Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

velineon or mamba

Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Danju

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default velineon or mamba

hey ive got a stock rusty. would the mamba be better than the velineon system? (im guessing the mamba is better) whats the price of the V system? looks pretty cool.

thanks
Old 05-24-2007, 09:33 PM
coleholley

Default RE: velineon or mamba

ORIGINAL: Danju

hey ive got a stock rusty. would the mamba be better than the velineon system? (im guessing the mamba is better) whats the price of the V system? looks pretty cool.

thanks
I don't think no one knows yet.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:37 PM
DaveG55

looks pretty cool????

Yeah, that's what I want in a brushless system

For now I'd stay with the Mamba. Let somebody else be the guinee pig for Traxxas.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:39 PM
sloppyG

someone over at the traxxas forum said 300 for the Velineon

180 for the mamba seems like a winner, plus the traxxas one is a 3500 motor, would be slower than the 4600, 5700, 6900 and 7700 from mamba
Old 05-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Danju

besides getting new batteries, chargers (ive got a 1500mah nicad)and deans, would there be anything else to get for setting up a brushless system? like for my rustler i have to get a aluminum idle gear right? im tryin to add up the price to see how it will affect my bill. can i even use my old batttery for a brushless? probably runtime is like 3 min?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

The Velineon only pushes the Stampede to 30 mph stock, so don't bother with it. I see this as a big flop for Traxxas.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:50 PM
-EXTRA-

yea its 300 its on there site on..it says the esc is brushed and brushless soo idk..yea i wouldnt wanna be the first to try it out for 300 bux.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:08 PM
BackFilp 360

why does it say 70+[X(][X(]
Old 05-24-2007, 10:11 PM
MambaPede

Because of the 3 cell lipo.But 3500kv on 3 cell lipo seems like an overgearing from hell.Or another traxxas sales pitch
Old 05-24-2007, 10:11 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: BackFilp 360

why does it say 70+[X(][X(]
Optioal 3c lipo and optional pinion and optional spur

Not a little deceptive there is it????

Don't expect more than 30, 35 tops out of the box.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 PM
BackFilp 360

but i payed 200$ for a mm5700 and 100$ for the 3s and they expect it to go 70+ with to mods and it only a 3500kv
Old 05-24-2007, 10:19 PM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

that thread on their site has jumped to 2 pages ina matter of mins, but a good mamba pede will stil kick its ass.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Exactly. There is NO point in buying that thing. Traxxas becomes more and more odious in my mind every day. This is just STUPID. They could give it Mamba performance for a max $25 more. They've got everything there!

This is retarded, overhyped, seriously poorly thought out.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:25 PM
MambaPede

Yea and the rtr version will be rediculous in price.Any numbers on the rtr versions with this world wonder of a brushless system?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:56 PM
-Inverted-

lol.

I really want that rustler myself.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Almighty ODST

Inverted...I was thinking the same thing, that rusty looks sick. Shoot...even if it is 4 benjamins....its still got all the mods that we had to do to our pedes (new steel gears, digi servo, 5x11 bearings, hex hardware, steel turnbuckles). And the brushless motor. It would end up being cheaper than any of us has put in to our pedes and it looks like it would be a nice basher outa the box. 40 mph is plenty fast for my bashing needs, I don't need 70 mph so it would be nice to pick up something that could do 40 outa the box and already be strong enough to handle the power. I don't have much time to mod anymore so it would be sweet.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:26 AM
jimroad471

Is the Traxxas BL a sensored system? It doesn't appear so from the pics. Anyway, maybe somebody will drive one and we can get the scoop from them on speed, performance and longevity!!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:29 AM
BanditMonster

It seems people have the tendency to bash anything that Traxxas comes out with...

I personally think the system is awesome, and that Traxxas did a great job taking out a brushless system.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Adamg-RCU

I think part of the reason respect for Traxxas is limited to Traxxas owners, is that those owners sometimes proclaim Traxxas stuff to be awesome without ever driving it, much less seeing it drive, much less hearing a report from someone you know drive it.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Adamg-RCU

Excuse me; I should have started that 'much less' list with 'owning it,' because ultimately one has to own something and log some run time to determine it is awesome.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Slo-V Flyer

The upgrades to the chassis and drivetrain itself are a good thing, since most of us seem to end up with mods that are about the same as what these VXL versions will have out of the box. The 3500kv motor should be fine for beginners and noobies, or just someone who is looking for long runtimes, assuming that the brushless system holds up quality wise.

As for which system to get, for me I'd still buy the Mamba Max 5700, just because I know I can get decent speeds without rediculous overgearing and the price is right.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:52 AM
BanditMonster

ORIGINAL: Adamg-RCU

Excuse me; I should have started that 'much less' list with 'owning it,' because ultimately one has to own something and log some run time to determine it is awesome.
I mean the fact that they are taking out a brushless system is awesome, I was in the middle of something and typed that out as quick as possible.

The point of my post is, people seem to jump the gun and consider it trash if Traxxas does it, whatever it is that it does.

I realized that you need to own something before it can be determined how it is. However, if those claims are true about speed and power (who knows), then yes, it IS awesome.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:54 AM
BanditMonster

ORIGINAL: Adamg-RCU

I think part of the reason respect for Traxxas is limited to Traxxas owners, is that those owners sometimes proclaim Traxxas stuff to be awesome without ever driving it, much less seeing it drive, much less hearing a report from someone you know drive it.
I do own Traxxas stuff, and from my experience, I think their stuff is awesome. When they come out with something new, my opinion is simply "awesome".

Gee, I hope there is nothing wrong with that... Mr. Adamg-RCU
Old 05-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Scoob

As opposed to people who proclaim "stupid, retarded, overhyped, seriously poorly thought out" without owning it?

I'm not a big Traxxas fan. I am AE all the way but I like to see new stuff on the electric side since everything is devoted to nitro these days. I can't see how someone can pitch a fit like a little baby because something that a company released is not what they wanted. Your not forced to buy it.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 AM
DaveG55

See, the thing is, I'm not seriously brand loyal. If a company comes out with something I like the looks of, I'll buy it and tell the truth as I see it about what I bought. For example, I own a Savage and I'm here to tell you that they're not all that the Savage lovers would have you believe they are. Not a bad truck, just not the god of bashing. I also own Duratrax stuff and they're not as bad as the "duratrash" people want you to believe either. What gets me is Traxxas hyping this system like they did at their site and the boards and then coming out with something that's really a basic system and trying to make everyone believe that it's somehow revolutionary. It is not revolutionary in any sense. They are not the first brushess RTR, they are not the fastest brushless and they probably won't be the least expensive brushless either.
Traxxas has been revolutionary before but not in this.
And pushing that 70mph thing like it's out of the box is just plain decietful - shame on Traxxas for that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.