Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

This has been asked many times B4

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:40 PM
E-King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This has been asked many times B4

Butttt.................which batteries to get i don't care whats hot i just want to know what has good run times and is affordable and also have quite a punch of power
Old 08-02-2007, 07:46 PM
rvogster

Default RE: This has been asked many times B4

Pretty much anything with IB4200 cells in it is considered the best right now. They can be a little pricey though.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:49 PM
saleens7

the thing with IB4200's is they self discharge if let to sit too long (i think it was 2 weeks)....
Old 08-02-2007, 07:52 PM
E-King

see thats my thing i had bout 6 IB4200 and i got real busy and i left them uncharged and they all drained completely and won't recharge now so i won't really want those anymore
Old 08-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Lumpmister

No offense, but if you know it has been ansered many times then y not just search...

But yea the IB4200 are the best

If you are on a budget Tenergy also makes great batteries!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:48 PM
rvogster

ORIGINAL: saleens7

the thing with IB4200's is they self discharge if let to sit too long (i think it was 2 weeks)....
I have heard this before but I'm just curious... Are IB4200's more prone to this than other NiMH batteries? If so then why are they more prone to this than other NiMH batteries?
Old 08-02-2007, 09:20 PM
saleens7

ORIGINAL: rvogster

ORIGINAL: saleens7

I have heard this before but I'm just curious... Are IB4200's more prone to this than other NiMH batteries? If so then why are they more prone to this than other NiMH batteries?
im not so sure, but i would guess it was something in the chemistry of the cell....i guess something in it causes it to self discharge....they also have a 25% faliure rate, but most of the time the companies who buy the cells and build the packs get rid of the bad ones...yes, IB4200's are more prone to this than most other batts...the IB3600 is a great cell though...may have less mah, but you could leave these sit for a month and it would barely loose any capacity....there are other good cells out there too though
Old 08-03-2007, 11:13 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All nimh batteries self-discharge at a few percent per day of disuse. It's not a problem if you check the voltage occasionally and charge them right before you plan to use them. That said, most of the newer cells seem to be a bit "fragile" compared to the good old GP3300 and 3700 cells in my observations.