Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

I have few questions about Twin Detonator

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I have few questions about Twin Detonator

Well, some motors w/ advanced timing are reversible.. so you can reverse the rotation on those motors.. so not a problem..

You don't really need 0-time motors.. just need one that's reversible, IF you insist on advanced timing..

Yeah, I have a few BL setups.. wa!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Grantothismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right again - man I feel like an idiot - Don't answer.

Yes - if you get motors that have adjustable timing that will work. I guess you don't want FIXED timing motors - like a Monster Stock or something like that.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Lunchboxer

LOL, come on man.. I know you knew the answer..
Old 07-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Grantothismo

Not that it matters.

But I left the MSC in mine when I first bought my Twin Dagger(Same as a Twin Detonator) and made a pig tail to make 14.4 on the silver cans. I had to strap the extra battery to the top of the frame rail to get it work - ugly - but it worked.

I thought - MAN - this thing is going to fly. Pulled hard on the trigger and snapped the left front bone and the right rear instantly. Kinda forgot that with an MSC - when you go full throttle - it is full trottle - NOW. Anyways, got the new dogbones and ran it in this configuration for awhile, bending and breaking dogbones. There was so much power in them little silver cans that it would just flip on its lid - that is if I didn't break the dogbones.

Then I just got some Orions 17t -cheapies - an a Super Rooster and was actually a much better truck with one pack. But it was fun to try the 14.4.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Lunchboxer

14.4V would be kind of heavy on that truck.. it is not a huge truck..

Would work well on a TXT, though!! Certainly has plenty of space for dual packs!!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:02 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Once you get a new chassis to run 14.4v,and widen it, the truck is pretty good and has a super low cog. My truggy td is still unfinished. If I plan to finish it (after I rebuild the hotshot and df02) I need to get some nice metal cutting blades for my scroll saw and plan something wild