Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

DINBALL RULES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:28 AM
SteveR1960

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DINBALL RULES!!!

Here is my spin on Dinbass (as I call him). I have ordered from him while living in the States - both direct or through Ebay - and from my current locale in Shanghai, China.

Direct from his store arrival times have varied from 1 week to 2 months. From Ebay the same. Two times things never arrived after 3 months. I call him Dinbass because they don't respond to emails about problems. Nevertheless, I was not out any money. Ebay refunded me.

In Shanghai - of course things arrive fast. Always 1-2 weeks. This whether I order direct or through Ebay.

Here is the interesting part. If I order from the States to Shanghai it can take 2 weeks or 2+ months. My theory - customs delays. In reverse - HK to US same thing can happen. If you look at Dinballs ratings on Ebay you will see what happened to me happens to others. I seem to remember this as a 1/50 event. Anyways - you can check out his number of bad reviews on Ebay to get the true stats. Ebay will protect you. Your credit card will not for an international purchase. He also adds lots of fees - high shipping and a bank fee if you order direct. Note: I order from other HK dealers and they do not add bank fees and high shipping to me in Shanghai. So Dinbass gets only Ebay purchases from me.

Steve
[link=http://www.vintagedow.com/rcstuff/]My RC Stuff[/link]
Old 05-07-2007, 08:16 PM
teh squirrel

Dinball got me my products in the amount of time stated, about 10 days (to the u.s.)... Two of the GPM shocks were missing pieces (one a washer, the other a steel ball that sits in the connecting piece) and the guy sends me two more complete shocks, got those in 10 days. I am pretty pleased...

Besides, the guy carries stuff that you can't get in the states, and that's when I order from him. Email response was super fast with him, we shot a few emails back and forth over an hour. He did ask for pics of the shocks to show the problem, but that's fine with me.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

I need some EDS drivers; looks like I'll be ordering from Precision-RC though because their shipping is cheap.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:04 AM
SteveR1960

squirrel,

sounds like you had a good result. Maybe since they completed their move to the new location and got settled in they are taking more time for customer service. I have not had a problem since last July. I have problems with other dealers in HK - I have to confirm inventory levels before I order or they me be out of stuff. A positive for Dinbass is he always has in stock what he claims. I tend to have many many small orders across a year, so I have a very hogh probability of seeing issues if systemic.

My belief on the other HK dealers is they are simoly unorganized. I have visited most of them. Dinbass is LARGE, very organized shelving. Very clear order picking and order scanning process which is good for inventory managment. The other places are small, have huge amunts of inventory everywhere, list everything they can carry on their web site and have ZERO probability of keeping accurate inventory. They have no scanners - I have watched a couple filling internet orders while I was there.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:01 PM
ElectricGuy007

That would be a good start, didnt even think about the website, is it alot faster....cause I dont like ebay that much..[:@]

[quote]ORIGINAL: rcxboy

ORIGINAL: bmaglinger

Just remember that bmalinger bought off ebay, which does not seem to be as reliable as off rcmart.com
Old 05-09-2007, 12:01 AM
rcxboy

ORIGINAL: bmaglinger

That would be a good start, didnt even think about the website, is it alot faster....cause I dont like ebay that much..[:@]
I don't really know if it faster than ebay, i haven't used that. I got an email saying they'd sent it a day after i bought and paid, but that depends on what time of day you buy.