Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

wheels wobble

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:04 PM
ryin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheels wobble

i have a traxxas rustler and when i lift up when hold the throttle, the rear wheels wobble back and forth a lot, there seems to be play between the drive shaft and where the wheel connects, this space seems to be the problem because when i put pressure on the rim toward the body this vibration disappears. is there better driveshafts or ujoints i can get to eliminate this shake?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:13 PM
SavageX78

Default RE: wheels wobble

Its not the shafts its the bushings. You need to replace them with bearings. You also need to get rpm carriers so you can use 5x11 bearing.

I do believe i posted this info in your other thread yesterday or the day before.

If you were to take off a back wheel you can see where the post that the tire is bolted to is coming out. Rite in that carrier traxxas has bushings. By adding the rpm carriers and some 5x11 bearings it will perform better and be more durable.

Edit: if you dont have the dough for the rpm carriers then just get 8 5x8 bearings and replace the bushings in the front and rear with the bearings
Old 06-25-2007, 06:51 PM
ryin

ahh ok sounds good
Old 06-25-2007, 07:12 PM
jimroad471

I hear the RPM carriers are bulkier and hold larger bearings which translates to more stability. OEM bushing or bearings, I believe is 5x8 whereas RPM's require a 5x11 bearing which is bigger and better........
Old 06-25-2007, 07:47 PM
chopndroptx

Yes the stock bushing go out quickly, and RPM is a better coice with 5x11 bearings. But your stub axles can also cause this with the RPM carriers, the metal shafts will eventually snap out of the plastic yoke. But you probably wont have to worry about that until you go brushless.

You can buy the steel yokes and modify them to make steel stub axles, just a tip for future problems.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Thorough Hobbyist

I use RPM bearing carriers and there is still a slight wobble. I was told it's the plastic hex hubs and at this point of a little wobble I'm told it's normal and will affect only the most precise driving on smooth road. Of course I have a Stampede so it's not really an issue.