Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looking for an RC Buggy

I am looking for an electric RC Buggy. My limit is 100 dollars but so far, I can't find anything that's super fast and at a decent price. Except for this one... http://www.raidentech.com/4x4elofrarec.html

Do any of you know what you should be looking for in an electric RC Buggy? Or, better yet do you where I can get a really fast one under 100 dollars?

Please don't flame me because I've spent hours searching.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Looking for an RC Buggy

This is about as cheap as they get for a ok one. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXJJF9**&P=0. But consider youself lucky if it goes over 20 mph. You're going to have to do some preety expensive modding if you want to go fast. Main point is that you're not going to get what you're looking for if you don't spend $200+ if not $300.
    Getting back into the hobby after a year long break

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My suggestion would be to wait until you can spend a little bit more and get something along the lines of a dark impact and add a esc and a radio to it.
    Type R|Keen Hawk|XXX-S G+|M03R|Mini LST|RC18B|XXX-T MF1|Vendetta ST|T-Maxx 2.5|Revo 2.5|Rustler 2.5|Cyclone|T2\'007|XT8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The last 2 post are right ...if you only spend $100 for an RTR buggy ... it will either be slow or a POS. Most likey both unless you try ebay but even then it could still be crap if it is a used RTR. So save some more money up. The Traxxas Bandit and Duratrax Evader at least come with 20 turn motors so they will be a little faster than your average stock buggy. Speed also comes from your gear ratio. But for now if your a noob to RC, you should not worry too much about speed ... durability should be your concern because your gonna wreck if your a noob ... just the way it goes.

BTW the buggy you picked from Raidentech is a copy of the Tamiya Baja King. Its a pretty good choice but the ESC is crap and if you try to use a faster motor it will fry the ESC. That ESC was meant to be used with stock motors only. The radio is crappy too. The range sucks, but if your learning to drive it would be good to keep the car closer to you until you get better at driving.
    Bart - Dad you killed zombie Flanders !!
    Homer - He was a zombie ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THIS is what u will be looking to spend for a really fast and nice buggy.
    BL Pede, BL XXX Graphite buggy, Graphite XXX-S 27T, Raven St, RS4 MT, BL Pro Pulse, Micro RS4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd suggest saving more money up and getting a Tamiya Dark Impact or Rising Storm, and upgrade from there.
    Have fun while voiding your warranty...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree
    -Asphalt is for getting to the track, Dirt is for racing
    -Buy cheap,Buy twice

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can anyone tell me what a good electric rc buggy is? My cash limit is 400$. 
      I an semi beginer as i own a traxxas e revo and a tamiya blitzer beetle that i recently built.