Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

what would i have to do to my stampede to put these motors in

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

what would i have to do to my stampede to put these motors in

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 02:57 PM
jdmrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would i have to do to my stampede to put these motors in

14t Speed Gems Pro. Or trinity p-94
what king of esc

Old 12-17-2006, 03:23 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: what would i have to do to my stampede to put these motors in

Any esc with a 14 turn (or lower) limit and a smaller pinion gear.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:10 PM
monocog

an aluminum idler gear, mip cvds should also be considered.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:40 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

Honestly, save yourself the trouble and just go brushless. That motor is going to need work after x amount of runs and thats about $5 to get the comm. cut and have new brushes installed and that's going to add up quickly. Instead just go brushless now and save yourself the headaches of all of this. I reccomend anything from novak as they have given me great performance and reliability. To make the pede brushless ready, just get an aluminum idler gear and rpm bearing carriers and bearings if you haven't already. I still use the stock (aw man I cannot think of the name of these things) things instead of CVDs and I've experienced no problems and I'm closing up on about a year of using my brushless. Just buy an extra spur gear or two just so you don't have to make an order just for a spur gear, and its always good to have extras.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Yeah brushless is the way of the future! but for some its expensive, but if you have the money to fork out on a brushless up front its a great deal in the long run! you might not think so but it really is i went brushless and i'll never go back, but for now thoes are both trinity motors i wouldnt buy them my self jus my prefrence! i would go for something else like a reedy or a Team orion revolution!, but look at the reedy flash point 14X2 or a orion sv2 pro 14x2 im my opinion they would be better motors!

reedy flash:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJZN2&P=7

Orion Sv2 pro bb:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJAJ3&P=7

for the esc i would look into the duratrax line of esc's, a 12t intellispeed would be nice!