Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

SCHUMACHER MENACE GTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
NitroNuisance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCHUMACHER MENACE GTR

Would a SCHUMACHER MENACE GTR be to much car for my mamba max 5700kv? The guy selling it said he ran a 7700 with 2s lipos in it, and it flew. But it's a 1/8 scale car. Also are parts available for this? it sounds like it's a nitro conversion. Oh and it's a 3 speed? Would I burn my Mamba Max up? Also what do you guys think it's worth? This is it! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=017

Old 08-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: SCHUMACHER MENACE GTR

ORIGINAL: NitroNuisance

Would a SCHUMACHER MENACE GTR be to much car for my mamba max 5700kv? The guy selling it said he ran a 7700 with 2s lipos in it, and it flew. But it's a 1/8 scale car. Also are parts available for this? it sounds like it's a nitro conversion. Oh and it's a 3 speed? Would I burn my Mamba Max up? Also what do you guys think it's worth? This is it! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=017

I think it would work just fine but you wouldnt want to get the MM7700 or the MM6900 because of the fact of how big the GTR is and becuase its a 3 speed. Id try the MM5700 at most. For a 3 speed the 5700 I think would be perfect. Keep an eye on temps, gear it right and you'll definetly be happy with its speed and preformance. I'd also look into the Feigao L series motors such as the 9l. It would be a perfect match.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:03 PM
NitroNuisance

I allready have the 5700 in a highly hopped up bandit.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 PM
NitroNuisance

I'm just worried about the weight and the 3 speed tranny. He said it has a special pinion for that crazy spur. I know how touchy the MM's are with gearing=thermals.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Takedown

I'm just worried about the weight and the 3 speed tranny. He said it has a special pinion for that crazy spur. I know how touchy the MM's are with gearing=thermals.
Come to think of it dont get a mamba motor. They are way to sensitive to heat. Go for the Feigao L series for sure. I think this will be perfect for you matched with a mamba max esc- https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=2030
Old 08-08-2007, 01:46 AM
NitroNuisance

I allready have the Mamba Max 5700kv system and running it. I love it. So far doesn't get that hot unless I run 12 cells, and it's the batterys that get hot. I ordered a Maxamps 3s 5000hv 20s lipo and it will be expressed shipped tomorrow. I ordered it almost 3 weeks ago though[:@] I do not reccomend MaxAmps to anybody they custom build all there batterys fresh. The guy said the day I ordered it it takes 2 days to make it. I finally called them 2 weeks later because they wouldn't reply to my e-mail and they said they just shipped it. I called them again today after they wouldn't respond to my e-mail again and he said I've got it right here and we'll mail it out tomorrow? If I wasn't in such a hurry to get it I would have told him to go @#$& yourself and refund me my money.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Takedown

I allready have the Mamba Max 5700kv system and running it. I love it. So far doesn't get that hot unless I run 12 cells, and it's the batterys that get hot. I ordered a Maxamps 3s 5000hv 20s lipo and it will be expressed shipped tomorrow. I ordered it almost 3 weeks ago though[:@] I do not reccomend MaxAmps to anybody they custom build all there batterys fresh. The guy said the day I ordered it it takes 2 days to make it. I finally called them 2 weeks later because they wouldn't reply to my e-mail and they said they just shipped it. I called them again today after they wouldn't respond to my e-mail again and he said I've got it right here and we'll mail it out tomorrow? If I wasn't in such a hurry to get it I would have told him to go @#$& yourself and refund me my money.
You could try it but i doubt the motor will accept the weight and the 3 speed.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Big House

How much weight over your standard touring car are we talking? And they have threads showing a GTRe converted to a two speed. I did not look to see if they had a one speed conversion. It is a lovely kit and is probably the closest thing to wrangling the power of a 7700 MM and making ti managable.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:03 PM
NitroNuisance

ORIGINAL: Big House

How much weight over your standard touring car are we talking? And they have threads showing a GTRe converted to a two speed. I did not look to see if they had a one speed conversion. It is a lovely kit and is probably the closest thing to wrangling the power of a 7700 MM and making ti managable.
I don't have a touring car yet. The Mamba Max is in a Bandit with a bunch of upgrades.