Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Battery charging

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:55 PM
firetacoma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery charging

Stupid question follows:
I am NOT new to RC, but new to peak chargers... I've always had timer chargers. Anyways, I have been charging my Venom 3300 NiMh batteries at 4 amps. I recently found out that maybe this isn't the best? Is this the case? Should I charge them at something else? If so, what?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:00 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Battery charging

4 Amps is good, less might be better for battery life and more might be better for power.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:38 PM
NitroNuisance

Default RE: Battery charging

They reccomend charging them at 3 amps for battery life and 4 amps for performance. Allthough if you have a charger like mine that only has 1,2, and 4 amp charge rates I used 2 amps for my venoms and that seemed to work fine. 4 amps is ok but the batteries won't last as long. I do reccomend rebuilding those batteries though. I rebuilt mine side by side using deans - noodle wire, bars, and plugs and that was a huge improvement. They no longer false peak or overcharge and they have a little more punch.