Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Best Electric MT for "InFront of House" Bashing and jumping??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Best Electric MT for "InFront of House" Bashing and jumping??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:17 PM
UNITED RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Electric MT for "InFront of House" Bashing and jumping??

Everyone,

I am looking to purchase an electric MT for bashing around the house, and jumping into the grass. It appears that the two main contenders are the Traxxas E-Maxx and the HPI E-Savage. After reading this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_55..._1/key_/tm.htm

I am leaning towards the E-Savage due to what seems to be a better performing truck out of the box.

However, I have a history of E-Maxx's and T-Maxx's so I am partial to the looks, and the aftermarket upgrades and support.

For those of you who have owned both, or one or the other, which truck would you recommend for my needs? Driving on payment, grass, jumping curbs and a ramp into the grass? In the future, I will go to a Lipo pack solution, and then later to a BL setup. Thank you, I appreciate it.

URC
Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Bayou_flyer

Default RE: Best Electric MT for "InFront of House" Bashing and jumping??

i LIKE MY E-MAXX HAVE NOT HAD A HPI PRODUCT AS OF YET BUT THEY SEEM COOL THERE IS ALSO THE 1/12 WHEELY KING THAT IS ON MY WISH LIST
Old 08-06-2007, 01:24 PM
UNITED RC

ORIGINAL: Bayou_flyer

i LIKE MY E-MAXX HAVE NOT HAD A HPI PRODUCT AS OF YET BUT THEY SEEM COOL THERE IS ALSO THE 1/12 WHEELY KING THAT IS ON MY WISH LIST
Bayou Flyer,

Thanks for the feedback...I dont want to go anything smaller...it will flip around to much. I have a ton of 18th scale stuff, even the Team VTX 16th scale nitro truggy...but it is not a "jumper". I like the E-Maxx...it had a ton susension travel.

Any others here??? Anyone have either or both???
Old 08-06-2007, 04:37 PM
LiL Richy

You could get a revo roller and make it a e-revo or just buy a e-revo. OR even a electron lst2.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:34 PM
UNITED RC

ORIGINAL: LiL Richy

You could get a revo roller and make it a e-revo or just buy a e-revo. OR even a electron lst2.
Those all sounds nice...but wont the revo roller/e-revo be more expensive?

I have not heard about the electron LST2......do you have info on this one? link?

I have heard great things about the LST2 regarding durability and performance.

Thx
Old 08-06-2007, 05:39 PM
LiL Richy

yeah e-revo will be more expensive, but it will be sick.

http://www.finedesignrc.com/rccaraction8-06.htm electric lst2 i think. Search google
Old 08-06-2007, 05:39 PM
04DarkShadowGT

In general people who have e-maxxes will say e-maxx and those with e-savages will say savage. Look at them both if possible and make your pick. I have had both and prefer the maxx. People say e-maxxes are fragile, well I dont buy it. Mine has been extremely tough. I think it looks better, has better part support if it does break, tons of hop-ups, I think the chassis is laid out better, and the battery holders for the e-savage are a pain imo.

But if all you want is something to bash around the front yard and jump off ramps. Check out the stampede. Its extremely durable and a great jumper but its only 2wd.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:49 PM
kimberklr

have ya thought about a electric stampede?

since purchasing my elec. pede's my tmaxx dont get near the use it use to.

they are a riot to bash around with and with a few minor upgrades they are really tough.

i went to the camp ground this past weekend with my pede's and was delighted to hear a nitro in the back ground.i went over and it was some form of buggy but after about a 1/2 hr of me running around him with my brushless pede i think he was going shpping when he got home. lol
Old 08-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

E-revo- http://home.comcast.net/~milemarkers/E-Revo.htm
Old 08-06-2007, 10:26 PM
NitroNuisance

I have a T-Maxx and love it. But what I suggest you do is get whatever your local hobby shop has more parts for. Because you will break stuff no matter which one you get if you are bashing like they are ment to do. I really whanted the DTX Warhead EVO but I whent with the T-Maxx because my LHS had almost anything you need for a T-Maxx. So if you break something you can just go and get the replacement part instead of ordering it and having the truck sitting on the shelf waiting for parts. Same with upgrading, if you have extra money you can go and pick a part to upgrade. I know these are Nitro trucks but the same logic applies to elactric.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:36 AM
UNITED RC

All Good points guys.....damn I am torn now!

Traxxas is ALL OVER THE PLACE (shops and support).

Quick question....this could be the maker/breaker: If I plan on just running on the street (payment, and short grass), would my Mamba max BL System (5700kv motor and ESC) work in the E-Maxx?

If not..what would be a good "value/budget" BL motor that would work?

Thanks