Do they have a web site? Dennis Anderson is my favorite driver and i just bought a e maxx and found a grave digger body so i am buying it. I also like Tom Meents i love there driving pretty much how i drive my real mud truck balls to the walls.

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

brett I live 2 mins up the street from diggers dungon. Let me know the next time you up ! Thanks
Old 11-13-2008, 03:15 PM
coryjones

What is the best first mod to make to my e maxx? I here talk about shock towers and bulk heads what is the best to buy for the money? I am buying a grave digger body so i asume i will have to make the back ones taller? I want to do skid plates before i tear it up too. Is there a kit that has it all?
Old 11-13-2008, 03:46 PM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: coryjones

Where is it? Do they have a web site? Dennis Anderson is my favorite driver and i just bought a e maxx and found a grave digger body so i am buying it. I also like Tom Meents i love there driving pretty much how i drive my real mud truck balls to the walls.

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

Diggers Dungon is in Currituck County, North Carolina (its in the town of Poplar Branch) .Lower Currituck is a small island on the coast of NC about 30 mins south of Virgina. HPI racing is a sponcer to the gravedigger events so there is usually info there and it looks like no limit rc of VA is a sponcer too. Dennis Anderson has become a big parts of the community in the past few years. He has done alot ( from the rc stuff, mud bogs, community fair and so on)
http://www.gravedigger.com/

Here are some pics of an event there last year that I attended, It was a big turn out of rc folks (found out that alot of the people that I know liked rc and I didnt even know it)

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger%20dungon/

Old 11-13-2008, 05:20 PM
coryjones

Thats cool i will check it out. I have another question i am getting my e maxx soon it has been shipped what are good batteries to run in it? I have old school chargers but i seen they have a deal you can put on it to charge newer battires until i can upgrade the charger. I got about a $100 to spend right now i have 3 1500 mah dynamics and a 2400mah i think.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:28 PM
mycarisaser

Your e-maxx will run like crap with those batteries and (very) possable that your e-maxx will blow them up.

Here are some decent batteries (I highly recommend a good set)
http://promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=4

A crap ebay set of 4600 will ony push a emaxx about 26mph tops and bearly wheely but a good set will push it to 32mph and wheely the whole way
Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 PM
BigBrett

Cory check out cheapbatteries.com they have sets that are made for the emaxx and you can get a real good set for under $100
secondly leave your stock skids they are better than metal they flex!! The first thing that I can see you haveing to replace is one of maybe two or three things is
1st your bulkheads , if your hardcore then go with a good set of alum bulks if not and you can handle working on it every now and then get a set of rpm bulks .
2nd is your upper and lower arms get a set of rpm arms they are really good .
3rd is shocks and shock towers and body post all in one . one to many uppside down hit on the hard pavement and these dont last very long !!
Good luck
Brett "BigBrett"
Oh as to websites
check out these
www.nolimitrc.com
www.nolimitrcofvirginia.com
www.nolimitrcfl.com
Old 11-13-2008, 06:32 PM
mycarisaser

I would love to enter into the races but they only allow up to a 3 cell lipo??(what the heck, I dont know of any mt brushless set up that runs on a 3s lipo) but they allow up to 14nimh=16.8volts but only allow a 11.1volt 3s lipo. A 4s lipo is only out 16.8max volts where a good set of 14cell nimh is putting out 20 volts max both leveling around 14.8??? So what gives. This stinks

EDIT: BigBrett thanks for the links
Old 11-13-2008, 09:30 PM
BigBrett

I dont think anyone is checking lipo size! When I was the promoter last year we never checked to see what size motor or lipo battery size you were running.
Even at the World finals memorial day weekend I have never seen a truck get checked for that .
at registration we check radios so they can see them in person to make sure of no issues. I say runn what you got .

Oh thouse pics that you had was from Rc monster motorsports which Dennis had it out with!!
Alot of the guys who where with them broke away from them and started No Limit R/C with Ryan Anderson.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:32 PM
coryjones

I assume this would be the best choice out of what the offer for the e maxx? 7C/ELITE4000SC/Flat/12AWG Wire*UPGRADE*With TRXFEM http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/mai...rer=4&type=car
Old 11-13-2008, 09:44 PM
BigBrett

I would go with the 5000 or 4000 set up they usally have a dual batt pack special but I couldnt find it . Also if you can go to SMC batterys tell brian that BigBrett sent you from No Limit Of Va . He can take real good care of you . they have some awsome batterys!!!!!
http://www.smc-racing.com/
check these guys out I have been running there batteries for about 6months and they are awsome !!!!!!
Take care
BigBrett
Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 PM
coryjones

Those look nice but i only have $100 to spend on a set right now.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:10 AM
coryjones

Ok this is probable a dumb question but i have been out of this for a long time.I have a blackfoot that i have been runing dynamic 1500mah pacs on. I just got to thinking are they 6 cell right? I was going to buy some decent 7 cell batteries for the e maxx and upgrade to lipo down the road and use the 7 cells in the black foot but if they are bigger then i guess that plain is out of the question? If this is the case i guess i will be buying a lipo charger charger and pacs down the road and using the dyamic 1500mah bateries and keeping a eye on them as to not burn up. I guess i should have done a little more research on this lol. If this is the case what is a good charger that will charge both kinds of pacs? i don't need any super fancy charger just something that does the job. What radio is everyone using?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:25 AM
trf

a friend of mine wanna install into his 1'st generation e-maxx, a brushless systems VXL (escuse me for not searching all the thread, but I want some quick answers, because I'm in hurry with the order...it's a christmas present for him, so he didn't know about it...)...are this a good systems?...or should I go in other direction?

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:28 AM
BigBrett

TRF I pm'd you back .
I would stay away from the VXl systems theyare not powerful enough to push the truck by it self . you would have to get two of them for it to work pretty good .
If it is up to me get a mamba max monster or get a novak 4.5 , 6.5 or the 7.5 which is what I am running .
I also have a 6.5 in the box that is going back to novak for repairs and upgrade due to its a older system and the thing fried .
know this about the vxl systems you can only run up to 8 cells if im correct on only system or a 3s lipo . so after that mony you spend to build it you could save money and get a novak or a mamba.
just my thoughts on it .
take care
BigBrett
Old 11-14-2008, 04:05 AM
trf

so what is your advice...a novak system (I know it's not allowed to link, but if you can send me on PM wich one you prefer out of 3, he want some good punch, and good speed...but not for race, just parking lot bash), or a MMM with wich motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.