Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Mamba Max Thread!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:25 PM
squeeguk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Mamba Max Thread!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: chopndroptx

ORIGINAL: squeeguk

Does anybody know where to get the Aluminium hopups and a new chassis from? I was looking at rcmart, but when you checkout all the extra charges, no way man, it's like an extra 20% on top of what I want to order.

Please help as I want to order the stuff now.

Cheers

Luis
Im not trying to be rude, but this thread is for Mamba Max discussion. Not hopups!!!!

Please post a new thread, and you may want to mention what type of car you have in order for someone to help you find the correct parts.

Good Luck!
Sorry about that mate, for some reason I thought I had clicked on the Dark Impact thread and ended up here. Been watching this as I will be purchasing a MM 6900 tonight for my Dark Impact.

Thanks for that. I will delete the previous thread.

Cheers
Old 04-30-2007, 07:04 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

well i am pissed! my mamba crapped out on me today!. i have had it for like 2 weeks(if that)only like 10 runs(if that) and the ESC just stopped....no light no sound nothing. just before it died it was glitching and was all crazy, i had reverse locked out on it but it would sit there and jitter back and forthlike a 1/4 inch. took it to the LHS Nick(owner) was looking at it trying to figure out what was wrong and then it just shut off and wont turn back on...i will be contacting CC tonight and it will be replaced or refunded...fun while it lasted but i am not happy, i dont have $180 to just spend like it where nothing. what were your average temps for the ESC and a 6900 motor?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Big House

Wookie,

No problems here...just killing my cars. Mines doesn't start glitching until after the battery starts running down. Radio interference has a lot to do with glitching also.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:13 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

yeah but that doesnt explain it's death....i find it kinda funny. i was only at 130*F others have run it well over that.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: wookie_racer

well i am pissed! my mamba crapped out on me today!. i have had it for like 2 weeks(if that)only like 10 runs(if that) and the ESC just stopped....no light no sound nothing. just before it died it was glitching and was all crazy, i had reverse locked out on it but it would sit there and jitter back and forthlike a 1/4 inch. took it to the LHS Nick(owner) was looking at it trying to figure out what was wrong and then it just shut off and wont turn back on...i will be contacting CC tonight and it will be replaced or refunded...fun while it lasted but i am not happy, i dont have $180 to just spend like it where nothing. what were your average temps for the ESC and a 6900 motor?

i had one in my evader now my losi, the temps never went over 160-170 on the ESC and 140-160 on the motor. using 18 pinion and 87 spur on proline dirt works.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:15 PM
chopndroptx

Hmmm I notched my trany out some on my Rustler and cut my body a little more for air. And Im still getting motor temps at 170 with the lowest gearing possible. What the heck? I know 170 is ok, but I really dont understand why my other one runs around 130 normally with higher gearing. Its really getting to me.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:19 PM
squeeguk

Well just ordered my MM6900 tonight. Got it from Bishop Power Products, they got an amzing price on at the moment wiht free shipping for anyone who wants one. Now it's waiting time. Should be with me in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see what it will do in my Dark Impact.

Cheers
Old 05-01-2007, 03:27 PM
chopndroptx

ORIGINAL: squeeguk

Well just ordered my MM6900 tonight. Got it from Bishop Power Products, they got an amzing price on at the moment wiht free shipping for anyone who wants one. Now it's waiting time. Should be with me in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see what it will do in my Dark Impact.

Cheers
Thats their normal deal!!! Its great! Thats where I bought my setup for my Mini Quake SE and my Rustler.

Hope you enjoy! They ship pretty fast also, Priority Mail 2-3 days here in the US. United Kingdom might take a while though!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:14 PM
chopndroptx

Hmm this thread is getting slow, and I see there are still Mamba threads being started. Come on everyone post any experiences, problems, speeds, ect... Lets keep this going on the 1st page to help keep so many Mamba threads from being started. I know alot of people are getting tired of seeing them, I have seen many complaints.

