Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Modified Motor? 17 Turn?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:43 PM
AIRSAVAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modified Motor? 17 Turn?

I'm curious if a 17 turn motor is considered a modified motor? I'm looking at the Team Associated T4 RS RTR and it comes with a 17 turn motor. I want a good electric truck to race, but I want to run in the stock class. The hobby store is trying to sell me the XTM X-Cellerator which does look cool but they said I'd have to up grade the motor to be competitive on the track. Also, I've owned to Associated buggies before and they were great. Any advice between the two cars and what makes a modified motor? THanks,
JEff
Old 05-08-2007, 09:14 AM
drifting123

Default RE: Modified Motor? 17 Turn?

ive got an xtm racing x-cellerator the electric version, its a great car very tough!!! i changed the motor because the stock motor is only 27 turn so i bought a team orion maethod motor which is great. plus if you did this then you would not need to splash out on new esc. the venom racing fireball motor also seems to be a cheap motor that is a 17 turn modified
Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 AM
paintstikker

One thing to note, though, the Venom fireball motors aren't that great; the 19t Money is faster than at least te venom 15t, if not lower in some cases.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:42 AM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

airsavage i have that truck. t4 race spec. the stock motor that it comes with (reedy radon 17turn) is not very good. if you get it check the motor capaciters mine only had 1 and should have 3. associated sent me a new motor for free but it's still not very fast. i've heard alot of good about the checkpoint money motor 19turn. the t4 is a great truck. the only upgrades i'd do would be rpm a-arms.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:21 PM
pyro2

ORIGINAL: fourwheels0

airsavage i have that truck. t4 race spec. the stock motor that it comes with (reedy radon 17turn) is not very good. if you get it check the motor capaciters mine only had 1 and should have 3. associated sent me a new motor for free but it's still not very fast. i've heard alot of good about the checkpoint money motor 19turn. the t4 is a great truck. the only upgrades i'd do would be rpm a-arms.
I too have a T4 and beat the bat snot out of it. It is much tougher than you think! As stated above, the stock motor is lacking to say the least. Now, the Checkpoint Money I put in it is just great! Faster, and more torque than the Radon , and later tonight I will be ordering the RPM front A-arms... the only real weak link I have found in the truck is the stock ones... get those few goodies and have a ball!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:13 PM
420Speedster

I can vouch for the Money 19t. Its much better than the stock 17T high rpm Tornado my Sprint 2 came with. Its a bit faster but gets tho top speed twice as quick. Much torquier. The slightest turn at full throttle sends it spinning out on asphalt, and its 4wd with HPI xpattern street tires.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:52 PM
bte214

The T4 is a great truck, as long as there is parts support, get it. Don't take any of the above advice on motors because stock class is 27t. Get the co27 from trinity. It is one of the best stock motors out there now. The reedy radon is not a very good motor anyway.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Xcellerator is amazing.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Checkpointracer

Well it depends, if you want to race stock class then get a co27 trinity motor. BUT, if you wanted to you could also race in the 19t spec class and then you could get a checkpoint 19t money motor and race that. Its all up to you.

P.S. Oh and I'd go for the associated t4.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:18 AM
cubmaster
My Feedback: (51)

I'd also look at the Chameleon 19t pro. I've got one that came in my DI and it's great. Enormously better then the Raven I tried, I've got a 12t Speedgem coming to try also.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Checkpointracer

ORIGINAL: cubmaster

I'd also look at the Chameleon 19t pro. I've got one that came in my DI and it's great. Enormously better then the Raven I tried, I've got a 12t Speedgem coming to try also.

Sorry man but in my opinion the chameleon 19t doesn't even compare to a checkpoint 19t or a komodo drangon 19t. Speedgems however are a good motor.