Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Please please help me

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:11 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please please help me

i dont know what this guy did but my truck is really messed up. im running pretty much a stock rc10t3 and for some reason now. i dont have any controls. sometimes ill get wheel controls but then the back wheels go absolutly nuts.

futaba radio with futaba receiver and nomak esc
Old 08-22-2007, 11:35 PM
cossack71

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Please please help me

Charge the batteries.
And you may have to reprogram the ESC.

But since you said "...this guy did to my truck..." was it out of your area (like left it at a shop, or loaned it to a buddy) check to see if the crystals still match.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:39 PM
maxxdout

did you do the deal over rcu? If so , and if you think the guy ripped you off, post it in the market place questions or problem forum: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_63/tt.htm
Old 08-22-2007, 11:45 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

no what happend was i wanted to take my futaba radio and put it on my car and put my airtronics radio on my truck and he said he knew how. now all of a sudden both my car and my truck do not work. i dont know what he did.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:03 AM
mkoresh12

If all he did was swap crystals it wont work. Futaba crystals won't work with Airtronics and vice versa(atleast mine didn't). If you want to swap he should have swapped receivers entirely and if I remember right you might have to change servos as well since they have different connectors.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:33 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: mkoresh12

If all he did was swap crystals it wont work. Futaba crystals won't work with Airtronics and vice versa(atleast mine didn't). If you want to swap he should have swapped receivers entirely and if I remember right you might have to change servos as well since they have different connectors.
That's not true. As long as they are the same frequency (75mhz, 27mhz, etc) and are of the same band (AM, FM) they will work. What most likely happened in your situation is the frequency was different.

The servos will also work assuming he plugged them in correctly. Unfortunately it sounds to me like he may have plugged something in backwards and burned your receiver out. That's just a guess though.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 AM
mkoresh12

All I know is that my 3 set of crystals wont work in my airtronics tx/rx and works in the futaba. both 27 am systems. Anyway, you need to find out exactly what he did. Change it back and see if everything works again. If it doesn't something probably got damaged. If it works then something was probably just connected incorrectly.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

i got it all working. i baught a new futaba receiver and im using my futaba radio now. i also had to buy a new servo. when he tired ti get things working he fried the receiver and the servo. it was an easy and not so costly fix.

i learned so much today so i think that now if it breaks i can work on it myself. its all good to go now.

i wanted to know tho. the motor in my car has no name on it and it a 10 or 12 turn motor and it purple. does anyone here know what kind of motor that is??