Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Introduction and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Introduction and Questions

I thought he meant individual cell shrink... (Confused [])
Old 06-18-2007, 02:26 PM
TenergyRep

I was refering to the whole pack. The individual cells will of course be wrapped.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:50 PM
eddiebelanger
My Feedback: (1)

any news?
Old 06-21-2007, 06:53 PM
cheech4

come to think of it after the ruff experience i had with my jrxs and 6 cell 4200 smc packs. i prefer a pack that had no shrink. it is a tight SQUEEEEEEEEZE in there.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:51 AM
TenergyRep

Alright guys. I put the request in with my tech director. We'll see what he says.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
TenergyRep

News from the tech director. He says that they are preping a SxS pack with the 4500mAh cells for manufacture in china. They will prep a sample and then qualify it for manufacture. Should have more news soon.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 AM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: TenergyRep

News from the tech director. He says that they are preping a SxS pack with the 4500mAh cells for manufacture in china. They will prep a sample and then qualify it for manufacture. Should have more news soon.

cool.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:41 AM
mindwreck

exactly what i was thinking. i usually glue them together when i build my packs.

ORIGINAL: Doahh

If you shrinked the whole pack it wouldn't fit in some cars like my XXX-S where the battery bar has little nubbins to go between the cells to hold it better
Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 PM
vashon10

ORIGINAL: TenergyRep

ORIGINAL: vashon10

TenergyRep,

I like your cells. Do you only provide the cells to places like all-battery.com or do you provide the assembled packs ?
Reason I ask is because I do like the packs from all-battery.com, however only if they are assembled with 14ga wires (or thicker). The 16ga wire configuration doesn't work well with BL motors.
Actually vashon All-battery.com is Tenergy's retail website, so if you want individual cells you can order them directly through all-battery.com. Check here for Sub C size cells:
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...TS&Category=17

I have a meeting in less than half an hour to discuss potential new products and upgrades to exsisting products. I'll mention the heavier gage wire and see what we can do. Do you have a preference in cell lay out? Side by Side vs Stick pack configuration.

**Update @ 3:46**
Actually I just talked to the Technical Director and he said that all of the current packs we sell are 14 gage wire. There maybe a few out there still that have the older 16 gage, but we have changed to a 14 gage standard on our packs.

Thanks much for getting back to me and your interaction with current and potential customers. It is good news to hear the packs are getting away from 16ga. I just ordered a T3800 6-cell pack and hoping it will be the 14ga one (as my other Tenergy packs are).
Old 06-29-2007, 02:08 PM
minipro

Is this the only thread you've started about a possible group buy? I'm VERY interested in signing up for a group buy. I'm not an 'addict' like some of these guys, actually I just signed up on these forums and am about to start playing with my 5+ year old cars(hopefully next week or so). The performance of the battery really isn't too big of a concern to me like it would be with some other people that race and whatnot. To be honest, the price is my biggest issue. But from the first link you gave in your original post, it looks like you've already got some killer deals so that's good! If you can do any better for a group buy you can sign me up(even if you can't, i'll probably get your batteries anyways). For what i'm doing I don't think the 4500 cells would be necessary, however i'd be interested in something like the 3800's. I guess if the 4500's were cheap enough I would go for them, but not at 35 bucks a pop. I'd rather have four 3800's than two 4500's. Or maybe if I could get some 4200's for a few bucks more than the 3800's would normally be i'd do that. So let me know when the group buy will be going on, how I can sign up, and what batteries will be eligible for the group buy. Thanks a lot!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:26 PM
TenergyRep

