Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

whats a good, but cheap, onroad car ?

Old 06-11-2007, 02:48 AM
scottywilkes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats a good, but cheap, onroad car ?

ok well, after driving a mates onroad nitro, i love the instant accel they have, but i want an electric, ive got a nitro evader, and a associated Monster GT for nitro, i just want a change, so whats a good, onroad electric that is capable of taking a mamba brushless system when i decide to get one?

I will only be using it in parking lots, and streets, im still not totally sure if i want nitro or electric yet, but thought a change would be cool
Old 06-11-2007, 06:13 AM
R35_tunerVision

Default RE: whats a good, but cheap, onroad car ?

The car you are looking for would be a cyclone S. It can also handle brushless. It is also very upgradeable. [link]http://www.rcmart.com[/link] is the place you can buy hop ups for cheap. I buy loads of stuff from them and they are trusteable.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:55 AM
DLS II

You might take a look at a Tamiya TA-05. Don
Old 06-11-2007, 10:16 AM
fcazzol

Be careful if you get a Cyclone S. You will need to update pulleys to aluminum ones as well as the spur gear holder and the shaft all 3 use. I have a Cyclone S with the 5700 Mamba motor. I am using 3S lipos. It's crazy fast.

Without those modifications some plastic parts will break. I learned the hard way. The mamba is simply too powerful.

Francois
Old 06-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Grantothismo

I concur with DLS II .

The TT-01 is REALLY cheap - might be a better choice to see if you like onroad, but do not have many upgrades. The TA-05 can really be made to run and are very neutral out of the box.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Suprachrgd82

A good and cheap onroad car can be found on ebay. Price and quality go hand-in-hand, so you get what you pay for. Many racers sell off "lasts year's models" pretty cheap on ebay, so you can pick up a race worthy ride for a decent price.

If you want a cheap NEW car, disappointment will likely follow your purchase.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:24 PM
MonkeyFist

ORIGINAL: Suprachrgd82

A good and cheap onroad car can be found on ebay. Price and quality go hand-in-hand, so you get what you pay for. Many racers sell off "lasts year's models" pretty cheap on ebay, so you can pick up a race worthy ride for a decent price.

If you want a cheap NEW car, disappointment will likely follow your purchase.
Cheap, fast, or good, pick 2, the third one it will not be. Suprachrgd82 is right, you maybe better off buying a used model vs buying a cheap new car and being disappointed.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:25 PM
420Speedster

I'll sell ya a Sprint 2 RTR 4wd. PM me!
Old 06-15-2007, 07:10 PM
scottywilkes

sorry should of stated more thoroughly, i dont want a top of the line racer electric, thats what i mean as in cheap, i want a good electric kit or roller chassis, thats not gonna cost me 500 US just for the kit, i want something that will handle high powered motors, handle reasonably well and be reliable, im not lookning for something like those HBX things on ebay, i want a name brand, like associated, HPI, Losi etc.

How are TC3s? A mates got one he dosnt use anymore, it will be a roller, no elecs, no motor etc, for 50 austrlaian dollars, he just wants to see it go somewhere and get used, then i would purchase a good peak charger, so thats about 140 aus dollars, some 7.2 volt stick packs to start of with, then il move to lipo once i can afford them, and the mamba maxx system for i think there like 220 US, so all up like 500 AUS bucks.

So yeah whats a TC3 like?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Myhre
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

sorry should of stated more thoroughly, i dont want a top of the line racer electric, thats what i mean as in cheap, i want a good electric kit or roller chassis, thats not gonna cost me 500 US just for the kit, i want something that will handle high powered motors, handle reasonably well and be reliable, im not lookning for something like those HBX things on ebay, i want a name brand, like associated, HPI, Losi etc.

How are TC3s? A mates got one he dosnt use anymore, it will be a roller, no elecs, no motor etc, for 50 austrlaian dollars, he just wants to see it go somewhere and get used, then i would purchase a good peak charger, so thats about 140 aus dollars, some 7.2 volt stick packs to start of with, then il move to lipo once i can afford them, and the mamba maxx system for i think there like 220 US, so all up like 500 AUS bucks.

So yeah whats a TC3 like?

Ebay is a good place to find a good car. I picked up a Cyclone Black on ebay for $150 shipped. Now thats a $400 car if you look at tower. I suggest looking on ebay for a Cyclone (not S) a JRXS (not type r) and XRAY T2 (not 007). These are some good cars that would be able to handle anything you could put on them, and still have plenty of parts availability. Other than that I would suggest a TC4 RTR, or a XXX-S.

edit I was going to pm you and ask you if you would be interested in a really nice XXX-S roller that I've got for sale, but you've got pm's disabled. Let me know if your interested.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:23 PM
cheech4

tc3 also comes in electric.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Myhre
My Feedback: (3)

Ah, my mistake. I thought they were nitro only. Sorry about that.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:50 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

this is an old thread of mine, Fantastic combo!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4509028/tm.htm
Old 06-15-2007, 09:24 PM
scottywilkes

hey mate throw me an email my email adress is scottywilkes @ hotmail.com RCU dissabled my PMs for some reason and they wont re open them, its been 1 year [:@] im interested mate, just depends how money is goin, and u do know im in australia?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:08 AM
mkiiina

what about the TC4? got my girlfriend to drive it full speed without wrecking ever. very stable and the chassis has been pushed to over 100mph. havent broken anythin yet
Old 06-16-2007, 12:30 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: mkiiina

what about the TC4? got my girlfriend to drive it full speed without wrecking ever. very stable and the chassis has been pushed to over 100mph. havent broken anythin yet

you just answered ur own question if the car can handle speeds of 100 mph, and i would LOVE to here what is powering it, then that enough should tell you its a great car.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:52 PM
radarwill

XXX-S new RTR is $269, on Ebay they go for around 170 in good shape. It's a great car.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:38 PM
The Hedgehog

I got a graphite xxx-s for 145 rtr with a nice motor for sale. No one seems to want it do you think I would get more on ebay?