Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

What am i doing? needen some advise.. Brushed or brushless on a custom car

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What am i doing? needen some advise.. Brushed or brushless on a custom car

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What am i doing? needen some advise.. Brushed or brushless on a custom car

The motor being close to the ESC should not be doing that, but the rx being close to any of the power wires can. Also your chassis is metal tubing, so that might be causing some issues as well, but I'm don't know for sure how that would work.

Try moving your ESC away anyway and see if that goes away.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
steven16

Default RE: What am i doing? needen some advise.. Brushed or brushless on a custom car

i fixed the wires and it went away i guess the current not being so direct was causeing it and also the wires were to close but the motor is still jerky on take of is that from it drawing to much current from the esc becuase the esc shouldnt work with this motor its not suppost to be able to handle a 15 turn or at least i dont think it should
Old 07-30-2007, 03:56 PM
NitroNuisance

Hey looks awesome. I suppose I'd need some kind of specs for that. I actually only whant a 2 or 3 point roll bar/handle to protect the head and motor cause I run the body low and I have an oversized cooling head on it. I am looking for something like this, I could even do the grunt work of polishing it. This is what I had in mind http://www.beatyourtruck.com/project-jumpmaxx.html I'd pay for materials and shiping, but I suppose if I paid to much for your time I mite as well just order one of these. But I like to have custom stuff, and I'd give you the props and some more bragging rights! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:26 PM
steven16

no problem man i can make you one easy all you would pay is shipping and a bit extra for the work the materials i can pay for and i can polish it up cuz i have the stuff to do it u mite have to go out and buy stuff to clean it up so i would just save u in the long run all i need is some specs i could probly go to my hobby shop and just see the truck there because its easyer if i see it in person

also i made a fan shroud for the buggy to keep it cool also from stainless but from a sheet of it and polished up it lookes great ill take some pics later