Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
worth only <$350.00
70.00%
worth only <$450.00
10.00%
worth $500.00+
20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Tamiya High Lift please help!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Haulin Azz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya High Lift please help!! :(

Mods- i am not selling in the forums.

I am wondering what a complete put together and running High-Lift is worth, It has futaba servos(standard for shifting, and high torque metal gear for the steering. The radio is the Futaba Attack 4wd radio. Stock motor, and tamiya teu-101 esc. The truck is finished and runs great, i just need money for one of my real vehicles. The body is still white and ran once, i have been running it with an origional 1987 clod body that has some blemishes. It comes rtr with both bodies, original box, all extras, radio box, and a 3300mah battery and peak charger. Question is what can i get out of all this? None of it has been painted, decals still on decal sheet. Spent over 20 hours on assembly, making shure it went together right! Used thread lock and grease everywhere it was needed. It is an awesome and fun truck but i just need money bad.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:36 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Default RE: Tamiya High Lift please help!! :(

ORIGINAL: Haulin Azz

Mods- i am not selling in the forums.

I am wondering what a complete put together and running High-Lift is worth, It has futaba servos(standard for shifting, and high torque metal gear for the steering. The radio is the Futaba Attack 4wd radio. Stock motor, and tamiya teu-101 esc. The truck is finished and runs great, i just need money for one of my real vehicles. The body is still white and ran once, i have been running it with an origional 1987 clod body that has some blemishes. It comes rtr with both bodies, original box, all extras, radio box, and a 3300mah battery and peak charger. Question is what can i get out of all this? None of it has been painted, decals still on decal sheet. Spent over 20 hours on assembly, making shure it went together right! Used thread lock and grease everywhere it was needed. It is an awesome and fun truck but i just need money bad.
Add up everything you have in the truck and cut that in half. Thats about what a used RC is worth.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Haulin Azz

well with everything and atleast $150 in labor (over 20 hours of work, like 23 or somethin) i came up with a little over $1,000.00 so i guess i might be able to get $500.00?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Labor?! LOL...

Good luck man! Hope you get what you ask for! Might get lucky w/ eBay!!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:18 PM
x2o

Yeah, you don't add labor on a used RC sale, it's a hobby, so the buyer will have no problem assembling himself. I'd say you can pull 400-500 if lucky. Put it up on eBay, hope for the best.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you can add labor if you put on a professional grade paint job.. (primer, paint, wet sand, paint, wet sand, paint, wet sand, clear coat, clear coat, clear coat.. !)

General assembly usually does not add value.. (usually decrease it..)

But like I said, you never know.. eBay is an interesting place.. as long as there's ONE person in the world who wants to pay top dollar for it, that's all it matters!!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:46 PM
x2o

Yeah but that wouldn't really be considered assembly labor, It would be more just paying for the custom paint job.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

The only thing you can do is put it on ebay and see what it goes for. To be honest I've seen ones that were pretty highly customized yet still didn't go for $500.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:31 PM
NitroNuisance

honestly I think you'd be lucky to get $350-400 for it. Used RC's are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately all the work and mods we do to these things doesn't usually do much for the value unless you find someone who knows what they are really buying. Besides putting it togeather and getting the satisfaction of taking it out for the first time is "priceless".
Old 07-29-2007, 09:33 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This tamiya kit has no collectable value since it is still readily available. Anyone can buy a complete setup for around $600 still new in the package. Unless you find the right su.....er......person, it's only worth about $350 as "nearly new".
Old 07-29-2007, 09:40 PM
symbios24

high lift is tough but you need a tough fortune too to have it rtr