Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Raven ST

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Frozen72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raven ST

I'm thinking about getting the Raven ST as my first 1/10 scale car. I want to get the Raven ST because it comes with a battery and is very cheap. The main thing holding me back is the fact that there is no ball diff or CVD's listed for it. I've heard that it's a lot like the XXX-T so could I use those parts from it or more?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: Raven ST

ORIGINAL: Frozen072

I'm thinking about getting the Raven ST as my first 1/10 scale car. I want to get the Raven ST because it comes with a battery and is very cheap. The main thing holding me back is the fact that there is no ball diff or CVD's listed for it. I've heard that it's a lot like the XXX-T so could I use those parts from it or more?

Thanks in advance
You might want to look into the evader bx also. It looks like a nice buggy and if i had the cash i'd get it.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Frozen72

I don't know about the Evader I've heard that there not that durable.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Oops I meant the Raven BX.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Frozen72

I'd rather get the ST, I like how it looks and the wider front tires.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:38 PM
cheech4

i have had 2 evaders and i would put my evader ST up against any other truck out there, in handling and speed. maybe i am lucky but i have not broken alot of parts on my evaders and i have bashed with it pretty hard. lastly i would take an evader over a raven anyday, just my 2 cents.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:42 PM
NitroNuisance

I'm not sure about the ball diffs or compatibility with the triple x t's but this thing looks like a pretty good deal to me. I like the fact that it's got aluminum shocks, a metal motor mount, and it looks like it allready has metal dogbone cvd's. Unless the picture that I seen was allready hopped up. http://www.*********.org/sportwerks-raven.htm And if it is allready hopped up then those parts are out there somewhere. I might consider one of these.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Frozen72

ORIGINAL: cheech4

i have had 2 evaders and i would put my evader ST up against any other truck out there, in handling and speed. maybe i am lucky but i have not broken alot of parts on my evaders and i have bashed with it pretty hard. lastly i would take an evader over a raven anyday, just my 2 cents.
How hard were you bashing, I plan on jumping 5 feet max most of the time less?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:06 AM
Wevie

I have a Raven that I bought because it was a good deal, used, from my nephew. I didn't need another truck, but he needed a little $$, so.....

My opinion:

Crap.

If you get one, be sure to get a few transmission gear packs and always keep one on hand. My slipper will occasionally sieze up for no reason and then the tranny gears are gone. Even if the slipper doesn't sieze, a rough landing and the plastic tranny gears are gone.

The Tazer ESC hasn't given me any problems, but I haven't tried pushing it beyond a Venom 3000 pack. Also, there isn't a reverse lock out for racing.

The stock motor is OK for bashing, but it isn't anything spectacular.

Due to the tranny gear problems, I don't think upgrading to more motor or more battery is a good idea.

The unsealed non-ball type tranny doesn't allow for any diff tuning.

Finally, there is NO aftermarket for the truck. I don't know if anything else fits it, but there is nothing out there specifically for the Raven.

Mine has become my 4-yr-old son's truck. He enjoys ripping around the yard with it. I don't feel it is good for anything else.