Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Duratrax evader st fastest motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 03:39 PM
chh_polaris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax evader st fastest motor

Hey can anyone help me? What is the fastest motor to put in the evader st. Right now it is stock. I know the esc says it only hadles down to a 20 turn motor. Is this correct? Will the trinity P2K Pro work and how much faster will it go?

Thx. Charlie
Old 10-31-2006, 03:45 PM
raz54

Default RE: Duratrax evader st fastest motor

Yes 20 turn is the lowest you should go with that esc. Any good 21 to 27 turn motor will be a big improvement over the stock motor. Also if you are just bashing get some good 7 cell batteries, that extra cell is great.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:49 PM
chh_polaris

thanks, How does the 7 cell fit in there do i need a different battery strap or something?
Old 10-31-2006, 05:34 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Id go for a reedy quad mag 19t!, yeah its a 20T esc! but it can handle a 19t but thats it, Not a turn lower!, that was my first hop-up motor and it skooted in my evader st!, more torque more speed it was awesome!, really fast![X(] almost everybody that i no of has ran a 19t motor on there sprint esc, its a good stock esc!, it takes a beating!, it handled my 19t no problems!, no nuthing didnt over heat not one time! id go for that motor!,

My 7 cells look like this!, its a Side by Side 6 cell with one cell on the top off to the side, i belive this is called a E-maxx styled pack!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:35 PM
skidooguymxz550

ORIGINAL: Neosphere

Id go for a reedy quad mag 19t!, yeah its a 20T esc! but it can handle a 19t but thats it, Not a turn lower!, that was my first hop-up motor and it skooted in my evader st!, more torque more speed it was awesome!, really fast![X(] almost everybody that i no of has ran a 19t motor on there sprint esc, its a good stock esc!, it takes a beating!, it handled my 19t no problems!, no nuthing didnt over heat not one time! id go for that motor!,
ditto on the 19t part
Old 10-31-2006, 06:39 PM
raz54

To use a 7 cell just take out the foam block and it will slide right in (7 cell stick). You can run a 19t motor but it will void your warranty so it's at your own risk. To be on the safe side I would stick with a 21x2 motor (IMHO).
Old 10-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Raz54?, have you done that 7 cell idea!,i no it wont work for me, you would have to trim the chassis, because my stick packs wont fit under if i take the foam block off, and my side by sides wont either if i take the foam block out, thats why i went with the e-maxx style!, because i couldnt fit it under that part on the chassis it would need triming![X(]
Old 10-31-2006, 07:08 PM
JMHZ2401

On DuraTrax site it says the St (non pre) ESC was good for a 18t motor.
I have a Epic X motor (27T), it is much faster than the stock motor, and that is what I will be racing. A very good motor, good price as well. Also a Roar motor.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:15 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: Neosphere

Raz54?, have you done that 7 cell idea!,i no it wont work for me, you would have to trim the chassis, because my stick packs wont fit under if i take the foam block off, and my side by sides wont either if i take the foam block out, thats why i went with the e-maxx style!, because i couldnt fit it under that part on the chassis it would need triming![X(]

Yep, you're right. You do have to dremel out the battery strap guides then they slide right in. Without the guides you would need a velcro strap to hold the battery in. Sorry about that.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:24 AM
chh_polaris

Hey , thanks for the info. I'm kinda new to this and it is my son's truck (5 years old) I run nitro. is the turn of the motor how fast they go? the lower the turn the more torque? and the higher the turn the more speed?. He likes to run my Revo but i don't like it when he does cause its to fast for him. I'm going to the hobby store this weekend and i'll for sure pick up a couple of 7 cell battery's.

Thx Charlie
Old 11-01-2006, 12:49 PM
JMHZ2401

ORIGINAL: chh_polaris

Hey , thanks for the info. I'm kinda new to this and it is my son's truck (5 years old) I run nitro. is the turn of the motor how fast they go? the lower the turn the more torque? and the higher the turn the more speed?. He likes to run my Revo but i don't like it when he does cause its to fast for him. I'm going to the hobby store this weekend and i'll for sure pick up a couple of 7 cell battery's.

Thx Charlie
Low the turn usually means a faster motor ( example 19t faster than a 20t), but not always the case. Again my 27t is much faster then my stock 20t.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

99% percent of the time!, its the lower the turn the more RPMs it will have, and the more watts it will put out, and the Higher then turn the more torque it will have ( the higher the turn, it will have less rpms and more torque the the lower the turn! the more rpms less torque it will have, jus the stock evader st motor it totlay crap thats why a 27T stock can beat the stock 20t photon motor!,[X(]
Old 11-01-2006, 07:12 PM
dashwarts

You can probably cram a 12T equivalent in there, because the pro version (I think it uses the same transmission,the main difference besides the electronics is a graphite suspension and chasis) comes with a 12T limit ESC, and includes a 15X2 motor. I'm going to throw in a 7.5T Novak Brushless motor and see if that eats spurs. If it doesn't, the only durability flaw is the steering system. Put a MG servo in there, and it's ready for anything.

