Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Novak Ionic-D Charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 10:30 AM
BillMill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak Ionic-D Charger

Does anyone have this and want to comment? Are any of you using it for batteries with tamiya connectors and if so how is it connecting the alligator clips to them? I am planning on using this for NiMH 4200 batteries.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:55 AM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Novak Ionic-D Charger

Hey Bill,

The Ionic-D charger is a little bit behind the time in my opinion. It doesn't have nearly the amount of features you can get for a similarly priced charger.

If you're looking for a good AC/DC Digital Peak charger to start out with that will charge a wide variety of batteries, check out the Duratrax Piranha Digital Peak Charger:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCLD5&P=ML

---

If you want to get spendy, I'll personally recommend the Duratrax ICE Charger, but you'll need a 10-15amp 12v power supply to get that up and running.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHDJ1&P=ML

Otherwise there are MANY better options than the Ionic-D. Just a heads up.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Infinite Gundam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Novak Ionic-D Charger

The original Ionic was my first charger, simple and easy to use ideal for beginners.

To use alligator clips with tamiya connectors, the simple way is to insert one jaw into the connector so that it clamps the pin to a side wall. A better way is to change the alligator clips to a male tamiya connector. The best way is to change both to deans plugs.