Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What truck??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Stampede Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What truck??

Is the stampede XL5 or the hpi wheely king a better truck to buy?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:20 PM
poe

Default RE: What truck??

They are completley different trucks.. solid axle to independent suspension.. The solid axle will have less high-speed stability, the wheely king is meant to be a scale MT and the pede is not.. The wheely king is no jump-king the pede is..bla...bla...bla....
Old 01-18-2007, 09:20 PM
paintstikker

Would go with the pede, I know for a fact it is durable. I haven't seen any reviews on the Whelly King, that's why I'm not reccomending it yet. HPI is usually a better product, though, but I feel like they didn't go too far on this one.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:40 PM
hands without shadows

There both the LOL kind of fun, but if you ever wanty to go fast the pede will handle better, and it also willtake jumps better.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 PM
R/C fan-addict

personally I think the wheely king is pretty stupid. I mean you can pay $200 for some crappy electronics, lots of plastic parts, and 2WD or you could get a TLT from ultimatehobbies.com for $70 shipped then add your own motor and ESC for $60 and a radio for $40 and for $170 you have a 4WD truck that has tons of metal parts and quite decent electronics, especially if you already have a radio, since then you can spend more on your motor and ESC. The TLT also has a ton of after market support with loads of different chassis and scale mods available. Between the 2 though go for a pede.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Stampede Man

can you make the wheely king four wheel drive?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:55 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: Stampede Man

can you make the wheely king four wheel drive?
you can but you need to buy center driveshafts, axle diffs, and driveshafts. If those are actually made of some metal than expect to pay at least $30-40 for the conversion. If it's made of plastic, ditch the wheely king idea and go for a TLT.