Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

foam tires for TA05

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:12 PM
mkoresh12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foam tires for TA05

Hey, I was wondering what foam tires those of you with a TA05 are using? I have some TRC foams but there either isn't enough offset or the inner diameter of the wheel is too small. The wheel rubs on the ball link and its almost worn through. The hexes I have give me about 1mm extra space over stock but its not enough. I've been looking at tower but they don't give the offset and only give the measurement of the total diam, not wheel diam. Any suggestion on a wheel/tire combo that has 2-3mm offset?
Old 09-02-2007, 07:24 PM
[]TEX[]

Default RE: foam tires for TA05

All the standard offset foams should fit.

Try GRP at Tower, you want 28mm foams in any brand. Offset is not going to do anything for the rubbing.

The other thing is to move the ball in one hole. You should not have it all the way on the end.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:37 AM
mkoresh12

Default RE: foam tires for TA05

It is all the way in. Can't really see it from the pics. The offset should push the wheel away from the suspension slightly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45758.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	755782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13073.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	755783