Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

IM DONE

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 02:26 PM
swenson06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IM DONE

good idea
Old 08-25-2007, 05:33 PM
nucular

My 2600 mAh blew up on the lowest charge rate (1 amp) and they were probably half full when I started the charge.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Like half the cells on both of my venom 3000's expanded and vented, I didnt even realize it till they lost power, good thing they didnt blow!
Old 08-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Danju

ORIGINAL: swenson06

are you serious jesus!
what the heck was that for??????

....anyway, i once had my batt charger start smoking up....i think i over charged the nicad (and there was a lot of resistance between the plugs)....luckly, i was outside driving my other pack and my lil bro went in and smeeled seomting bad...he looked at my charger and it was smoking[:'(][:'(].....in the end, i dont think anuything broke....i dont know actaully....cuz after that, i ditched electrics and went nitro[8D][8D]
Old 08-25-2007, 08:32 PM
NitroNuisance

I have a prophet plus charger but it has 4-2-1 amp charge rates and I allways use 2 amps to charge my venom 3000's. I rebuilt my packs because I had problems with them false peaking or peaking late. Those packs are assembled very cheaply. They use like tinfoil instead of bars. I used deans - bars, noodle wire and plugs and they seem to be fine now. Allthough I only used them a couple times since I got my lipo's. Thats scary though since I have the same packs and charger. My charger must be a different model though, it doesn't say lcd or whatever. It is just the regular dynamite prophet plus. I would definately contact both venom and dynamite and let them know what happened.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:37 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

All stick packs are assembled with foil vs. battery bars.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:43 PM
NitroNuisance

I didn't know that. It's the first pack I've ever disassembled. I guess that's another reason to get side by side packs.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:25 PM
swenson06

[quote]ORIGINAL: Danju

are you serious jesus!
what the heck was that for??????

because my house could have blown up![X(]
Old 08-25-2007, 09:28 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

ORIGINAL: NitroNuisance

I didn't know that. It's the first pack I've ever disassembled. I guess that's another reason to get side by side packs.
Yup, they have less resistance.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:02 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Timm125

I never heard of a Nimh blowing up before. I have the same Venom 3000 pack, and never had an issue. I use a superbrain 820 to charge it.

Were you using a charger that was intended for nimh packs(?), because they peak differently than nicd.
You bet your sack they'll blow up when improperly charged! any battery will. Man I remember "back in the day" when people were blasting NiMh because they're unsafe when improperly charged...same is happening with lipo now, and it'll happen with whatever crazy thing they have in 5 or 6 years and it'll be a nuclear explosion when the new ones come out:P
Old 08-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Timm125

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

in 5 or 6 years and it'll be a nuclear explosion when the new ones come out:P
Well, there's something to look forward to. [&o]
Old 08-26-2007, 09:08 PM
kdz76

ORIGINAL: Crawl-N-Clod

me&pop were watchin tv then...BOOM!
Well... That was your first mistake!!!! instead of watching t.v you should have been paying attention to your batts. Batts just dont blow up all at once there are signs, one of them being swelling!!! Better be glad it wasnt lipo's because you wouldnt be posting any pics probably because you wouldnt have a house left.
I have been seeing more and more people charing their lipo's in an old 50 caliber ammo case packed with sand to cushion and explosion just in case
Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 PM
wd40prerunner

wow!
Old 08-26-2007, 10:51 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

ORIGINAL: kdz76

ORIGINAL: Crawl-N-Clod

me&pop were watchin tv then...BOOM!
Well... That was your first mistake!!!! instead of watching t.v you should have been paying attention to your batts. Batts just dont blow up all at once there are signs, one of them being swelling!!! Better be glad it wasnt lipo's because you wouldnt be posting any pics probably because you wouldnt have a house left.
I have been seeing more and more people charing their lipo's in an old 50 caliber ammo case packed with sand to cushion and explosion just in case
Lipos explode more in flame than a deadly explosion of shapnal. They sell special fireproof bags for charging you lipo in.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:38 AM
dirt101

one of my buddies was racing his crt 5 i the normal truggy class when a turn marshal threw a truggy on top of his crt 5. he was out of the race because it broke the a arm. But on his way home his truck caught on fire in the back of his truck. Apparently the truggy busted the receiver pack and it took a while for it to catch fire. It was a nimh too.

I wont get lipos just for the safety reasons. Maybe down the road when they get a little safer.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Lilredmachine

ORIGINAL: dirt101

I wont get lipos just for the safety reasons. Maybe down the road when they get a little safer.
Li-pos will never get safer. The only way they will become safer is to change the chemistry of them, and then they would no longer be Li-Po cells. Li-MN is apparently supposed to be safer, but I haven't seen them used just yet.