Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

First Race!

Old 07-18-2007, 04:40 PM
-EXTRA-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Race!

Hey yall,i got my bk2 all ready to go,while i was getting brushes at my local track i heard they were having a race at my local track they said there's gonna be sponsors there im pretty exited this will be my first race hopefully i will do pretty well.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: First Race!

Good Luck[sm=thumbs_up.gif], and dont forget to have fun[8D]
Old 07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
-EXTRA-

thank's man,ill be nervous as mess though lol,i hope my buggy holds up the motor and ESC i mean,my ESC(intellispeed8T)is actin weird it will shut off for a second then i can hit throttle again is it mabey cause the battery was getting low?and i have no brake's i tried puttin the ABS on fast and it still didnt have any brake's.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Checkpointracer

Don't mean to be negitive but that no brake issue concers me, if you don't have any brakes you could crash into someone and could cause a pileup, so just make sure you know how to drive that thing with no brakes.

Good luck though.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

thank's man,ill be nervous as mess though lol,i hope my buggy holds up the motor and ESC i mean,my ESC(intellispeed8T)is actin weird it will shut off for a second then i can hit throttle again is it mabey cause the battery was getting low?and i have no brake's i tried puttin the ABS on fast and it still didnt have any brake's.
Dont be nervous because theres nothing to be nervous about. The brake ordeal should be ok as long as you can control it w/o brakes around hairpin turns. I use to race my pede at my lhs a few years back and I had a blast! Made it challenging because the truck is very tippy.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:17 PM
-EXTRA-

i understand your concern checkpoint it concerns me alittle aswell but i think i might be ok with how dusty andslippery the track is,i can slide around the turns.and thank's takedown ill try to calm myself down when i get there haha,when i bought my buggy it didnt come with a gear cover and i havent had the money or time to order one,will i be ok without one?
Old 07-18-2007, 05:18 PM
dirt101

If the bk2 is 2 wheel drive brakes dont matter. (sry I dont know what a bk2 is) Atleast for me on my rustler the only place the brakes help me is on concrete. They are too touchy on 2wd cars for me. I just turn and hope for the best.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Takedown

i understand your concern checkpoint it concerns me alittle aswell but i think i might be ok with how dusty andslippery the track is,i can slide around the turns.and thank's takedown ill try to calm myself down when i get there haha,when i bought my buggy it didnt come with a gear cover and i havent had the money or time to order one,will i be ok without one?
If you dont have a gear cover I dont think you can race. Its a hazard to the people on the tracks fingers. Open moving parts.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Checkpointracer

ORIGINAL: Takedown

If you dont have a gear cover I dont think you can race. Its a hazard to the people on the tracks fingers. Open moving parts.

And also dirt could get caught in the pinion and spur and that would be bad.[:'(]
Old 07-18-2007, 05:29 PM
-EXTRA-

Man now that suck's ill have to order one then i hope it will be here by saturday?im having to order to from Losipartshouse.com i cant find one anywhere else for a bk2.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Takedown

Man now that suck's ill have to order one then i hope it will be here by saturday?im having to order to from Losipartshouse.com i cant find one anywhere else for a bk2.
Tower has em- http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...er&FVPROFIL=++
Old 07-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Checkpointracer

You're going to have to get super fast air shipping and you'll be saved. But that shipping costs alot.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Takedown

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

You're going to have to get super fast air shipping and you'll be saved. But that shipping costs alot.
Probably around 10-15 bucks for next day air for the dust cover from tower.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Checkpointracer

ORIGINAL: Takedown

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

Probably around 10-15 bucks for next day air for the dust cover from tower.

Oh yeah parts express from tower.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:40 PM
-EXTRA-

aww they do have them but i dont have the money to get next day shippin the race cost 20$ i only have enough for the gear cover+ regular shippin and the race is there any alternative that would fit that my LHS might have?
Old 07-18-2007, 05:55 PM
-EXTRA-

ok guy's i just talked to the LHS to see if they had a gear cover and they said no but i dont NEED one so i was like awesome i know i need to get one and ill still order one,but atleast i can still race ,im running 12/51 gearing and my bottom end aint as good as it could be and i cant go to a lower tooth pinion without going to a higher spur,is it just the motor or is there anyway i can get better bottom end?im running a 9T trinity.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Takedown

Only do that once and get a gear cover as soon as possible. Best if before your 2nd race.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:04 PM
-EXTRA-

im def. gonna do that takedown.i hope my batter will get me threw my race i think it will its a venom 1800mah nicd.i know its nicd but my nimh is deans connectors and i run tamiya at the moment(gonna switch to deans asap)but should i go ahead and cut the batterys wires and change to tamiya or just charge 2 1800's?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:23 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the 9t and 1800, your buggy might not last the whole race depending on how long it is. You'd better hope it only 5 min quals and mains. As far as the Deans you should go Deans all around.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:31 PM
-EXTRA-

I want to but ill have to wait till after the race,ill just use my dads 3000mah nimh venom and 2 1800s that should last ill bring the charger with me just incase.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:54 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea bring the charger! Bring everything thats RC related to the race. EVERYTHING.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 PM
-EXTRA-

ooh ok thank's for the advice ill bring all my batterys and chargers then
Old 07-18-2007, 08:52 PM
-EXTRA-

another ? im going to the LHS tomorrow to register for the race and i wanted to pick up some gear's..i have a 12 tooth pinion and a 51 tooth spur on my 9turn motor which i just now found out the spur gear is really high for top end..anyways i found out i need something around a 72-78 and i was asking which spur gear should i pick up for the best bottom end but still decent top end and what pinion?i have a 12 tooth and a 15 tooth.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:04 PM
SS5800EvADer

good luck

the XXX wont disapoint u

on my 1st race i chewed gum it really helped my nervousness
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
-EXTRA-

thank's ss5800 appreciate the advice good thing i just got a new pack of gum then ..bad new's My LHS didnt have the gear's i needed i was gonna get a 48P 12T pinion and 78T spur i have a 32P 12T pinion and 51T spur now..i have OK bottom and not the greatest but will i get around the track ok?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.