Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Talk about fun...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 03:14 PM
HoldDaMayo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk about fun...

I've never been a Traxxas fan at all... but i'm really whistling a different tune after getting a couple of Birthday gifts from an amazing wife. She bought me an electric XL-5 Stampede and an electric XL-5 Rustler... I've owned nitro monster trucks before, but nitro and 4wd... I've got at TT-01 drift and a fun little RC18r that i've been messing with, so never really had a 2wd electric off road and BOY have i been missing out...

Luckily, i do have some decent IB4200WC 6 cell packs from my drifting car that i've been using and with these batteries the trucks are a BLAST... they aren't insanely fast, but they are fast enough for everything i'm doing with them. I expected the 2wd handling with electric power to be stupid difficult to control at high speeds, but i was wrong, the slipper clutch system works absolutely great and it gets teh power to the ground VERY smoothly. I had one of the trucks migrated over to my DX3 radio gear and the other one using the stock equipment...

I have smashed into walls, crashed the trucks into each other(wife is a dirty driver), and flipped all over the place and haven't broken a thing. I love not having to worry about the trucks holding a tune, when i take them out it's pure fun until the juice dies out. I can really see why E-Maxx's are so popular, i spend so much less time wrenching, it's really perfect for the amount of time i have to spend on the hobby.

I also want to give a HUGE props to HobbytownUSA... They gave my wife an amazing deal... 10% off each kit... i ended up getting the trucks for about 158 and 148... she did buy some double A's and a couple battery packs, but really, I went in and spoke to the manager the other day and he was super cool and the stock they had made hobby people look like a flea market...

I know this sounds a bit too positive, but for about 160 dollars, the value of these trucks is absolutely amazing. HobbytownUSA is my new local cash dump

I've gotta say, for bashing the Stampede is a heck of a good time and for running on a track the Rustler is definitely where it's at, although, i know that both trucks can be mod'd to do pretty much whatever.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:02 PM
ae racer
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Talk about fun...

your wife got you both! luck man.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:27 PM
HoldDaMayo
My Feedback: (1)

yes, but honestly, she's been using the stampede more than me... and yesterday she called it "her truck" .... COUGH... can you say indian giver??? haha, it is fun for both of us to take them out though, better to have your wife enjoying your hobby than 2 trucks all to yourself and a scowling wife
Old 06-12-2007, 06:42 PM
MonkeyFist

I tried to get my girl into at least driving and bashing. She was scared, she kept saying "I know how much it cost I cant drive it fast, if I break it you'll be mad" She had a good time, but was scared to open it up and really go for it.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:51 PM
seth556
My Feedback: (3)

I love my rusty.

Today stormer shipped my order that includes a FLM chassis for it. Should be a lot stronger than most of the lexan chassis I've made. They usually end up being strong enough but then a bit too heavy. Then the one I just retired was nice but didn't have much room for electronics and after that big wreck I had, the top part was bent a bit.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:05 AM
TIGER76

fairplay to the wife sounds a great deal my GF seems to be attracted to kerbs when she use my rc lol []