ORIGINAL: minipro

Is this the only thread you've started about a possible group buy? I'm VERY interested in signing up for a group buy. I'm not an 'addict' like some of these guys, actually I just signed up on these forums and am about to start playing with my 5+ year old cars(hopefully next week or so). The performance of the battery really isn't too big of a concern to me like it would be with some other people that race and whatnot. To be honest, the price is my biggest issue. But from the first link you gave in your original post, it looks like you've already got some killer deals so that's good! If you can do any better for a group buy you can sign me up(even if you can't, i'll probably get your batteries anyways). For what i'm doing I don't think the 4500 cells would be necessary, however i'd be interested in something like the 3800's. I guess if the 4500's were cheap enough I would go for them, but not at 35 bucks a pop. I'd rather have four 3800's than two 4500's. Or maybe if I could get some 4200's for a few bucks more than the 3800's would normally be i'd do that. So let me know when the group buy will be going on, how I can sign up, and what batteries will be eligible for the group buy. Thanks a lot!
Minipro

We are still in the process of working out group buys with RCU. I can't put a time line on it yet as we just started working with RCU. We may just offer a discount to RCU users as that may be a more viable route. We are also working on some new products currently. Ideally I'd like to offer the group buys or discounts when we get the newer products in the warehouse. I can't give details, but I can say that I think you guys will like the changes. I have 4 of the 3800 packs myself with the deans plugs. I like them alot, but I may be a little biased.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:41 PM
minipro

Sounds good, I can't wait to find out more. Hopefully sooner than later.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:03 PM
TenergyRep

I just had a meeting with the CEO. He was telling me about the new products. All I can say, is I can't wait till you guys get your hands on them. I've got a perma-grin just thinking about it.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:07 PM
pyro2

Brandon, mayhaps I'm an ijeet, but on you main web page under NiMH packs I can't find any sub c packs higher than 3800Mah, yet I know further back in this post you have links to 4200 and 4500's ...perhaps some web geek magic is needed to update it[&:] , or like I said earlier, I'm an Ijeet!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:17 PM
TenergyRep

ORIGINAL: pyro2

Brandon, mayhaps I'm an ijeet, but on you main web page under NiMH packs I can't find any sub c packs higher than 3800Mah, yet I know further back in this post you have links to 4200 and 4500's ...perhaps some web geek magic is needed to update it[&:] , or like I said earlier, I'm an Ijeet!
Which site are you at? All-Battery.com or TenergyBattery.com?

Here is the all-battery.com link:
http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...S&Category=157
Old 06-29-2007, 05:25 PM
pyro2

Well now, that would explain that.... yup! I'm an IJEET!!![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 06-29-2007, 05:29 PM
TenergyRep

ORIGINAL: pyro2

Well now, that would explain that.... yup! I'm an IJEET!!![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
No problem we all have our moments. When my boss came in to talk to me a few minutes ago I was in photoshop world making banners, he wanted to see a excel spreadsheet I had made. All of the sudden it was like I had never used a computer before. Seriously he looked at me like "Are sure you know what you are doing?"
Old 06-30-2007, 11:56 PM
minipro

Bump for more attention.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:14 PM
TenergyRep

I have news for Lipo users. Tenergy(all-battery.com) is offering 20% off of all LiPos for RCU users. Just Enter the code Lispecial in the shopping cart to receive the deal. For those of us running NiMh (yes I work for a battery company and I run NiMh) I'll have something really special for us also in the near future. Believe me its worth waiting for.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Hey TenergyRep, when are the SxS packs coming out?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:25 PM
TenergyRep

ORIGINAL: Yub, yub, cmdr!

Hey TenergyRep, when are the SxS packs coming out?
Hey Yub, we are currently working on a complete reorganization of our RC lines. We have gaps, like the SxS packs, that need to filled. When we get the whole process finished I'm 100% positive that you guys will be excited about what it is we have to offer.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:56 PM
yellowfuzzle

Any progress on that group discount?

The battery packs look good. Next time I am buying batts I'll head to your site. I have a friend who might need some soon, too.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
TenergyRep

Not at the moment Fuzzle. You can use the code "independence" to get a discount and I think free shipping, the code should still be valid. If not try "Tenergydeals". This one is good for free shipping. Also if you order by 2 PM pacific time your in stock order will ship today.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:42 PM
yellowfuzzle

Wow fast response. Thanks for the codes.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:51 PM
TenergyRep

ORIGINAL: yellowfuzzle

Wow fast response. Thanks for the codes.
Thats what I'm here for.[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.