Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

zx5 vs sb v2 pro vs b44 witch is better ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:45 AM
junebug48
My Feedback: (138)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zx5 vs sb v2 pro vs b44 witch is better ?

[8D]hi . i was wondering witch of the 3 is better and why . i am concidering getting one of these zx5 the kit,sb v2 pro,b44 . i have a losi xxx-4 and am selling it that's why that one is not on the list . i also have a sb pro and like it but i want a newer buggy so please post your thought's . thank's .
Old 08-15-2007, 07:00 AM
brushlessboy16

Default RE: zx5 vs sb v2 pro vs b44 witch is better ?

I have expireience with the MRC product line (both versions of the sb)none of the cars are good bashers because there issnt any front kickub and the arms break alot.... or maybe its the mailbox posts that try to attack the car!!lol
Old 08-15-2007, 04:46 PM
junebug48

[8D]hi . i never bash only race lol . doe's anyone have any of the car and race them and if so can you tell me what you think is the best of the 3 and if so why ? please lmk . thank's .
Old 08-15-2007, 05:14 PM
wfdfiremedic

I had a zx-5. It was very nice, but imo requires some upgrades. P&N makes alum front and rear shock tower supports which are nice. The stock plastic ones can snap on hard landings. Remember too that kyosho uses a 12mm hex which means that it is not compatible with rims you already have. The shocks on the car were awesome!! Kyosho does a great job with them. The ones on the RB5 are supposed to be even better. All and all it was a great car and is priced fairly reasonable compared. It does lack some of the fancier materials utilized in the tamiya and sbv2 pro though. I also snapped the front shock tower too, but you can get carbon fiber ones from a main hobbies, which are supposed to be stronger. I bought the car used on ...tech. You can find some pretty nice 4wd buggies on there for a good deal.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:33 PM
cheech4

i say get the B44 if its anything like the 2wd b4 buggy and the j concepts then it will be a great buggy all around. of the list i say b44.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:25 AM
junebug48

ORIGINAL: wfdfiremedic

I had a zx-5. It was very nice, but imo requires some upgrades. P&N makes alum front and rear shock tower supports which are nice. The stock plastic ones can snap on hard landings. Remember too that kyosho uses a 12mm hex which means that it is not compatible with rims you already have. The shocks on the car were awesome!! Kyosho does a great job with them. The ones on the RB5 are supposed to be even better. All and all it was a great car and is priced fairly reasonable compared. It does lack some of the fancier materials utilized in the tamiya and sbv2 pro though. I also snapped the front shock tower too, but you can get carbon fiber ones from a main hobbies, which are supposed to be stronger. I bought the car used on ...tech. You can find some pretty nice 4wd buggies on there for a good deal.

[8D]hi . i do like the look's of the kyosho zx-5 and do see alot of up-grade's for it and am leaning more toward's that car . thank's for the info .
Old 08-16-2007, 06:31 AM
junebug48

ORIGINAL: cheech4

i say get the B44 if its anything like the 2wd b4 buggy and the j concepts then it will be a great buggy all around. of the list i say b44.

[8D]hi . the only thing that i do not like about the b44 is the nukle's in the front they are king pin not c-hub . other than that i like the buggy but i am a kyosho fan lol . thank's .
Old 08-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Checkpointracer

ORIGINAL: cheech4

I second that. Resonably priced too.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Davey G

ORIGINAL: brushlessboy16

I have expireience with the MRC product line (both versions of the sb)none of the cars are good bashers because there issnt any front kickub and the arms break alot.... or maybe its the mailbox posts that try to attack the car!!lol

Of course our cars have kickup? The sb series had very little but the V2 Series has 10 degrees of kickup with 7 degrees on the castor block? Mailbox posts?? HUH?

The V2 pro is all around a great car, and it costs less then the competition. Diggitydesigns makes after market parts for it, and you can purchase them at Stormerhobbies and Amainhobbies. More and more hobby stores are signing up with MRC just to stock this vehicle.

All 3 cars listed above you cant go wrong with.