Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

R/C Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Friday31661

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C Truck

Im looking for a truck that i can take off road, do a little grass running, and of course do some jumping. but i have been looking for 2 weeks now and still have no idea what i want to do. Im not trying to spend more than $500.00 for the truck, I still dont know if i was Nitro or Electric. What do you recommend?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:31 AM
paintstikker

Default RE: R/C Truck

Do you want a kit or RTR, 2wd or 4wd and where do you live (if you get nitro, you might have neighborhood noise restrictions).
Old 01-16-2007, 02:23 AM
Friday31661

i would like RTR 4WD and i live in a subdivision
Old 01-16-2007, 02:35 AM
paintstikker

Okay, so possibly Traxxas, because they make many electrics and nitros. I'll have to give you some more info later, it's getting way too late over here.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:47 AM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: Friday31661

Im looking for a truck that i can take off road, do a little grass running, and of course do some jumping. but i have been looking for 2 weeks now and still have no idea what i want to do. Im not trying to spend more than $500.00 for the truck, I still dont know if i was Nitro or Electric. What do you recommend?
$500 to work with and you want a RTR, you have a huge variety with that amount. I personally think nitro MT's are a blast and for that amount I think the best truck out there is the Savage X SS, but it's a kit (which is a good thing IMO) on top of that, you can choose your own radio system instead of being stuck with a sub-par RTR AM radio.. You can get a JR XS3 synthesized FM system from ebay for around $100 new and I've seen the Savage XSS kit for $400 (you'd have to search around).. That would be my suggestion.

If you have to go RTR, these are some to look into...
-Revo 2.5 or 3.3
-Monster GT.. I have one and like it (it's big )
-E-Savage or E-zilla.. *same trucks, the Savage has a different body option stock
-Emaxx
-Stampede.. they make a nitro and electric version, it's only 2wd though...
-HPI MT2.. 1/10 stadium but it's 4wd and pretty cool..

There are more but those are what I can think of right off hand that are quality with good parts support and aftermarket just about everywhere...'cept maybe the E-Savage/Zilla, should get better now that HPI picked up the design though..