Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

anyone ever used powerhobby.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:34 PM
bwalker25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever used powerhobby.com

like the title says, I found them on ebay, they are a power seller 98.7%+ feedback. there prices on ebay seem a little high, but on there website they offer free shipping, and they have them mamba max esc for $114.99 (compare @ tower for 135.99), and they have the mamba max combos from the 4600 to the 7700 for just i think $179.99 (compare that @ tower for 212.99). just curious if this company is a legit company before I buy from them....

hmmmm, maybe I should be a guienne pig?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Raguvian

Default RE: anyone ever used powerhobby.com

Mamba max combo is about $180 at bishop power products plus free shipping and they're a reputed place.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
lee172

yeah dont risk it till you here a few good comments about that seller, i got mine from BPP, i await its arrival [>:]
Old 03-11-2007, 09:39 PM
bb16

I bought my T-rex from them and i got a great deal. Also i was able to get some money off when i bought so more stuff from them, I saved like 40 bucks. I got good shiping, when they weren't able to send out my flight sim with my T-Rex they shipped it 2 days later with 2 day shipping for free.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Bashnbreakalot

I'll have to throw in my vote for Bishop power:
http://b-p-p.com/products.php?cat=40
Do yourself a favor and check it out. I have ordered from him a couple times and service is great and prices are good.
On my last order USPS was lagging a little behind and when I contacted Troy at BPP he emailed me every day until I received my order and I was very pleased with the personal touch in his emails. His reputation is VERY good on these boards.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:57 AM
bwalker25

cool didn't 'know about bpp - i'll check into them thanks! nice to know tower isn't the only option w/ good prices
Old 03-14-2007, 08:15 AM
M007GUNIT
My Feedback: (1)

Definently use http://b-p-p.com/products.php?cat=40 just spoke with Troy and he was very helpful plus I bought the esc for $112.95 plus free shipping. my vote is for BBP!!!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:14 PM
wriffwraff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM POWERHOBBY IN SUFFERN NY: Ordered a 14.8v 35C Venom lipo battery (hard case) from Power Hobby on 01 May 2012. Rec'd the battery on 05 May 2012. The battery was missing safety labeling, tamper stickers, user brochures and battery wiring connectors. It also had surface scratches on the bottom, indicating that it had been fitted to a RC product. In distrust and in the interest of time, I reordered the battery through Tower Hobbies and it delivered in brand new condition; with universal connectors, brochures and labeling. Meanwhile, Power Hobby rec'd their return on 09 May 2012. I spoke with a Nadir Mohammad on 10 May 2012. He assured me of a refund. I phoned again on 11 May 2012 b/c I rec'd an email stating that another battery was being shipped to me? He stated that he would cancel the battery. I then asked him to process the refund. He stated he would, at which point $7.05 immediately posted to my PayPal account that was used for the initial purchase. I asked about the cost of the battery, which was $93.90, less shipping. He stated that he had processed the cost of the battery as well and that it should post later. I phoned later that evening to advise that the cost of the battery had not refunded to my account. He stated that he had processed the shipping charge of $7.05 as well as the cost of the battery. It's been more than three days since I last spoke with him. The cost of the battery has not posted. I am now going to forward this review to the credit card company used to purchase the battery from Power Hobby for refund, as this appears to be fraud at this point. I'm also going to contact my local postmaster to have them blocked from deliveries, as I suspect that they've mailed whatever they could scare up to continue this soul sucking game.