I personally am waiting on FLM parts that I broke the get my Pede going agian so I swap my 5700 motors and see what the deal is with my overheating problem. I just ran my Rustler again and got the motor up to 190.5 degrees. I figured notching the trany would have helped a little, guess not![:@]
Old 05-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Mekong

Has anyone run 12 cells on the mamba max? Im gonna get the 5700 Friday or Thursday after finals, possibly make a Y and use to batts!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:25 PM
chopndroptx

I havent tried it yet, I might here in the near future. Gotta work out my problems first. And I mainly have 7 cell packs, but I do have 1 Venom 3300 and a GP3300 I could wire up and use. From what I understand you can hit over 60mph with the right gearing. CRAZY I would need a landing strip to run it!!! lol
Old 05-01-2007, 10:59 PM
adamr33s

I have a brand new Mamba-Max that I want to use. I have tried so hard to get it connected to my computers (that’s 3 running win XP)
I have almost given up, first, I have installed all drivers and latest software. Next I have connected the ESC to my Computers with the supplied USB cable and it says it’s connected within the software.
When it is connected I then can not use any functions with the software with my mouse, I can tab to restore default button but that’s it. I then have to kill the program from task manager as it will not close either.
This is driving me nuts.
anyone with any sugestions? Ive already sent a email to CC just waiting a reply
Old 05-01-2007, 11:16 PM
chopndroptx

Have you tried uninstalling it and downloading it from CC's website? I didnt even use the CD I dont think, maybe just for the driver. But I didnt have any problems.

I downloaded the software before I even had a Mamba,lol
Old 05-02-2007, 12:14 AM
adamr33s

Hey Chop I tried with my first computer the latest off the website 2.23 or something like that.
2nd computer I tried the CD
3rd i tried the CD, then installed the latest over the top
I will wait to see what CC says and I will get back to everyone

ORIGINAL: chopndroptx

Have you tried uninstalling it and downloading it from CC's website? I didnt even use the CD I dont think, maybe just for the driver. But I didnt have any problems.

I downloaded the software before I even had a Mamba,lol
Old 05-02-2007, 12:14 AM
lee172

squeeguk, where abouts in the UK are you from? i ordered another last night, 4600kv, already got a 5700kv and a Novak 4.5

BPP is the place to go.. for us Brits anyway!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:32 AM
squeeguk

Hi Lee, I'm down in leafy Surrey. How long did yours take to arrive? Wow, you got a serious collection of cars mate.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:46 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: lee172

squeeguk, where abouts in the UK are you from? i ordered another last night, 4600kv, already got a 5700kv and a Novak 4.5

yeah lol
Old 05-02-2007, 02:46 AM
dickster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BPP? Where's that?

ORIGINAL: lee172

Old 05-02-2007, 06:07 AM
rc10b4_racer

does anyone know the 1:1 ratio on the b4. h i run 81 spur, what pinion do i use. on both 18 and 20 pinions i hit the same 44mph. the temperatures are fine. 130 on esc, 109 on motor. the motor is the 7700
Old 05-02-2007, 09:21 AM
chopndroptx

ORIGINAL: dickster

BPP? Where's that?
http://www.b-p-p.com

Its one of the best places to buy brushless setups.
They are here in the US, Arizona.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:34 AM
sloppyG

how easy is it to make the thing work without a computer to setup

I'm not sure I'm OK with hooking an RC car up to my computer..
Old 05-02-2007, 10:28 AM
chopndroptx

Well with all my overheating problems I called Castle Creations. They are sending me a new motor!!!!!!!! They have great customer service, so far. The guy I talked to was cool, and didnt try to act like it was my fault or anything. And the good thing is that I dont have to send mine in first, they are sending the new motor with a package to send the old one back, with postage already paid! No money out of my pocket, like with most companies.

But he did tell me not to run my car anymore, just let it sit until I get the new one. He said the more I drive it the more its going to mess up the motor. So now I have 3 cars/trucks down waiting for parts.[&o]
Old 05-02-2007, 10:33 AM
chopndroptx

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

how easy is it to make the thing work without a computer to setup

I'm not sure I'm OK with hooking an RC car up to my computer..
Im sure its like any other esc, just alot easier to use the computer!
I personally havent even looked at manual programming. Just plug it in and go.

Why wouldnt you be OK hooking a RC car up to a computer? They hook the cars we drive every day up to computers all the time. I wish I could use my computer on my Nissans, that would be awsome if I could adjust them like I do my Mamba!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:05 AM
sloppyG

I just want to install it and go, I'm not going to mess with my curves or whatnot, and I don't race, I just want a fast car!!!

my 5700 should arrive soon!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM
chopndroptx

Actually I found the curves help alot! I did the same thing at first. But the curves actually help!

You can adjust your throttle curve and it will help with wheelies, whether you want them or not. And how it flows into the throttle, instead of the "slam on the gas" effect.

And the brake curve actually helps ease on the brakes so you slow down, instead of spinning in circles trying to stop. In my case anyway.

Basicly the cuves will smooth things out for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.