P.S. for 7 cell sticks, you might need to force the battery to the point you put 2 holes in the shrinkwrap, but the battery will be OK. How else could I cram my no-longer-used Piranha 7 cell in there? I use Orion Super Duty 6-cell 3000's in mine now...
Old 11-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

if its the pro version yeah he can drop a 12 turn motor into it, but if its the stock streak esc it can only do 20t's some one says 18 turns but i think thats the auto sport esc!, not the streak esc witch has a limit of 20 turns but i would run a 19T motor on 6 cells on it, and it would fly!, if you have a pro, witch he didnt say he did or not, so i assumed he didnt, id drop a Reedy KR 12 turn motor in there!, Cause that would be stupid fast!, on 6 or 7 cells!, but would also require maintainance[] if your going to run any brushed motor!, run a REEDY!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:17 PM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

it all depends on what you want to spend really .. currently i have my evader with a team orion 15t double pro formula BB and a novak XRS and im clockin it between 38-41mph
on the stock gearing i plan on swapping up to a 17t same motor and goin the evader bx gearing that should increase my speed pretty well too i run on a 6cell 3300gp pack so for around 90$ you can go my route lol 38 and change for the motor around 50 for the speed control .. FYI i took the stock vader stuff and put it in a touring car that goes 28mph ... so its not a bad stock setup but i hear that DTX is gonna contend with traxxas and the xl-5 stuff next year so we may soon see stock vaders runnin in the 30mph range
Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

ok man!, a 15t isnt gonna get 38-41mph, it wont!, how are you gettin your speed? gps? radar? whats your proof??, Casue 38-41mph for a 15t is way way high!, novak ss5800's are getting that!, and there brushless and they'll smoke a 15t, sorry man for the rant but thats crazy fast for a 15t (and that 15t isnt that great of a motor), so if you have any proof of your 38-41mph please show us!, but thats kool to hear the evader is gonna get even better! with a 15t your in the 31-33mph Max![X(]
Old 11-01-2006, 08:43 PM
turbotb0205

umm i have a radar gun
lol

oh edit here .. yes it is calibrated lol i live 2 blocks from the local PD and i happen to know all the guys
they come out when im in the park runnin my trucks and every couple weeks one will bring the gun out
and ill check it against mine.. im only ever off by .1
Old 11-01-2006, 08:45 PM
turbotb0205

next time i go out and radar it ill have someone stand behind the person clockin it and snap the shot as it passes by lol i have no reason to lie at all im not in this for the "i wanna be cool factor" i was simply givin the fellow an other option
Old 11-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Do you have picutes? any proof? words cant do it here man!, cause i dont like to hear people saying claims without it being tru (not saying your lying), so any pics or anything? video? cause a 15t in an evader wont go that fast!, i had a 14X3 P-94 (much better motor) and it was only getting 34mph, and it was geared 19/88[X(]

Yeah man next time you go out get a pic of your radar, kool man thanks! Hopes that didnt come off mean or anything cause it wasnt ment like that!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:50 PM
turbotb0205

19-88 on a vader? why would you drop a tooth? like i said i plan on moving up to a 17 turn and goin with the BX gearing of 23t pinion and test it with both my 88t spur and the 81t spur 4.4 vs 3.5 ratio is quite a difference
Old 11-01-2006, 08:55 PM
turbotb0205

lol no i know sometimes this stuff is hard to believe but like i said i know my gun is on it gets tested once every couple weeks and no i didnt take offence to it because for all i know.. being that i live in a small town .. less than 700ppl there guns could be off as well i gather its a pain calibrating those guns and mine cant be calibrated physically i can only test it against a police radar so hey maybe were off lol
Old 11-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Well i was running bigger tires!, 4.9 inch tires, so i droped a tooth to keep the heat down! im runnin 20/93 on my evader st, right now with a Neo 1 3-start on 7 cells!, never had it gps'ed but i wouldnt be surprized on 41-42mph
Old 11-01-2006, 09:00 PM
turbotb0205

i plan on going to a brushless as well thats the wait and reason i havent swapped to the 17t yet .. do you have any troubles with your diff?? if so what did you do to it for the extra grunt it has i plan on using a feigao 8s 5700kv with a sphere and am just afraid ill be droppin diffs in it weekly lol
Old 11-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Jus keep your diff tight, and if your diff does die on you, replace it with with a Asscoiated B2 Diff gear the 2.40 one, and Carbide diff balls, and carbide thrust balls!, you cant run the feiago on the sphere esc, becuase thats a sensorless motor and a sensored esc, to run the feiago u will need a sensorless esc like a Mamba or a Quark or a Bk electronics controler, if you want to run senored brushless (novak, lrp) You can use the sphere! but u can only use senored esc with sensored, motors!, but senorless esc's can run senored motors!, hopes that makes sence!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:57 PM
chh_polaris

Hey thanks for all your help. i don't want to spend alot on this truck but i will get a new motor and 7 cell battery pack for sure. Hey Neospere what kind of rims are those on your truck. They look sweet!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.