Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

brushless revo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:43 PM
rchotrodz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless revo?

how well would a novak 6.5 hv set up (for the e-maxx) work for a revo?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Almighty ODST

Default RE: brushless revo?

It's probably the least powerful setup you can get for it and one of the more expensive setups.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:57 PM
brushlessboy16

get a mamba max and feigao 8xl
Old 08-18-2007, 12:20 AM
rchotrodz

where can I purchase a feigao motor at and price wise what am I looking to spend?
Old 08-18-2007, 02:30 AM
rschoi_75

Plan to spend about $200-230 on the motor and esc combo. I got my esc from [link=http://www.b-p-p.com]Bishop Power Products[/link] and my Feigao XL from [link=http://www.rc-monster.com]RC-Monster[/link]. Actually on this site, its called a Wanderer, but its the same motor. They also carry the 540c XL motors too (built in heatsink). You will also need a BEC for your build. rc-monster selld a good one.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 AM
happywing

ORIGINAL: Almighty ODST
It's probably the least powerful setup you can get for it and one of the more expensive setups.
I have to disagree with this. If you are into extreme speed for bashing, then yes, the HV is not the best choice. For racing, it's hard to beat. Nothing is smoother at low speeds and the top-speed is definitely race-worthy. I regularly beat nitros (by a lot) with my 6.5. As for expense, hard to say. You can get the Cadillac of motors (Neu) or settle for something less. Add $30.00 to the Feigao/MM system for an external BEC. The HV system has built in BEC. Really though, both the HV and MM/Feigao systems have weaknesses. The HV motors have a 1/8 shaft. That is their weakness. The Feigao motors fall apart. That is their weakness.
If you have the money, get the MM and a Neu motor.