Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Just purchased an E-savage.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Druff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased an E-savage.

Is there anything i need to do to this thing before i start to bash with it? I can't believe how fast it is. It wheelies on demand.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:09 PM
escrowdog

Default RE: Just purchased an E-savage.

Oh man...I want one!!!

What is the size of the truck compared to a Stampede? I've still not seen one in person, but a guy at my LHS said it was smaller than the Emaxx?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:12 PM
kdz76

Not sure if the E savage is anything like the e maxx but with traxxas electrics they say to run 2 batteries through it only going to 50% throttle to seat brush's best thing to do is check the manual with it or check out www.hpiracing.com for the manual. Just for curiosity I am going to go there and check for myself.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:20 PM
kdz76

Well was able to find the manual here http://www.rcdocuments.com/HPI_E-Savage_Manual.pdf and there is nothing about a break in procedure for the electrics so it appears to a bash out of the box type of truck
Old 08-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Druff1

Well i orderd it form Tower thinking it was going to be the same size as my nitro Savage. The only difference seems to be the wheel size is a little smaller. I took it to the local track today and it did very well. It had no problem clearing all the doubles and cornered pretty good. It never rolled when cornering at high speeds. The suspension just seemed to soak it up.

I let my 5 year old son drive it and he loves it.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Druff1

Well i orderd it form Tower thinking it was going to be the same size as my nitro Savage. The only difference seems to be the wheel size is a little smaller. I took it to the local track today and it did very well. It had no problem clearing all the doubles and cornered pretty good. It never rolled when cornering at high speeds. The suspension just seemed to soak it up.

I let my 5 year old son drive it and he loves it.
The E-savage and N-savage share no parts at all. The E-savage was originally the Hot Bodies E-zilla, which HPI owns Hot Bodies.

The E-savage and E-maxx are both great trucks, the maxx is a bit bigger and a pound or two heavier.