Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Hobao Hyper MT

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 08:32 PM
nickz711998

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobao Hyper MT

I just purchased a hobao hyper mt. I lost a couple of wheel flanges and have replacements on order. I was going to all wheels off to take a closer look at links, but I cannot get the wheels off. All flanges are removed, and wheels are stuck on the hubs. Am I missing something to remove the wheels??
Old 03-13-2018, 07:01 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, the wheel nuts hold it in place, and I assume flanges are nuts. Try holding the driveshaft steady (can hold by cup) and rotating the tire both left and right pretty violently, while trying to pull off. If that doesn't work, you may need to take a hammer and tap the outside of the wheel while they are in the air.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:55 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Not sure what a flange is, but you need to remove the 17mm hex nuts to remove each wheel, if the wheel remains stuck to the hex, then chances are you may have rounded out the hex on the wheel... this can happen if you did not use any thread lock on your nuts and they make have slowly worked loose creating wobble and melting the plastic from the wheel.

FFI... RTR = Ready To Reassemble
That means you need to rebuild the entire car, such as applying grease on all rubber seals to prevent leaky shocks/diffs and most importantly you need to apply thread lock on all metal to metal fasteners.