Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Fastest electric truck ?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fastest electric truck ?!?

A lipo weighs much less for the same given capacity, and has better voltage under load, and depending on design/stats, can output more amps (I've seen more than 150+ amps per individual cell) than the best nimh (about 40-45 amps) which translates to waaaaaaay better power to weight ratio.

Example: The newer Thunder Power Extreme brand of 2100mah 2-cell 7.4v can put out almost 80 amps of current, while the popular IB nimh cells, 4200 mah are rated around 30-45 amps.

- The 2-cell 7.4v 2100 mah lipo weighs about 98 grams, while the 6-cell 7.2v IB4200 Nimh weighs almost 420 grams. A comparable lipo of 4200 mah would probably weigh about 200-250 grams.

Of course there are other hazards of using lipo batteries, like you cannot overheat them above 140'F or if you over load them with too many amps they will swell up and even burn, and you can't deep discharge them by accident or they will become useless.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:09 AM
speed_luver

lol fastest electric truck, well monster truck, E-Savage takes it away
stadium trucks - well team associated owns when it comes to professionalism and durability of stadium trucks as well as other vehicles, they are made with the most advanced materials..
well i own a factory team edition rc10t4 which came with full carbon upgrade, allow servo mounts, titanium turnbuckles, allow motor plate, carbon fibre strap...
i added to it: RPM frnt wide bumper, front blue arms (the ones that made for rc10gt2), gpm allow gear box, gpm rear chassis plate

i just ran the mamba maxx 5700kv systemon it, da one i jus bought, with a 6-cell 1500mah NiCD battery, which is liek over a year old, and i got 5 minutes of runtime with a top speed of 34mph, on a 20T pinion, 87T spur, also i had a venom speed meter installed on it....
it has stock dish rims with the stock tires in the front, i 4got their name but they got ribs, and on the rear i have proline dirtworks, they are by far the longest lasting 2.2 truck tires, along with moabs and masher series from proline....

but yeah as far as fast trucks go, electrics can beat nitros any surface almost, as long as they have brushless systems runnin off lipo's..

a mamba maxx 5700kv brushless system si the most powerful and reliable and money worth on the current market, know cuz i know a beta tester from castle creations and novak as well, and castle creations's mamba maxx wins hands down, as u can see on my truck, a sum-what mid-weight truck on crappy batteries, it goes faster then many RTR's..
but yeah da catle creations mamba maxx 5700kv system on 2-cell 3500mah batteries, on a truk liek mine, can go upto 60mph, and with traxxxas's new VXL lipo batteries, lets say a 3-cell 8000mah, a truck can mien go over 70mph...
so u choose which one u want, if u want a lightweight upper-class truck, go for team assicated rc10t4/rc10b4...
if u are like crazy basher, go for E-Savage...

ur choice...
u guys got any questions, feel free to msg me...

have a great day guys...
Sam
Old 08-16-2007, 12:06 PM
novakmaxx

you could get a rustler vxl. thay go 45+ with a 7 cell and 70+ with lipo.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:37 PM
x2o

ORIGINAL: novakmaxx

and the optional pinion and spur which is quite over geared and may cause some heat. (not bashing, just letting the OP know.)
Old 08-16-2007, 09:41 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: x2o

ORIGINAL: novakmaxx

and the optional pinion and spur which is quite over geared and may cause some heat. (not bashing, just letting the OP know.)
Just an fyi I ran my stampede vxl with a 28t pinion for 10 minutes or so and the motor hit 150, esc hit 129 and the battery hit 125. Meanwhile my mamba 5700 rustler geared the same 28/86 the motor hit 190, esc hit 160, and battery 140. The VXL is much cooler especially on the batteries. The mamba was faster though 49 vs 42 on a 6 cell 3800 pack.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:59 PM
speed_luver

mamba all the way, like i said search the youtube website for my videos, and da latest one with mamba and venom **** on my T4, the esc stayed around 130 and batteries around 150 and motor around 130...
cooler then any other brushless sytem...
but yeah traxxas vxl, my buddy bought it, dude cant do any bashing with them, traxxas vehicles are good for on road, but their off roads are one of the weekest ones ive seen..
mamba's can give u da speed with the torque, my rc10T4 with:

RC10T4 with Mamba Maxx 5700KV.
with dirtworks in the rear
alloy gear box
alloy rear chassis plate
alloy motor plate
alloy servo mounts
rpm front arms (originally for rc10gt2)
rpm wide front bumper
full carbon upgrade
20T pinion + 87T spur
hardened CVD's
Venom Speed Meter
Traxxass 2CH receiver
94102Z Servo

does 37mph... and its got all this **** on it, pretty heavy then othe rlight models..
and dats da highest spur, so if i go down to like 81T spur and 22T pinion with a descent 7 cell battery, that thing will rip....