Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

novak sintered rotor

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Vic Nyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default novak sintered rotor

if anyone has upgraded their novak brushless motors to the new sintered rotor, please report your findings. THANKS
Old 07-01-2007, 03:09 PM
SS Pede

Default RE: novak sintered rotor

I recently upgraded my SS5800 with the sintered rotor. I haven't run it extensively yet, but it seems that even geared a tooth up on the pinion it pulls just as hard as with the old rotor did. I have no way of measuring it, but they say the sintered rotor improves efficiency and helps lower temps a bit. Overall I'd recommend the upgrade, though I haven't used the new rotor enough to really tell for sure how big the difference is.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

You can get a good deal on it here- https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=NOV5923
Old 07-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Novak2

ORIGINAL: Vic Nyce

if anyone has upgraded their novak brushless motors to the new sintered rotor, please report your findings. THANKS
Vic, which motor are you planning to upgrade?

The original Velociti motors only require the purchase of the rotor itself, not the upgrade kit.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:36 PM
ftt4maniac

I put it in my 6.5, It has a bunch more torque, it does run cooler and i have noticed an increase in run time. Plus the added fact the sintered rotor will not explode like the original ones have done ruining your motor and possibly speed control.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Vic Nyce

thanks for the input. i plan on putting it in my 4.5R. a friend of mine wants to put it in his ss5800. i understand that with the 5800 he would need to get the kit with the upgraded endbell and rotor.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:40 AM
paperclip

I have the new gtb system which has the sintered rotor already in it an dit also has the ribbed can to get rid of heat better, but as far as the sintered rotor goes I think that the upgrade is worth the 40 bucks.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Evader-Revo master

I have it in 5.5R motor without the sintered upgrade. Have difference??? I want torque for drag racing. I need to change battery for more power?? I have one 1500 mah when I run my car the battery comes extreme hot[X(]
Old 08-13-2007, 10:43 PM
BanditMonster

The 3.5r with the sintered rotor has crazy amount of torque..it is pullin' wheelies on my bandit with a 8.4 drive ratio using 6 sub-c cells.

I tried the sintered rotor in the 6.5r, and it has even more noticeable power, and if I remember correctly, significantly lower running temperatures with certain gearing.

Also:
The kv is slightly decreased with this rotor, however the power has a significant increase, to where you can use that power towards higher gearing, to yield even faster speeds.

Their new rotor, the 13mm tuning rotor... seems it will have even MORE power with it's larger diameter, and will further lower the temperature of the ESC, and the motor, perhaps the batteries as well.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Evader-Revo master

oh, ok I thinks to buy the new rotor for now, is more cheap that buy a whole new motor.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Vic Nyce

so i had a problem with my 4.5R. novak sent me a new one with the SR already in it. while i was at it, i also threw on their accessory heat sink. [PITA!!] i am shocked at how cool the motor is. I'm not exaggerating. just confirming what others have said in their SR testimonials. i was skeptical at first but im a believer now. I'm sure the big ass heat sink has a hand in how cool my motor was but damn, i couldn't believe how cool the SOB was. power was equally as incredible. from a dig, my car actually layed down 2 strips of rubber about a foot long. [try that nitro!] i wish i had taken a pic. i couldnt believe it lol. highly recommended. new 13mm SR available now?? oh boyy
Old 08-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Slo-V Flyer

To give you an idea, our Bandit with the original sintered 3.5R rotor geared for top speed (reached 55+mph) 25/78 using 6-cell IBs etc, still manages to jerk the front end up if the tires hook up, and STILL the motor only reaches 130'F after constant running, other geared 23/84 etc, it barely touches 120'F. All this in 85-90+'F weather.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Vic Nyce

its awesome aint it. how bout you batts and esc? do they get hot? my esc is pretty freakin cool to the touch also. my batts [lipo] remain cool also. i thought hi power low voltage setups are supposed to run hot?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Yeah I don't get it.... Even geared tall my 3.5R Bandit WILL pull wheelies, with friggin' 6-cell NIMH!!! And still go 50+mph.....For 15+ minutes...... Go figure..... And the motor stay <135'F , however the ESC without the fan will reach 160-ish 'F. My IB4200s stick pack reaches 140'F regularly. My DTX 3800 sxs only ever reaches 120'F...... !?!?!